Nylabone Dura Chew Wishbone
|Price:||$7.71 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
|You Save:||$1.28 (14%)|
- DuraChew toys are made to be long lasting for powerful chewers
- Bristles raised during chewing help clean teeth and control plaque and tartar
- Provides long-lasting entertainment; fights boredom
- Satisfies your dog's natural urge to chew
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Size: Wolf/Medium | Package Type: Standard Packaging
From the Manufacturer
Good dental health routines are important for keeping your dog healthy and happy.
Beginning with our first chew toy in 1955, our goal at Nylabone is to make furry tails wag for the highest-quality chew toys, best long-lasting edible chews, and most innovative dental solutions in the world. Nylabone—the leader in safe, healthy chewing since 1955—is a family-operated company with a history of helping pet parents take the best possible care of their companion animals. At Nylabone we know that every dog is different, and we are committed to developing the very best solutions to your pet’s needs, whatever they may be.
We love to hear how Nylabone families use our products to solve problems like destructive chewing, separation anxiety, and poor dental health, helping their dogs live fuller, happier lives. Recommended by veterinarians, Nylabone manufactures chew toys and edible chews in many styles and sizes, so there is a Nylabone chew toy or edible chew for every dog. Nylabone’s products promote good canine dental hygiene, enhance overall mental fitness, redirect destructive chewing and other problem behaviors, and generally encourage a positive pet–parent relationship.
To put it simply, Nylabone Chews Best!
Why Does Canine Dental Health Matter?
According to the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), an estimated 80 percent of dogs have some form of periodontal disease by the age of two. In fact, tooth and gum disease is the most common clinical condition among adult dogs. Unfortunately, it is too often ignored or overlooked because its only early sign is bad breath.
Plaque forms naturally after eating and can easily be removed by brushing. When not removed regularly, however, it can harden into tartar, which requires professional dental care.
Here are some other dental considerations:
- Foods: Certain foods will cause your dog to accumulate plaque and tartar more quickly. Canned food, for example, is notorious for building up on teeth and gums especially quickly. Feeding your pet crunchy kibble and natural snacks like raw carrots is much better for his teeth than feeding him wet food exclusively. But it is important to know that even dry food can lead to dental problems without regular dental care.
- Senior dogs: The older your dog is, the more he needs you to help him care for his teeth. Without proper care, many older dogs experience tooth loss, which can lead to problems with chewing and appetite as well as behavioral changes.
- Toy breeds and brachycephalic dogs: Toy breeds and brachycephalic dogs (those with 'pushed-in' faces, like Boston Terriers and Pugs) have special dental challenges. Their teeth are often crowded or missing, and small dogs especially tend not to be chewers, an activity necessary for strong, healthy teeth. Luckily, even small dogs can enjoy good dental health if they are provided the right care and incentives.
Nylabone Chews Best!
Nylabone helps you establish a positive dental health routine for your dog, with edible dental chews, a full range of oral care supplies, and chew toys that leave your dog with cleaner teeth. Whether you’re hunkering down to brush your dog’s teeth, setting him up for a chewing session, or giving him a mouth-friendly snack, Nylabone chew toys and edible chews help keep your dog’s smile healthy and his breath fresh.
Always be sure to match dental products to your dog’s size and chewing strength, and keep an eye on him when he’s chewing to make sure that large pieces of chew toys aren’t being chewed off and swallowed. Take worn or chewed-through chew toys away from your dog promptly and replace them with new ones. Human toothpaste and mouthwash are hazardous to dogs, so always use canine-specific dental supplies.
Nylabone offers the following dental solutions to help keep your dog’s teeth and gums healthy:
- Advanced Oral Care dental products
- Dental Chew chew toys
- Nutri Dent Complete edible dental chews
|Dog Weight||Puppy||Up to 15 lbs.||Up to 25 lbs.||Up to 35 lbs.||Up to 50 lbs.||50+ lbs.|
|Chew Size||Be sure to select the right-size chew for your puppy by referring to individual puppy package guidelines.||Petite/X-Small||Regular/Small||Wolf/Medium||Giant/Large||Souper/X-Large|
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Nylabone Dura Chew Regular Original Flavored Wishbone Dog Chew Toy, Up to 35 LBS
Benebone Bacon Flavored Wishbone Chew Toy B00CPDWT2M
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Dimensions||5.75 inches x 4.63 inches x 0.88 inches||2.13 inches x 7.63 inches x 1.25 inches||4.75 inches x 7 inches x 1.5 inches||5.75 inches x 5.75 inches x 0.75 inches|
|Item Package Weight||0.25 pounds||0.45 pounds||0.4 pounds||0.35 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 0:40 Mins|
Update: 45 minutes in and there are bite marks on the toy, but he still hasn't gotten any chunks off. A new record!
In case you're wondering, having 3 teeth removed under full sedation is a costly affair, not to mention the poor little beastie was in pain and had to go through all that...and there's always the risk of bad things happening with any kind of surgery.
There may be no "perfect choice" for dog chew toys; however, if you choose to get a Nylabone and your dog breaks a tooth, make Nylabones go away forever for that dog, because it's likely it's not just a fluke.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Not sure why my pups love these, but they do. Much more so then every other Nylabone I've given them.Published 2 days ago by Zachery Madison
Loved this!! GREAT if you have dry mouth !!! ALL of their products are GREAT!! Check out my review of the toothpaste...also 5 stars!Published 5 days ago by Susan T. Hartley
I and my dog loves it. She gets a good grip on it while chewing, and so far this has been her best chew toy. I am ordering one again.Published 8 days ago by Avishekh Tewari
the dog got shredded pieces of off it - right away-looks like it could be dangerousPublished 12 days ago by Katherine Polk
Gracie is about 20 lbs & a SERIOUS chewer! Whenever she's stressed out, she chews, when she's happy she chews, when she's playing she chews, when she's alone she chews... Read morePublished 12 days ago by Amazon Customer