Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
OCTOMASK - Dive Mask w/Mount for All GoPro Hero Cameras for Scuba Diving, Snorkeling, Freediving
|Price:||& FREE Shipping|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- WORKS WITH ALL GOPRO MODELS including the new GoPro Hero 8, in addition to all other previous models.
- 100% MASK FIT GUARANTEE to ensure you have the best possible diving experience with our products!
- FEATURES AN ULTRA SOFT SILICONE SKIRT made from the highest quality silicone to ensure one of the best fitting masks you have ever had.
- INCLUDES ALUMINUM THUMBSCREW AND TRAVEL BAG with your mask to make easily storing and attaching your GoPro camera a breeze anytime you go scuba diving or snorkeling.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE we are confident that after trying our mask you will agree that its one of the most convent ways to use your GoPro Camera on your next scuba diving or snorkeling adventures!
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
OCTOMASK - SEE IT NOW. WATCH IT LATER.
Octomask’s built in Camera mount offers divers a hands-free way of capturing video footage of memorable moments while diving. Let’s face it, between checking dive computers or holding dive lights, you’ve already got your hands full. Here at Octomask we love to dive, and wanted to make it easy for you to relive your best dives, and share them with others! Our masks and camera mounts are made with the highest quality materials for maximum comfort and durability.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE VARIOUS OCTOMASK MODELS?
Both the Standard and Frameless Models offer a great way to shoot hands free video, and are both comparable in size to each other.
The primary difference between the two models is that the Standard Mask contains two pieces of tempered glass for the lenses, while the frameless contains a single piece of tempered glass.
If you a thinner nose than average, you can go for the Octomask Freediver!
The OCTOMASK tends to fit most people with average to large faces extremely well.
Need Prescription Lenes? Prescription Lenses can be installed into either mask by a dive shop professional, however it is typically less expensive to have lenses installed into the Standard Double Lens Model. Let us know if you need prescription lenses!
OCTOMASK in action!
Capture the moment!
Record those unmemorable moments!
Enjoy your dive wil capturing hands-free video.
Compare with similar items
OCTOMASK - Frameless Dive Mask w/Mount for All GoPro Hero Cameras for Scuba Diving, Snorkeling, Freediving
TUSA M-1001 Freedom HD Scuba Diving Mask
Scuba Choice Scuba Diving Classic Free Dive One-Window Silicone Purged Mask
AQUA A DIVE SPORTS Scuba Snorkeling Dive Mask for Scuba Diving Snorkeling Free Diving
PATALACHI DERTA Silicone Diving Glass with Detachable Screw Mount Diving Mask Scuba Snorkel Swimming Goggles for Sports Camera GoPro HD Hero 8/7/6/5/4/3,GoPro Session,5/4 Session,DJI Osmo Action
|Sold By||OCTOMASK_Dive||OCTOMASK_Dive||SB Aquatics||Amazon.com||AQUA A DIVE SPORTS||HONGCHENG|
|Color||Black||Frameless - Black||Black/Fishtail Blue||Black||PC Lens Black||Black|
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I am updating this review from when I originally purchased this a few months back. I am going to give this 4 stars because:
1) Great customer service: They sent me 2 masks for free and an apology for the issues i encountered. This company genuinely wants to send out a good product and make sure the mask is of quality and cares about the customers.
2) They updated the design: The big problem was the latch that held the strap to the mask failing. It looks like they updated the design similar to my TUSA mask. A lot more sturdy and secure. I attached extra pics showing the new latch.
I will update my review when I test it out during my next dives. I have tried it on and the only issue i can see for now is there can be some pressure on the temple area compared to my other mask. But I would definitely give this a try, especially since they improved the design, the customer service is great, and is fairly comfortable for the most part.
Initially when I tried this mask on, I noticed that there is not enough cushion in the forehead. This was especially more so when you mount a go pro onto it (I use a HERO Session). About 5-10 minutes into wearing it, I started getting pain in the forehead area, giving me a headache. Upon comparison with my current mask (TUSA Freedom Ceos), I felt a big difference in comfort. I also noticed that the go pro itself did not stay put and could easily rotate, no matter how hard i tightened.
Believe it or not, that wasn't even the issue for me.
As I was on the dock just about to go on my dive, the strap came loose and fell on the ground. I notice that the clip at the end of the strap was disconnected from the clip on the mask. When I tried to reconnect it together, it clips just slid off between each other. This is a very flawed design for connecting the strap to the mask itself, as it does not securely lock into place.
This thing did not even make it on one dive. I am so upset, but so grateful this happened before I was in the water. This could have been a huge issue if I was 100+ feet deep with a go pro mounted onto it. Not only would I have lost my go pro and had to end my dive early... it would have been a huge safety issue.
I am writing this as a warning to anyone considering purchasing this product. As a diver, I would stay away from this product at all costs. Not worth risking your dive or your life with. You would probably be better off mounting it with the headstrap, or mounting it somewhere else like your BCD or wrist.
The housing is very tough plastic... even thicker than that on my ScubaPro. The face part is a very soft silicone compound, no leaks at all, very good fit. The straps were easy to adjust, and the mask comes with a protective cloth bag. And, it has a GoPro mount right on the mask... how kool is that?!?
As for any negative comments... they are very minor.
1) The GoPro is attached with a metric screw instead of the thumbscrew you typically have. You need a metric Hex driver to tighten it down and remove it.
2) If you have the GoPro floaty back door attached, it may not seat back where you want it... it may have a slight tilt forward. Or it could just be my over-sized thick skull...
Having said that... I took one of my small GoPro extender link things... attached it, then attached the GoPro to that. Now it sits up about 1/2 inch higher (15mm) and I can adjust it out a bit to compensate for the floaty back. (Or my big head) Additionally... now I have the typical thumb screw and don't need to use a tool.
So overall... I'm giving it 5 stars.
Jerry - [...]
1. Ligher weight.
2. Non batman nose design for the middle aged asian man (which I hear is a really cool segment to market to)
Top international reviews
On the downside, try not to look upwards while filming as the position of the camera means that a lot of your exhaust bubbles will rise up in front of the camera and obscure its view. I will be looking on Amazon to find a piece of kit that I can use to hold the camera a few inches in front of my face to try to avoid this problem in future.
It arrived very quickly and was exactly as advertised