Nylabone Dura Chew Textured Dog Chew, X-Large
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$4.90 (35%)|
- Long-lasting chew toy in delicious bacon flavor challenges even the most aggressive chewers and discourages destructive chewing
- Tough, durable nylon bone keeps powerful chewers busy
- Bristles raised during chewing this dog chew toy help clean teeth and control plaque and tartar
- Chew toy made in the USA
- For dogs more than 50 pounds
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Destructive chewing is one of the most prevalent canine problem behaviors.
Beginning with our first chew toy in 1955, our goal at Nylabone is to make furry tails wag for the highest-quality chew toys, best long-lasting edible chews, and most innovative dental solutions in the world. Nylabone the leader in safe, healthy chewing since 1955, is a family-operated company with a history of helping pet parents take the best possible care of their companion animals. At Nylabone we know that every dog is different, and we are committed to developing the very best solutions to your pet’s needs, whatever they may be.
We love to hear how Nylabone families use our products to solve problems like destructive chewing, separation anxiety, and poor dental health, helping their dogs live fuller, happier lives. Recommended by veterinarians, Nylabone manufactures chew toys and edible chews in many styles and sizes, so there is a Nylabone chew toy or edible chew for every dog. Nylabone’s products promote good canine dental hygiene, enhance overall mental fitness, redirect destructive chewing and other problem behaviors, and generally encourage a positive pet–parent relationship.
To put it simply, Nylabone Chews Best!
Why Is Destructive Chewing a Problem?
Dogs have definite preferences when it comes to items they enjoy chewing: brand-new things, expensive things, irreplaceable things, and dangerous things that could hurt them seem to always be at the top of their list. Sadly, many dogs, including approximately 31 percent of shelter dogs are given up by their families due to problem behaviors, and destructive chewing is one of the most commonly reported. Although you may never know exactly why your dog has suddenly decided to destroy your laptop, cell phone, and every remote in the house, it may comfort you to know that there is no shortage of possible reasons:
- Attention seeking: If your dog starts to chew on inappropriate objects while in your presence, it may be a bid for your attention.
- Boredom: Dogs are highly intelligent animals who need things to do. If left alone all day, even when they don’t suffer separation anxiety, they will create their own fun with your precious items.
- Lack of exercise: Dogs need to work off their energy somehow. It’s up to you whether your pet wanders the house looking for items to gnaw or goes for brisk walks around the neighborhood.
- Loneliness and separation anxiety: Lonely dogs may chew things as a means of self-soothing. When things get bad enough, lonely chewing can turn into full-blown separation anxiety.
- Youth: Dogs are chewers by nature, and you must expect that a puppy at least up to the age of six months needs to chew. Because dogs don’t have hands, mouthing objects is one of the main ways in which they learn about the world. Chewing also alleviates some of the pain and pressure in a puppy’s gums during the teething process.
Nylabone Chews Best!
Nylabone chew toys help establish proper chewing habits and relieve the causes of destructive chewing. Nylabone offers a variety of chew toys in all sizes and shapes to occupy both puppies and adults, satisfying their need to gnaw on something while diverting them from chewing on inappropriate items. Unlike most other chew toys on the market, Nylabone formulates its classic bones and other chew toys with flavors infused all the way through, to keep your dog engaged with the chew and provide him with long-lasting enjoyment.
Nylabone offers the following destructive chewing solutions for your dog:
- DuraChew chew toys for powerful chewers
- Flavor Frenzy multi-flavored chew toys
- FlexiChew chew toys for moderate chewers
|Dog Weight||Puppy||Up to 15 lbs.||Up to 25 lbs.||Up to 35 lbs.||Up to 50 lbs.||50+ lbs.|
|Chew Size||Be sure to select the right-size chew for your puppy by referring to individual puppy package guidelines.||Petite/X-Small||Regular/Small||Wolf/Medium||Giant/Large||Souper/X-Large|
Product Highlight(s):Nylabone Bacon Durable is designed for strong chewers to aid in the removal of tartar and promote proper dental hygiene. Ingredients - Nylon and Bacon Flavor. T.F.H. Nylabone Durable Bone Bacon (Souper, 6-1/2 Inches) A fun and flavorable chew treat for dogs!
Flavor Name: Bacon Flavored Bone
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Compare with similar items
Nylabone Power Chew Dura Chew Double Bone, Bacon Dog Chew Toy, Medium
Nylabone Power Chew DuraChew Bone Dog Chew Toy, Twin Pack, Large
Benebone Wishbone Durable Dog Chew Toy for Aggressive Chewers, Made in USA, Medium, Real Bacon Flavor
Nylabone Power Chew DuraChew Peanut Butter Dog Chew Toy, Medium
Nylabone Flavor Frenzy Souper Dura Chew Cheesesteak Flavored Bone Dog Chew Toy
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||7.63 x 1.25 x 2.13 in||6 x 1 x 3.75 in||10 x 4.5 x 1 in||7 x 1.5 x 4.75 in||6 x 2 x 1.7 in||10 x 4.5 x 1.77 in|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
These bones last a little over a month.. I let them whittling these down to about 30% before I take them away, because I'm paranoid about them choking / trying to swallow them whole... But for 30 days they go to town. I've never had an issue with large chucks coming off, and my vet says they're fine to treat these things like rawhide. The manufacturer makes the flavor throughout every molecule of this product; dogs are meant to get to the center of it!
I had heard good things about Nylabones so I decided to give them a try. They last much longer then the average toys we had been purchasing. The dogs have loved every flavor we have bought and could spend all day knawing on them. We had to buy two so that the two dogs didn't have to share! They last us about 3 or 4 months, which in my opinion is very good for a dog toy if you have tough chewers.
That being said, the reason they don't last longer for us, is because they end up turning into a "shank" as my husband refers to them haha. They get pretty jagged and rough after about a week or 2 of chewing and after a couple months turn into little sharp and pointy daggers. That's when we toss them. My husband and I don't mind them when they are rough after a bit of chewing, we just try not to let them rub up against our legs with the bone, and try not to step on them... we haven't found that the toughness hurts the dogs at all but worry when it gets smaller and sharper.
In the end I would definitely recommend this toy to a serious chewer, but with reservation. I don't think it would be very safe if you had a baby or young child around. As long as there are no youngins and you are willing to watch where you step, it's a great toy! I will keep repurchasing.
1. The little bits get all over the floor and stick to your feet or get into your slippers/shoes (not the bone's fault).
2. The bone will get chewed into a sharp, spearhead-like shape, which will hurt if your dog sticks you with it while running around, so exercise caution.
3. If the dog chews on the bone for a long time, her lip might start to bleed a bit. His lip will also tend to get stretched out.
I can't say that this bone is my dog's favorite chew toy, nor is he overly obsessed with it - he chews on it for a few minutes a few times a week.
Me: five stars. Bone isn't smelly, is tough to destroy, arrived fast and was inexpensive.
Dog: 2 stars. Doesn't smell, is tough to destroy and not worth the hassle.