Nylabone Dura Chew Medium Textured Tug Dog Chew Toy
|Price:||$7.49 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- DuraChew toys are made to be long lasting for powerful chewers
- Utilizes different textures to add intrigue while promoting oral health
- Bristles raised during chewing help clean teeth and control plaque and tartar
- Satisfies your dog's natural urge to chew
- Made with durable nylon for powerful chewers
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Beginning with our first chew toy in 1955, our goal at Nylabone is to make furry tails wag for the highest-quality chew toys, best long-lasting edible chews, and most innovative dental solutions in the world. Nylabone the leader in safe, healthy chewing since 1955, is a family-operated company with a history of helping pet parents take the best possible care of their companion animals. At Nylabone we know that every dog is different, and we are committed to developing the very best solutions to your pet’s needs, whatever they may be.
We love to hear how Nylabone families use our products to solve problems like destructive chewing, separation anxiety, and poor dental health, helping their dogs live fuller, happier lives. Recommended by veterinarians, Nylabone manufactures chew toys and edible chews in many styles and sizes, so there is a Nylabone chew toy or edible chew for every dog. Nylabone’s products promote good canine dental hygiene, enhance overall mental fitness, redirect destructive chewing and other problem behaviors, and generally encourage a positive pet–parent relationship.
To put it simply, Nylabone Chews Better!
Why Is Destructive Chewing a Problem?
Dogs have definite preferences when it comes to items they enjoy chewing: brand-new things, expensive things, irreplaceable things, and dangerous things that could hurt them seem to always be at the top of their list. Sadly, many dogs, including approximately 31 percent of shelter dogs are given up by their families due to problem behaviors, and destructive chewing is one of the most commonly reported. Although you may never know exactly why your dog has suddenly decided to destroy your laptop, cell phone, and every remote in the house, it may comfort you to know that there is no shortage of possible reasons:
- Attention seeking: If your dog starts to chew on inappropriate objects while in your presence, it may be a bid for your attention.
- Boredom: Dogs are highly intelligent animals who need things to do. If left alone all day, even when they don’t suffer separation anxiety, they will create their own fun with your precious items.
- Lack of exercise: Dogs need to work off their energy somehow. It’s up to you whether your pet wanders the house looking for items to gnaw or goes for brisk walks around the neighborhood.
- Loneliness and separation anxiety: Lonely dogs may chew things as a means of self-soothing. When things get bad enough, lonely chewing can turn into full-blown separation anxiety.
- Youth: Dogs are chewers by nature, and you must expect that a puppy at least up to the age of six months needs to chew. Because dogs don’t have hands, mouthing objects is one of the main ways in which they learn about the world. Chewing also alleviates some of the pain and pressure in a puppy’s gums during the teething process.
Nylabone Chews Better!
Nylabone chew toys help establish proper chewing habits and relieve the causes of destructive chewing. Nylabone offers a variety of chew toys in all sizes and shapes to occupy both puppies and adults, satisfying their need to gnaw on something while diverting them from chewing on inappropriate items. Unlike most other chew toys on the market, Nylabone formulates its classic bones and other chew toys with flavors infused all the way through, to keep your dog engaged with the chew and provide him with long-lasting enjoyment.
Nylabone offers the following destructive chewing solutions for your dog:
- DuraChew chew toys for powerful chewers
- Flavor Frenzy multi-flavored chew toys
- FlexiChew chew toys for moderate chewers
|Dog Weight||Puppy||Up to 15 lbs.||Up to 25 lbs.||Up to 35 lbs.||Up to 50 lbs.||50+ lbs.|
|Chew Size||Be sure to select the right-size chew for your puppy by referring to individual puppy package guidelines.||Petite/X-Small||Regular/Small||Wolf/Medium||Giant/Large||Souper/X-Large|
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Nylabone Dura Chew Medium Textured Tug Dog Chew Toy
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Dimensions||3.38 inches x 6 inches x 1 inches||5.63 inches x 5.63 inches x 1.38 inches||5.75 inches x 4.63 inches x 0.88 inches||3.75 inches x 6 inches x 1 inches|
|Item Package Weight||0.3 pounds||0.6 pounds||0.25 pounds||0.02 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
For the record, she is the appropriate size for this toy, though her snout is a bit on the small side.
Just beware, and maybe opt for a different shape of Nylabone.
The circle part of the toy got locked inside her mouth behind her canine teeth and we could not dislodge it.
Because it was chewed up and sharp on the edges, each position we tried to move it in, just cut into her mouth more and more.
The vet had to totally sedate her and get bolt cutters to cut it off on each side.
I am sure this is rare and it must have been the fact that her mouth was at a perfect angle.
But I wouldn't take the chance on purchasing one if I were you.
It was very traumatic for the whole family and the Bill was $129 to get it removed!
Suggest another nylabone without a small opening!
She really loves this Nylabone! She's had it for about two months now and it's starting to get pretty gross due to her bite marks and the fur and everything on the bone, so I think I'm going to buy a replacement one now. But it's very impressive for a dog toy to last for two months with my crazy chewer, so I think we were both very happy with this particular bone!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Held up pretty well, but after close to a year it is certainly showing it's wear from a hard chewer.Published 8 days ago by BK
Finally a toy that my destructive dog can not destroy! This quickly became one of his favorites and over 6 months later it is still intact.Published 28 days ago by xtina
These are not for chewing. I don't know how it can be advertised as "medium textured" when it's made out of hard plastic and could actually break a dog's teeth. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Gadget girl
My dog is medium size with a tendency to destroy all toys, finally found him a toy that wont fall apart.Published 3 months ago by Erika Rosete
Great chew toy. If you have a dog that likes to chew this is the toy for you. My pitbull can tear apart any toy , even Kong but not Nylabone toys.Published 4 months ago by Ab