Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by Luke Bryan Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 2, 2016
Great product! This product gives me the code so I can Google it and then find the best and cheapest way to fix the problem. This little gadget has saved me hundreds of dollars and the fact that it doesn't need a battery is a huge plus. I keep it in my glove compartment so its available whenever I need it. It doesn't give a lot of engine readings like the more expensive diagnostic tool, but if you just need something to give you the code and clear check engine lights at a low cost, this is definitely the best value. I highly recommend!
on November 18, 2017
Has helped me troubleshoot issues on my Honda Civic (2001).... now I need to see if it works on my 2003 Ford F350
on March 5, 2012
Well Im an old school/old guy mechanic (52) from the dark ages when cars amazingly ran with no computers whatsoever. And the last few years ive lived in dread of having to troubleshoot the overly complex menagerie of computers and sensors the government has shoved down our throats and wallets-- so I only recently decided to add a code reader to my antique tool collection - I'll put them next to my other relics like dwell meters and feeler guages for ignition points. Anyway - I already knew I didnt have any codes since my other reader, an Actron CP9550 said so-- but I was curious to see how this one would do for such a reasonable price. My other code reader may give a bit more detailed info, but for what this MT50 costs its well worth the money to be able to pull codes so you know what to check. It does essentially everything my more expensive Actron plus CP9550 does though reviews say the MT50 (does not) give you the two word description the Actron does - as there were no codes set in my '03 S10 I cant verify this, but even if thats true this little reader works great and is still well worth the price with shipping. It worked as soon as I plugged it in and after cycling it a few times it worked perfect every time. Now I feel I severely overpaid for my Actron 9550, but no matter its still a very useful item and now I have a backup, after all if you cant at the very least read the codes, troubleshooting can be very difficult if not impossible. Thumbs up on this one for price & value - wheres my rocking chair.........
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
A very Nice Diagnostic Tool to have .. Simple as that.. you could spend 30 or 40 bucks for a state inspection either way if your car fails the emission or obd2 test... a completely inexperienced person can use this .. its that simple .. good to know what the problem with your car is even if you have a shop do all your work.. you know what is pretty much wrong before you even bring it to them.. Think Smart... it pays off in the end..
on December 9, 2011
The scanner works as advertized. It doesn't do as much as some of the more expensive ones, but it's easy to look up the codes online. This stuff isn't rocket science, but it can be a bit confusing if you are not a trained auto technician. It helps to do a little research on what OBD is and the model years that have the technology. There are a lot of web sites that come up on a web search for OBD codes. [...] has links to the generic codes and the manufacturer specific codes. Some of the parts stores may do the check for free, probably hoping to sell you the parts to repair the problem.
on November 2, 2014
I just received this code reader to use on my two Honda Fits which employ the CAN protocol. Initially I was unhappy that I couldn't get the OBD2 plug to fit on the OBD2 connectors on the Fits. I finally had to trim away some of the plastic on the inside lip of the plug to get it to engage the connector. Once properly trimmed, it turned on and ran through the appropriate DTC scans and I/M readiness tests. So, once modified the unit did exactly what is was supposed to do. It loses a star due to the plug that seemed a little too small to engage easily.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 23, 2011
So since i couldn't qualify for the super free shipping on amazon when i choose the xitech scanner, i decided to check out this one instead. don't be fooled by the cheap price, this little tool is very handy. Sure there are expensive scanners that give you in depth look at the trouble code you are trying to diagnose, freeze frame data and other convenience options, ect.

but if you just want the codes, this little tool will do the trick. the only real hard work you have to do is using the google search engine to find the meaning of the code number. and even then, its not that big of a deal. it powers on without the need for a battery, so it works flawlessly. i can't really complain when i spent 1/2 the price for the average mechanic to check the codes for me.

I used this on my 1999 Dodge Durango and a 2002 Chevrolet Silverado. excellent product, i suggest this to anyone!
on December 1, 2014
Used it a few times already to assist with my 2008 Chevy Cobalt and my Father's Ford Five hundred. Very basic tool but you get the error code and research the code online.

For me its been a very cost effective device versus purchasing a higher end reader.

Example of my car was it read a Fault Error of P0128. Looked it up and mentioned this is in regards to the Coolant Thermostat. Checked the thermostat and sure enough it popped a rubber seal inside the thermostat. Replaced and good to go now.
on February 11, 2015
Took some force (the pins were bent up) just to get this thing connected to my 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac, but after that I was able to clear my check engine light that had been on for a while.

I had an issue with my Mass Airflow Sensor and had replaced it, but the light never reset... so I purchased this to clear it and see if the MAF was the only issue.

If it comes back on, I know I have more investigating to do.

Lost two stars for the lack of direction and the not-so-good fit.
on November 29, 2015