Lyft Vehicles Review HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on December 27, 2015
This is a great charger. It charges fast and I can play all day without doing it again until I go sleep. It great how easy is to put it in the charger. It just works.
100% recommended!

Edit:Now I don't know what is my baterry status when is charging or when I'm playing. The lights while charging stopped working, so I can't see if is full charged or not and can't check the status of the baterry in the xbox because it always says is fully charged even when I have been playing for 5 hours. I know it is charging because I can play the whole day without the need to recharge but I just to possible to see when a charge is needed. Changed to 4 starts just for this little problem.

Edit 2: Not working like before. Can't even play 20 minutes before control stop working because it needs to be charged.

Edit 3: Can't charge two controls at the same time and I don't know which one is charging.
review image
on October 25, 2014
1.) Charge two xbox controllers by just sitting there and looking pretty - check.

2.) Easily place and remove the controllers without drawing suspicion that the product designer was trying to annoy me - check.

3.) Won't empty the wallet. - check

That's all I needed. But in addition to that, the charger looks very slick and form fitting sitting on top of the non-vented side of the Xbone. The indicator lights are angled upwards and don't emit bright light. So, I very much doubt you'll be annoyed if you are considering this for a bedroom.

Protip: This charger works well with a "smart power strip" which ensures the charger is only drawing power while you're watching TV. Another plus for the bedroom set-up - because night time.
review image
0Comment| 109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 23, 2017
I have had 4 Xbox controller chargers now from Nyko. 2 that I originally bought for my Xbox 360 and they were phenomenal so when I bought my boys their own Xbox one's I bought them both a new Nyko charger. Why would I not go with Nyko? They worked flawlessly on the 360. How wrong I was about the Nyko chargers for the Xbox 1. They have been absolute GARBAGE! First and foremost you can't just sent the controller on the charger and forget about it like on the system with the 360. You have to stand there and fiddle with them to make sure the controller is making proper contact so it will charge. It has been like this since day 1. Even then they don't fully charge properly. Next the lights on the front that indicate the charge level just sit there and blink wildly. Occasionally they will show you the red, yellow, green charge level indicator. Or they don't display any lights at all. PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF THE HASSLE AND AGRIVATION AND BUY ANOTHER BRAND!
on January 25, 2017
This fits great in my cabinet, next to my XB1 & saves me $$$/time on battery replacement. The flaws are that sometimes the XB1 controller will not charge while in the base. The reason is the gold contacts on the XB1 charger base do not register. I end up using a pocket knife & pulling the gold contacts out a little bit. But after a few uses, you have to do it again. Also the 2nd time I ordered this, the rechargeable battery would flash & would not recharge anymore. I also own the Nyko charger base for 360 & love it; a much better design. If you are considering purchasing this, I would recommending buying this new versus used or AWD.
I ordered this 3x from Amazon Warehouse Deals -
1st order - they send only the base without the batteries or covers
2nd order - they send it complete, but the 2nd battery will not recharge anymore
3rd order - they send an Xbox 360 controller charging station
4th order - waiting for delivery (bought New from Amazon)
on November 3, 2016
These NYKO chargers and batteries are simply awesome. Don't understand any negative reviews as I have bought 4 sets of these (1st set was for the xbox 360). The base acts as a organized place to set/charge them. Best of all the batteries hardly need charging, last really long time. Never need to remove or replace batteries, just place and it charges. The charging indicators are great, make sure you watch that light up first to know the connection is good. I guess if there is one improvement that can be made it's the connection while charging. Sometimes you have to 'wiggle' the controller to make sure it connects correctly. If that's the big fuss why this thing gets one star reviews then get some new standards. This works amazingly well and well worth the money.
on August 4, 2016
I love this charger for my wireless Xbox One controllers because of the convenience it offers. I love that we can simply grab a controller and play knowing they are charged and no more hassle of changing low batteries. There is nothing to constantly remove and/or replace, simply set and remove the entire controller on the dock! The dock will hold two chargers at a time and came with the needed rechargeable batteries and a cover to put on the back of your controllers. There is a display of each controller that shows you when they are charging. All you need is an outlet to plug this in, it doesn't have to be connect to your TV or Xbox system in any way - could be set up in another room, if needed. I also like that it doesn't take up much room and lays pretty flat. I was able to slide this under a smaller shelf on our TV stand.
review imagereview image
on June 23, 2015
The Nyoke Charge Base is a fantastic solution to the "double A battery" option Microsoft gives you by default, although this product isn't without drawbacks. Seating the controller seems to have gotten easier with time, but still seems a tad finicky.

