Bubble Witch Saga 3 Vehicles Review HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

on August 15, 2013
I will say this: This is the best looking cable I have ever purchased over the last 20 years.

It is also a very good cable considering it is a 1mm single strand, polymer (acrylic) cable. It is most likely due to the convex lens termination which, is a new process for this type of material. It does sound better than 100's of other plastic cables. For 90% of the folks out there, it is your "best bang". However, I am in the 10% and, realized that a couple of cables I bought 8? years ago are 280 strand, glass fiber cables that DO sound clearer than this. They ain't pretty but they do a better job on a high dollar sound system. I would still recommend this cable for basic hook-up, because of the quality finishing. (termination) See Below:

P.S. I work for a, we will call it, "major" phone company. We are the largest purchaser of fiber optic cable in the USA and the combined AV purchases of consumer, like you and me, pale to the amount of cable we install across the country. We go to great lengths and care to install it. Some runs are close to 400 miles. If you are thinking about "280 strand glass fiber" cables, the cable is most likely made by Corning Glassworks and yes, they are better than single fiber. Even short lengths.

When making your choices there are 3:

1) single fiber poly/acrylic-some good, most average

2) multi-fiber poly-better

3) multi-fiber glass-best
33 comments| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 28, 2016
Prior to using the Nyrius NWOC500 High Performance Digital Audio Optical Toslink Cable I was having trouble with the digital sound connection between my Smart TV, Bose Sound System (purchased 2002) and my cable box. The cable I was using kept dropping the signal and I would get no sound. The Nyrius NWOC500 High Performance Digital Audio Optical Toslink Cable has resoved that issue! The cable is high quality; much better than what I was using. The ends "snap" into place and remain secure. The cables I was using would not stay secure. The Nyrius NWOC500 High Performance Digital Audio Optical Toslink Cable is great. Now that I have used them, I would not use anything else for the same purpose.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I'm an audio addict. I acquired a motherboard with the finest sound card, so I was looking for a very good optical Toslink Cable. I saw the Nyrius and what happen next looks like a dream. The best clean sound ever. I try with a different cable but no Sr. This cable is just amazing. My logitech Z-5500 reborn with the sound... The quality of the materials are incredibles. Just the best one...
on January 7, 2013
First I'd like to say the seller for this item, "ShopTronics - Amazon Marketplace" was excellent and would recommend buying through them. The cable arrived in a nice box keeping it out of harms way during shipping. The cable is very durable and had protective rubber covers for each end to avoid any damage. The cable fit perfectly with all of my devices, currently I am using this for my Tivo on a soundbar, but would be perfect for my PS3 as well (tested as working). The sound output using this cable is very good. I am not an audio guru, but it works for my needs. I highly recommend this product.
on September 12, 2012
We are not accustomed to hooking up a variety of electronic devices. Fortunatly our son suggested we order a toslink cable to hook our Samsung sound bar to our new Samsung TV. I read reviews of toslink cables and chose the Nirus High Performance Cable. I chose this cable based on reviews that said the connection was solid and you could hear it snap in. I feel I chose the best no complication cable. The Nirus cable performed very well.
on March 12, 2016
Gave it a 1 star cause I'm convinced 1s and 5s are the only ones that get read. Didn't like that the metal barrel around the plug spins freely and feels lose. A plug like this is directional. You have to manipulate it so it's plugged the right way, nearly impossible the way it spins. Very frustrating. Sent it back and got the metabridge. It was just what I was looking for. Oh, the Nyrius looks cooler, if you're into that sort of thing. Once plugged, they both worked just fine.
on November 26, 2015
I don't know a lot about cables, but compared to the other cables I own, this seems like it's VERY nice and very well made. I connected my TV to my receiver with this so I could run the sound through my main speakers rather than the crappy TV speakers, and it worked perfectly.
VINE VOICEon June 18, 2013
This is our first experience with a digital audio optical toslink cable. After reading several reviews, I learned that optical socket/connection/receptacles vary in size. I decided to try the Nyrius toslink cable and am happy to report that it fits snugly into each receptacle (Yamaha receiver to Samsung TV). We haven't experienced any problems and are happy with the purchase. I'll update this review if my opinion changes.
on May 13, 2013
It is a well constructed, thick, sturdy and flexible. I was surprise by the length of the wire and quality for the price. I had bought a different cable at Fry's for a higher price that didn't come close to the quality that this wire is constructed. Only a higher price Monster cable that is three times the price as this Nyrius Optical cable was the same quality. The sound is clear and sharp as the sound that you get from the HMDI cable. I would highly recommend this cable to anyone that is looking for a low price cable. Overall, for the price and quality, I don't know if another company could build a better cable.
on December 21, 2014
Great looking cable that doesn't tangle or coil. The connection is a little loose in my Xbox 360 and almost too tight in my LG soundbar. I wish the metal part with the Nyrius logo did not rotate because it makes it a little difficult to get the plug lined up.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.