Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Docooler 16Pin OBD2 Splitter Extension Cable Male to Dual Female Y Cable 30cm
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

on February 8, 2012
I would love to use this, but the cables are so stiff that they stick out several inches when this is plugged in. This cable was designed more for durability in a commercial setting, ie. like a garage or engineering situation.

It's good if you have lots of leg room but in my case it gets in the way. If you have five inches of room from your connector or if you don't need to leave it plugged in all the time this will work.

The company was super to deal with, they deserve six stars. They're in Phoenix so I returned the cable in person. They let me try a right angle cable to see if it would solve my clearance problem. It wouldn't fit because the connector in my car is recessed too far. I bought the cable off their website so they were able to issue me a refund right on the spot. They told me they designed all their cables for durability. And they listen to customer feedback.
on December 20, 2011
This is a very pratical purchase. It allows me to operate my Bully Dog programmer and my Progressive Snapshot at the same time without any problems between the two devices. Great Item!!!
on October 10, 2013
This splitter seems to split an OBD-II port with no issues. I was hesitant that the split might not fully transmit all data to two simultaneously attached devices, but - as far as I can tell - nothing is lost in the split. I have an "In-Drive" unit (State Farm's "Drive Safe & Save" tracker) and an Automatic Link (a little start-up company's device to help you monitor your fuel consumption and "green" driving habits). Both seem to report 100% accurately. Additionally, I've had my local mechanic remove either of my devices and attach their OBD diagnostics tool, and they don't seem to have any issues getting what they need.

For the simple nature of the device, I feel that it warrants a 5-star rating for everything above. However, I'll give some other... "caveats"... that might apply to other general consumers like me. None of the items make the product "bad," but they may cause issues for someone trying to use the device in the same fashion as me. As someone else noted, I feel that this splitter is more designed for a mechanic or an industrial car garage. I'm sure that's more common, but some home-users might run into issues because of the following facts:

1) The unit is what it claims: 1 ft. For me, that's way too long. I actually have the splitter coming out from below my steering wheel, and it sits in a little "alcove" in my center console immediately below my dashboard. It's not glamorous, and I'm working to devise a way to hide it.

2) The splitter is very firm. That's great in terms of quality, integrity, and longevity. However, since I rarely move it (and it's not being chucked around a garage), it doesn't need to be "tough." Instead, this present an annoyance. The cable isn't very flexible. It's thick and stiff. The best thing I can think to compare it to is thick bundle of licorice- maybe firmer. =]

3) The female attachment is a tad "bulky." Compared to my other two devices, it's probably an couple millimeters thick. It JUST fits into the recess where my port is located. If some people have OBD ports that are tucked away in tighter locations, the splitter's size may pose a problem.
on July 9, 2013
I needed to get 2 devices plugged in to my OBDII slot - a gauge/engine monitor and an insurance big brother thing. This did the trick. Yeah, the wires are a little stiff, but it works. Both devices seem to be getting signal and power.

Definitely a good idea to verify where your OBDII slot is before you get one of these - if it is pointing down towards your pedals (like my wife's car), this is a no-go. This could result in a safety issue as it would project into where your feet are.
on November 5, 2012
Device worked in that it'd split the OBD2 connection, but failed in that only 1 thing at a time worked. I wanted it to run Snapshot by Progressive and Torque on my Android phone. If Torque connected, snapshot data would not be saved.

Vice versa, if Snapshot was connected and recording, my phone and tablet would not connect to the Kiwi Bluetooth Device.
99 comments| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 9, 2014
This does not do quite what you might think. Most ODBII ports will not operate two things simultaneously as they are very underpowered. If you have a blue tooth ODBII transmitter that transmits to your phone and a Scangauge, this will only operate one at a time. With that in mind, it is pretty useless. Also, keep in mind many ODBII ports are always hot so if you plug in a transmitter, it may kill your battery. Is this installed in my truck? Yep. It basically is working like a little extension cord tucked up under my dash so I can more easily reach the ODBII plug under there and unplug the Scangauge and plug in the transmitter for long trips or a quick diagnostic.
on October 25, 2010
This cable provides me with easier access to the installed connector in my RV. I needed to augment my dashboard with digital gauges (Scangauge II, Ultragauge,etc) and still retain a connection for a portable code reader. This cable satisfies that need quite well. I can keep the onboard gauge connection hidden and reach the alternate connector without having to squeeze under the dashboard.
on January 1, 2012
Exactly what is described. It is a little bulky, but that is how it needs to be, I think. I was able to successfully run a Scangauge II and a Bluetooth OBDII adapter simultaneously.
on July 17, 2014
The splitter is nice, its not stiff like others said. I wanted it to have my monitor hooked up, and on the other end, my smarty hand held chip. The monitor worked, and the chip lit up, but wouldn't connect, so it was pretty useless to me from there on.
on March 1, 2014
I was hoping I could use two devices at once, however reading several reviews it's hit or miss. It depends basically on how frequently your devices are polling the ECU, but generally speaking you should only have one device hooked up at a time. I have a Cobb AccessPort and wanted to use a bluetooth ODB2 adapter to send data to my phone and soon-to-be carputer apps. So while this lets both be wired up at the same time, I still have to switch one off/on manually. It's not a big deal, and by no fault of this cable, just how the ODB protocol and ecu's communicate.