Nylabone Dental Dinosaur Chew Toy (Dinosaur Varies)
|Price:||$4.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
|You Save:||$2.50 (33%)|
- Dental Chews feature textures that help clean teeth and control plaque and tartar
- Bristles raised during chewing help clean teeth and control plaque & tartar build-up
- Made for powerful chewers weighing up to 50 pounds
- Dinosaur shape varies. Customer could receive T-rex, Brontosaurus, or Stegosaurus
This item is available because of the Add-on program
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Size: Single Dinosaur | Package Type: Frustration-Free Packaging
From the Manufacturer
Destructive chewing is one of the most prevalent canine problem behaviors.
Beginning with our first chew toy in 1955, our goal at Nylabone is to make furry tails wag for the highest-quality chew toys, best long-lasting edible chews, and most innovative dental solutions in the world. Nylabone the leader in safe, healthy chewing since 1955, is a family-operated company with a history of helping pet parents take the best possible care of their companion animals. At Nylabone we know that every dog is different, and we are committed to developing the very best solutions to your pet’s needs, whatever they may be.
We love to hear how Nylabone families use our products to solve problems like destructive chewing, separation anxiety, and poor dental health, helping their dogs live fuller, happier lives. Recommended by veterinarians, Nylabone manufactures chew toys and edible chews in many styles and sizes, so there is a Nylabone chew toy or edible chew for every dog. Nylabone’s products promote good canine dental hygiene, enhance overall mental fitness, redirect destructive chewing and other problem behaviors, and generally encourage a positive pet–parent relationship.
To put it simply, Nylabone Chews Best!
Why Is Destructive Chewing a Problem?
Dogs have definite preferences when it comes to items they enjoy chewing: brand-new things, expensive things, irreplaceable things, and dangerous things that could hurt them seem to always be at the top of their list. Sadly, many dogs, including approximately 31 percent of shelter dogs are given up by their families due to problem behaviors, and destructive chewing is one of the most commonly reported. Although you may never know exactly why your dog has suddenly decided to destroy your laptop, cell phone, and every remote in the house, it may comfort you to know that there is no shortage of possible reasons:
- Attention seeking: If your dog starts to chew on inappropriate objects while in your presence, it may be a bid for your attention.
- Boredom: Dogs are highly intelligent animals who need things to do. If left alone all day, even when they don’t suffer separation anxiety, they will create their own fun with your precious items.
- Lack of exercise: Dogs need to work off their energy somehow. It’s up to you whether your pet wanders the house looking for items to gnaw or goes for brisk walks around the neighborhood.
- Loneliness and separation anxiety: Lonely dogs may chew things as a means of self-soothing. When things get bad enough, lonely chewing can turn into full-blown separation anxiety.
- Youth: Dogs are chewers by nature, and you must expect that a puppy at least up to the age of six months needs to chew. Because dogs don’t have hands, mouthing objects is one of the main ways in which they learn about the world. Chewing also alleviates some of the pain and pressure in a puppy’s gums during the teething process.
Nylabone Chews Best!
Nylabone chew toys help establish proper chewing habits and relieve the causes of destructive chewing. Nylabone offers a variety of chew toys in all sizes and shapes to occupy both puppies and adults, satisfying their need to gnaw on something while diverting them from chewing on inappropriate items. Unlike most other chew toys on the market, Nylabone formulates its classic bones and other chew toys with flavors infused all the way through, to keep your dog engaged with the chew and provide him with long-lasting enjoyment.
Nylabone offers the following destructive chewing solutions for your dog:
- DuraChew chew toys for powerful chewers
- Flavor Frenzy multi-flavored chew toys
- FlexiChew chew toys for moderate chewers
|Dog Weight||Puppy||Up to 15 lbs.||Up to 25 lbs.||Up to 35 lbs.||Up to 50 lbs.||50+ lbs.|
|Chew Size||Be sure to select the right-size chew for your puppy by referring to individual puppy package guidelines.||Petite/X-Small||Regular/Small||Wolf/Medium||Giant/Large||Souper/X-Large|
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Nylabone Original Chicken Flavored Dental Dinosaur Dura Chew Toy
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Quidsi Retail LLC|
|Size||Single Dinosaur||Wolf/Medium||Souper||0.8 lb|
|Dimensions||8.75 inches x 6 inches x 2 inches||5.75 inches x 4.63 inches x 0.88 inches||2.13 inches x 7.63 inches x 1.25 inches||3 inches x 7.6 inches x 3 inches|
|Item Package Weight||0.35 pounds||0.25 pounds||0.45 pounds||0.6 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
I am giving this product 1 star because:
1) It is described as a product for powerful chewers - it did not hold up
2) It is rated for dogs up to 50 pounds - while on the upper end of the scale, our dog fits into that category and the product did not hold up
3) the vet warned us to stop using the product as the size and shape of the pieces were potentially harmful to our dog.
I've been giving my pitty the Nylabone brand chews since she was little. We've tried the Big Chews, Regular and Wolf size, and even the smaller ones and have never had a problem before this one. She loves the liver and bacon flavors, but I've been hesitant to give her any of these bones since our incident. She loves them though, and they keep her teeth clean.
Edit 1/4/13 - I contacted nylabone via email about the situation awhile back, and apparently, my dog is too big for this bone. She is approximately 60lbs, and this bone is made for dogs up to 50lbs. They sent me a huge gift basket of nylabones appropriate for my dogs size, and some books about Pit Bulls. The company definitely has great customer service! Make sure to buy the bones that are rated for your dogs' weight and you shouldn't have a problem with them at all. My dog still loves Nylabones, and we continue to give them to her. She's 6 now and still has very white teeth - no decay at all.
Will save you vet bills and a painful pet if you check the cons about this product.
UPDATE: After a few weeks with this toy I have noticed my dog is able to chew off larger pieces (more specifically the legs) and I have had to take them away for fear of him swallowing them whole. I have also noticed some sharper edges on this bone not only from him chewing, but also the texture of the dinosaur. He has cut himself on it once, but I only realized it when I saw blood on it and inspected his mouth. So, no more of these dinos for me!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Indestructible after having them for over a year with my Border Collie chewing them daily, she still has not gone through them.Published 15 hours ago by Alexandria Crawford
My dog is a bit of a paleontologist - so this is our second time purchasing these Nylabones and they're always great. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Kasey C.
This toy has lasted! If you have a destructo dog like I do it is a good investment.Published 3 days ago by Shawn Stover
My puppy loves this toy, he and our older dog steal it from each other. My puppy is a hard core chewed and this seems to be holding up to him. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Amazon Customer
My dogs kinda liked it, but it didn't hold their interest for too long!Published 5 days ago by Amazonshopper103
My 50lb dog chewed this toy for 3 days and his gums started bleeding. This toy has too many sharp corners and is not suitable.Published 6 days ago by Jose Manuel Goncalves
I bought this for my 3 month old French Bulldog that is teething. She loves it!Published 9 days ago by Jenna Petrzelka