The charge indicators - and the amount of charge - seem all over the place. I've placed a topped-off (sitting on the cradle over night) controller on the base after playing for an hour and the indicator light showed red suggesting a nearly dead battery. The next day, a 2-3 hour gaming session resulted in a yellow indicator light. The capacity in hours of playtime is very unclear, but I suppose one can't complain until it stops working.

Overall an inexpensive solution... provided it doesn't die, and take one of my $60 controllers with it.

Pros:
Very inexpensive
Fairly compact design
Base and two batteries

Cons:
*Feels* inexpensive
Battery indicator lights and battery capacity are a total mystery
on July 13, 2017
You would expect from the products they made for the 360 to know what they are doing, but the regularity of bad contacts and charge errors prove otherwise. The batteries are holding up well, charge and play times are what I would expect. The major design flaw seems to be in the battery cover, or maybe the size of the contact points. If the controllers are casually placed on the cradle, 4 out of 5 times they will not contact properly and will fail to charge, you have to wait for the confirmation light.
on July 26, 2015
Let me preface this review by saying the product functions as you would expect-- The charge pack goes in the controller, it lasts about 1-3 days, and it recharges fine. However, I feel like it has a few quirks that detract from the overall product, thus I give it 2 stars.

I first started using Nyko charge bases with the 360. Bought it about 5 years ago and it was always on point. I really liked the previous charge base because the battery pack fit right on and came off easily (making changing a charged pack with a dispensed pack very easy). The controller seemed to slide right in and get a good contact immediately, and the controllers lasted long enough.

However, I feel like this Nyko charge base only hits 1 of these 3. First, the battery packs arent all in one; it's a plate with a battery. I just dont get the point of that, its just 1 more part to potentially lose. The battery fits very snuggly (very tight) and the plate is awkward to get off. It's certainly not a deal breaker but its just more fidgeting and fumbling when all you wanna do is change the darn battery. I'll accidentally turn off the controller, turn on/off the Xbox, whatever when Im messing with this. For those with 2 controllers, this isnt even a deal, so take that in to consideration. You only will have to mess with it once.

The second miss is I feel like the controllers dont always slide right in and hit the contact to charge. Often I have to play a mini-game of moving the controller around a bit until it has a good contact.

The batteries do work. They charge quickly and last a reasonable amount of time. I just feel like I dont like this this Nyko Charge Base as much as the 360 one I had years back. None of this detracts heavily from the device, I just dont feel like it earns 5 stars. My $.02.

TLDR;
+Looks good
+Has a cool screen to show the controller is charged or charging
+Lasts reasonable amount of time
+Recharges quickly
-Doesnt always seem to make a contact with controller to base
-Battery pack is a plate and battery (why?) and is difficult to remove.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 14, 2015
My last Xbox controller charger I bought was an Energizer for my Xbox 360 and I never had a problem with it. This one however had a few kinks that needed to be worked out. The main problem being that even though the controller will stop charging when the device believed they are fully charged is wrong. When you turn on the Xbox they are slightly consumed according to the Xbox battery reader. Now this is no big deal since I'm not usually playing games for 8 hours straight and don't need that extra two hours to continue gaming. However, I could see this being a concern to many other people.

Secondly I could installing the battery packs quite easy even though others found it difficult. The arros pointed me in the right direction and the + - was correct as well. They charge at a fast rate as well. All in all I would recommend this product to someone who doesn't want to pay a lot of money to charge their controllers, but if you have a few extra bucks I would recommend the Energizer, you will be much happier and can use rechargeable batteries instead.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse