- Paperback: 1329 pages
- Publisher: Sybex; 1 edition (April 1, 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0782143695
- ISBN-13: 978-0782143690
- Product Dimensions: 12.5 x 3.1 x 16.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 5.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 16 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #4,563,088 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
OCP: Oracle 10g Certification Kit (1Z0-042 and 1Z0-043) 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
From the Back Cover
Here's the comprehensive and affordable self-study solution you need to prepare for the Oracle Database 10g Administration I and Administration II exams.
These Study Guides were developed to meet the exacting requirements of today's Oracle certification candidates. In addition to the consistent and accessible instructional approach that has earned Sybex the reputation as the preferred publisher for IT certification exam candidates worldwide, each book provides:
- Clear and concise information on database administration with Oracle 10g
- Practical examples and insights drawn from the authors' real-world experiences
- Leading-edge exam preparation software, including a test engine and electronic flashcards
Oracle Database 10g Administration I exam, 1Z0-042
- Installing Oracle Database 10g Software
- Creating and Controlling Oracle Databases
- Administering Users
- Managing Schema Objects and Data
- Implementing Oracle Security Features
- Monitoring Performance
- Performing Database Backup and Recovery
- Configuring Recovery Manager
- Understanding the Flashback Database
- Recovering from User Errors
- Working with Globalization Support
- Using the Scheduler to Automate Tasks
- Monitoring and Managing Storage
- Securing the Oracle Listener
About the Author
Bob Bryla, OCP, currently works as an Oracle DBA and Analyst for Lands' End in Dodgeville, Wisconsin.
Tim Buterbaugh, OCP, is a DBA with over 17 years' experience. He currently works as a consultant with EDS.
Chip Dawes, OCP, is a consultant with D&D Technologies and presents at various Oracle User Group conferences.
Joseph C. Johnson is an OCP with over 10 years of experience managing mission-critical Oracle databases. Joe is a Senior Database Administrator with Lands' End.
Doug Stuns is an OCP with over 14 years of experience as an Oracle DBA, developer, and trainer.
Matthew Weishan, OCP, is a senior specialist for EDS in Madison, Wisconsin.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Case in point: When discussing the init.ora parameter DB_BLOCK_CHECKING, the text states the default is "false" except for the SYSTEM tablespace with the implication you can even turn that off. (A question at the end of the chapter reinforces this implication.) In reality, the parameter is always in effect the SYSTEM tablespace and your only choice as a DBA is whether you wish to apply it to non-SYSTEM tablespaces.
If you're looking to get certified on 10g, these books will be an OK resource and it would be in your best interest to consult other references as Oracle's tests are on only on 10gR2 now.
Sybex is one of these outfits that feel their customers are crooks, and they never let you forget it.
Too bad, because some of their material is good. It's really tough to justify this product as a new purchase. If you can find it used, maybe then.
I see keeping these books on my shelf for quick reference going forward.