Nylabone Original Chicken Flavored Dental Dinosaur Dura Chew Toy
- Dental Chews feature textures that help clean teeth and control plaque and tartar
- Bristles raised during chewing help clean teeth and control plaque & tartar build-up
- Made for powerful chewers weighing up to 50 pounds
- Dinosaur shape varies. Customer could receive T-rex, Brontosaurus, or Stegosaurus
This item is available because of the Add-on program
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Destructive chewing is one of the most prevalent canine problem behaviors.
Beginning with our first chew toy in 1955, our goal at Nylabone is to make furry tails wag for the highest-quality chew toys, best long-lasting edible chews, and most innovative dental solutions in the world. Nylabone the leader in safe, healthy chewing since 1955, is a family-operated company with a history of helping pet parents take the best possible care of their companion animals. At Nylabone we know that every dog is different, and we are committed to developing the very best solutions to your pet’s needs, whatever they may be.
We love to hear how Nylabone families use our products to solve problems like destructive chewing, separation anxiety, and poor dental health, helping their dogs live fuller, happier lives. Recommended by veterinarians, Nylabone manufactures chew toys and edible chews in many styles and sizes, so there is a Nylabone chew toy or edible chew for every dog. Nylabone’s products promote good canine dental hygiene, enhance overall mental fitness, redirect destructive chewing and other problem behaviors, and generally encourage a positive pet–parent relationship.
To put it simply, Nylabone Chews Best!
Why Is Destructive Chewing a Problem?
Dogs have definite preferences when it comes to items they enjoy chewing: brand-new things, expensive things, irreplaceable things, and dangerous things that could hurt them seem to always be at the top of their list. Sadly, many dogs, including approximately 31 percent of shelter dogs are given up by their families due to problem behaviors, and destructive chewing is one of the most commonly reported. Although you may never know exactly why your dog has suddenly decided to destroy your laptop, cell phone, and every remote in the house, it may comfort you to know that there is no shortage of possible reasons:
- Attention seeking: If your dog starts to chew on inappropriate objects while in your presence, it may be a bid for your attention.
- Boredom: Dogs are highly intelligent animals who need things to do. If left alone all day, even when they don’t suffer separation anxiety, they will create their own fun with your precious items.
- Lack of exercise: Dogs need to work off their energy somehow. It’s up to you whether your pet wanders the house looking for items to gnaw or goes for brisk walks around the neighborhood.
- Loneliness and separation anxiety: Lonely dogs may chew things as a means of self-soothing. When things get bad enough, lonely chewing can turn into full-blown separation anxiety.
- Youth: Dogs are chewers by nature, and you must expect that a puppy at least up to the age of six months needs to chew. Because dogs don’t have hands, mouthing objects is one of the main ways in which they learn about the world. Chewing also alleviates some of the pain and pressure in a puppy’s gums during the teething process.
Nylabone Chews Best!
Nylabone chew toys help establish proper chewing habits and relieve the causes of destructive chewing. Nylabone offers a variety of chew toys in all sizes and shapes to occupy both puppies and adults, satisfying their need to gnaw on something while diverting them from chewing on inappropriate items. Unlike most other chew toys on the market, Nylabone formulates its classic bones and other chew toys with flavors infused all the way through, to keep your dog engaged with the chew and provide him with long-lasting enjoyment.
Nylabone offers the following destructive chewing solutions for your dog:
- DuraChew chew toys for powerful chewers
- Flavor Frenzy multi-flavored chew toys
- FlexiChew chew toys for moderate chewers
|Dog Weight||Puppy||Up to 15 lbs.||Up to 25 lbs.||Up to 35 lbs.||Up to 50 lbs.||50+ lbs.|
|Chew Size||Be sure to select the right-size chew for your puppy by referring to individual puppy package guidelines.||Petite/X-Small||Regular/Small||Wolf/Medium||Giant/Large||Souper/X-Large|
Dura Chews are made from the same tough, durable nylon as all Dura Chews and are designed for powerful chewers and naturally satisfies the urge to chew. Varying styles Frustration free package.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||2 x 6 x 8.75 in||1.5 x 9.5 x 13.5 in||1.5 x 4.5 x 10 in||0.88 x 4.63 x 5.75 in||1.38 x 5.63 x 5.63 in||7.25 x 6.5 x 1.8 in|
|Size||Single Dinosaur||Red and Green (2-Pack)||Souper||Wolf/Medium||Large||Medium|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
There is no noticeable scent on the toy- though it does say chicken flavored I did not try it out myself.
Great for a dog who has destroyed previous chew toys- this hard plastic like material is nearly impossible to make a major dent in
There are plenty of better options from Nylabone. I'm trying a whole bunch with him to see what he likes best and which ones are durable enough for him. He really likes this Nylabone Fun N Fit Oval Ring (I think the different textures help too) Tfh Fun N Fit Flex Oval Rng Md. And his favorite chew of all is actually the Benebone Wishbone in bacon flavor.
My dog is a 45lb lab/beagle and a 65lb border collie shepherd mix. Both of them chew these, and they do some damage to it over time but it's a nice durable chew that is easy for them to carry around. The nubs also help their gums.
They (all hard chews) do have the potential to snag the carpet once they are chewed up and rough, so we put a designated blanket down for chewing and that eliminates the chance of carpet snagging.