BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Russell Dickerson PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 3, 2016
These NYKO chargers and batteries are simply awesome. Don't understand any negative reviews as I have bought 4 sets of these (1st set was for the xbox 360). The base acts as a organized place to set/charge them. Best of all the batteries hardly need charging, last really long time. Never need to remove or replace batteries, just place and it charges. The charging indicators are great, make sure you watch that light up first to know the connection is good. I guess if there is one improvement that can be made it's the connection while charging. Sometimes you have to 'wiggle' the controller to make sure it connects correctly. If that's the big fuss why this thing gets one star reviews then get some new standards. This works amazingly well and well worth the money.
on June 23, 2015
The Nyoke Charge Base is a fantastic solution to the "double A battery" option Microsoft gives you by default, although this product isn't without drawbacks. Seating the controller seems to have gotten easier with time, but still seems a tad finicky.

The charge indicators - and the amount of charge - seem all over the place. I've placed a topped-off (sitting on the cradle over night) controller on the base after playing for an hour and the indicator light showed red suggesting a nearly dead battery. The next day, a 2-3 hour gaming session resulted in a yellow indicator light. The capacity in hours of playtime is very unclear, but I suppose one can't complain until it stops working.

Overall an inexpensive solution... provided it doesn't die, and take one of my $60 controllers with it.

Pros:
Very inexpensive
Fairly compact design
Base and two batteries

Cons:
*Feels* inexpensive
Battery indicator lights and battery capacity are a total mystery
on July 26, 2015
Let me preface this review by saying the product functions as you would expect-- The charge pack goes in the controller, it lasts about 1-3 days, and it recharges fine. However, I feel like it has a few quirks that detract from the overall product, thus I give it 2 stars.

I first started using Nyko charge bases with the 360. Bought it about 5 years ago and it was always on point. I really liked the previous charge base because the battery pack fit right on and came off easily (making changing a charged pack with a dispensed pack very easy). The controller seemed to slide right in and get a good contact immediately, and the controllers lasted long enough.

However, I feel like this Nyko charge base only hits 1 of these 3. First, the battery packs arent all in one; it's a plate with a battery. I just dont get the point of that, its just 1 more part to potentially lose. The battery fits very snuggly (very tight) and the plate is awkward to get off. It's certainly not a deal breaker but its just more fidgeting and fumbling when all you wanna do is change the darn battery. I'll accidentally turn off the controller, turn on/off the Xbox, whatever when Im messing with this. For those with 2 controllers, this isnt even a deal, so take that in to consideration. You only will have to mess with it once.

The second miss is I feel like the controllers dont always slide right in and hit the contact to charge. Often I have to play a mini-game of moving the controller around a bit until it has a good contact.

The batteries do work. They charge quickly and last a reasonable amount of time. I just feel like I dont like this this Nyko Charge Base as much as the 360 one I had years back. None of this detracts heavily from the device, I just dont feel like it earns 5 stars. My $.02.

TLDR;
+Looks good
+Has a cool screen to show the controller is charged or charging
+Lasts reasonable amount of time
+Recharges quickly
-Doesnt always seem to make a contact with controller to base
-Battery pack is a plate and battery (why?) and is difficult to remove.
on October 25, 2014
1.) Charge two xbox controllers by just sitting there and looking pretty - check.

2.) Easily place and remove the controllers without drawing suspicion that the product designer was trying to annoy me - check.

3.) Won't empty the wallet. - check

That's all I needed. But in addition to that, the charger looks very slick and form fitting sitting on top of the non-vented side of the Xbone. The indicator lights are angled upwards and don't emit bright light. So, I very much doubt you'll be annoyed if you are considering this for a bedroom.

Protip: This charger works well with a "smart power strip" which ensures the charger is only drawing power while you're watching TV. Another plus for the bedroom set-up - because night time.
review image
0Comment| 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 11, 2017
AWESOME! Had my xbox for 2 weeks and the thing was eating up a set of AA batteries every other day! Bought a cheaper set of rechargable batteries only to find they were so poorly made only one of the two would charge, and you had to remove the batteries from the controller to charge them. FAIL. Before getting this xbox I had a 360 for 10 years, and had a Nyko charger for those controllers. The charger and batteries were still working GREAT when I traded off the 360 for the One. And the Nyko rechargables last WAY LONGER in the xbox One controllers than the off brand did.
review image
on August 21, 2017
it really hard to get the controller seated correctly. Also if you have the Nyko charge & play kit for the xbox one, the battery case for that doesn't sit on this without forcing it down.

Also one of my batteries for this didn't work. I contacted Nyko support, as I have had good experiences with them in the past. They emailed me back saying they would send me a battery It's been 6 months and no replacement battery.

If you are looking at this, you probably should move on and look at a different manufacturer.
on December 28, 2016
Very stylish and cool concept, but the port to make it charge is a bit finicky and sometimes doesn't charger, but this is rare. Also the LED's on the front really don't do what they are advertised to do. It only shows how charged it is for 10 seconds after I put a controller on. It is still a very good product, as the energizer version has lights that are too bright.
on June 28, 2016
I bought this charge base because the XBox360 base Nyko made was fantastic. This one however wasn't up to par. The chargers don't fit in snug and won't charge the battery unless you put a heavy object ( I use the World of Ice and Fire book) on top of the controllers to engage the charging mechanism. When you do so it works exactly as we'd all hope. I've seen complaints similar to mine and I discounted them thinking (like i've seen many replies saying) that the people must have been idiots and didnt put the controllers on the base correctly. But I've tried everything as well as have 5 friends give it a shot and it's simply bad engineering. I may have got a dud...that's always a possibility but I think Nyko still needs to do some work on this. Still a fan of the company but this product fell flat.
on August 14, 2015
My last Xbox controller charger I bought was an Energizer for my Xbox 360 and I never had a problem with it. This one however had a few kinks that needed to be worked out. The main problem being that even though the controller will stop charging when the device believed they are fully charged is wrong. When you turn on the Xbox they are slightly consumed according to the Xbox battery reader. Now this is no big deal since I'm not usually playing games for 8 hours straight and don't need that extra two hours to continue gaming. However, I could see this being a concern to many other people.

Secondly I could installing the battery packs quite easy even though others found it difficult. The arros pointed me in the right direction and the + - was correct as well. They charge at a fast rate as well. All in all I would recommend this product to someone who doesn't want to pay a lot of money to charge their controllers, but if you have a few extra bucks I would recommend the Energizer, you will be much happier and can use rechargeable batteries instead.
on July 13, 2017
You would expect from the products they made for the 360 to know what they are doing, but the regularity of bad contacts and charge errors prove otherwise. The batteries are holding up well, charge and play times are what I would expect. The major design flaw seems to be in the battery cover, or maybe the size of the contact points. If the controllers are casually placed on the cradle, 4 out of 5 times they will not contact properly and will fail to charge, you have to wait for the confirmation light.