- Series: Osborne ORACLE Press Series
- Hardcover: 561 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Osborne Media; 1 edition (January 14, 2002)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0072195401
- ISBN-13: 978-0072195408
- Product Dimensions: 7.6 x 1.6 x 9.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 3.1 out of 5 stars See all reviews (29 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #4,810,509 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
OCP Oracle9i Database: Fundamentals I Exam Guide 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
From the Back Cover
Get Certified with Official Exam Prep Material from Oracle Press
Prepare for the Oracle Certified Professional Oracle9i Database: Fundamentals I exam--a required exam for Oracle9i DBA certification--using this Oracle Press study guide. Throughout each chapter, you'll find in-depth details on all the material covered on this challenging exam, followed by practice questions and chapter summaries to highlight what you've learned. Authorized by Oracle Corporation, this book and CD-ROM package is the most comprehensive preparation tool available for the Oracle9i Database: Fundamentals I exam.
- 100% complete coverage of all official exam objectives
- Exercises at the end of all discussions that reinforce your Oracle knowledge right away
- Tips, examples, and reviews in every chapter to help you remember key concepts
- Two-minute drills--quick and concise checklists that summarize each chapter's main points
- Chapter self-tests--exam-based questions complete with in-depth explanations
- More than 300 practice questions--including scenario-based questions
Book and CD-ROM include more than 300 interactive exam-based questions. CD-ROM contains interactive exams that simulate the actual OCP exams and include hotlinked questions, answers, and explanations.
About the Author
Jason Couchman (New York, NY) is an OCP-certified Oracle DBA and author of Oracle Certified Professional DBA Certification Exam Guide, Oracle Certified Professional Application Developer Exam Guide, Oracle Certified Professional DBO Certifica-tion Exam Guide, and Oracle8 Certified Professional DBA Practice Exams. He has led Oracle database projects with Fortune 500 corporations and presented topics at the North Carolina Oracle User Group. His articles on Internet and intranet development have been published internationally.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
Having said that, let me give fellow exam takers some pointers as to how this book can be most efficiently utilized.
The book is useful:
1. for those who want to tie in all the seemingly disparate elements that comprise what a typical Oracle9i DBA must know - you get a really good sense of what is going on in the big picture, and trust me, that is not an easy thing to grasp. The writing itself is excellent.
2. because it is the first book(as far as I know) that is written for 9i (remember I am in a rush to get certification out of the way).
Things could be better if:
1. They proofread the book more carefully - There were only few errors, but this is supposed to be an exam guide! I have a feeling the publisher was under a tight deadline.
2. The problems were too basic (relative to the actual exam)
3. The CD-ROM essentially replicates the problems in the text.
So to summarize, if you are in a situation similar to mine, and insist on getting certified in 9i, study every single bit of informaiton in the book and you will pass. If you have some money(in the thousands) to spare, it might actually save you alot of time and effort to take the training courses. One final option is to get certified in 8i, where there are many quality books that have stood the test of time, and then take the upgrade exam. By the way, if you want to share information and tips, I am thinking of starting a small support group for 9i newbies! Thanks for reading my spiel!!!
test and did completely rely on this book for the preparation.
I flunked by 1 point in the mastery section..
Ok..the book certainly helps prepare but it is certainly
not enough (unless you have good DBA work experience that
I do not have much).This book, if you follow every bit, you
will certainly get through the basic part of the Oracle
Database Fundamental I test (35qns for basic,25 pass; 25qns
for mastery,15pass in actual test).But there were several
questions in the exam for which you will not get the answer
in any part of the book.In actual test, some questions had
1 choice for the answer and some had possible 3 choices
(out of 5 or 6) and you do not know if it is a basic qn or
a mastery one. But I presume that those qns with 3 answer
choices fall under mastery one and were difficult. You will
rarely get questions of similar complexity in the book.
Actual test (for the mastery part) is far more tougher
than the sample qns in the book.
Anyway I will suggest if you do not have much DBA work
experience then try other sources for preparation too.
I was too confident before writing because the book of the
same author for SQL exam did let me get thru' easily.
So help yourself..
I used the book as a warm-up and to know what was covered on the exam. I also used the online documentation that comes with Oracle9i in the areas that the exam covered. The more sources you read, especially those produced directly by Oracle the better off you will be. I read and re-read the material in this book. Thankfully though I also read the Oracle University 8i books on Architecture and Administration that I borrowed from people who had taking the classes. These were the greatest help. The exam wording came almost directly from these books.
The wording of the exam and the challenges it presented were more difficult than what the OCP book prepared you for. Had I not read the OU books the day before the exam I would have struggled a great deal more. Using multiple sources with no actual DBA I missed only 1 basic level question and "a few" more than that on the mastery section. This book has errors that do make studying confusing at times. I am happy to see the third book is by a new author and has no where near the number of errors the first two had.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book has received justifiable bad press.Read more
- Index is sorely lacking and doesn't have enough terms in it.Read more