Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now TG18SW_gno

I've had this SSD drive for three years now, and it has worked flawlessly the whole time. I used it to drastically speed up a really old computer, and at that task it was awesome. It was really easy to install, too.

The enclosure and the casing are very solid, and do a great job of protecting the disk.

It is only 60 GB, which I used up really fast. But, I still have my old, slower drive in the computer, too, so space isn't a very big deal.

+Works well
+Held up reliably for me for years
+Easy to install

-Currently outdated
review imagereview image
on November 20, 2012
Installed in my girlfriend's 6 year old laptop using clonezilla and it's blazing now. this is day 0 of use will update in a few months well worth the $70 i paid for it thus far. Install went off without a hitch. Can't wait for the pricing to drop even more so I can upgrade my laptop as well.
Drive still works perfectly. Went from a 40 second boot time to a 28 second boot. Shutdown time decreased from 20 seconds to 5 seconds. All on a 32 bit copy of windows that has 4gb ram and intel centrino processor. Web browsers and other applications open with astonishing speed since the upgrade. Will be ordering another when 500gb+ drives reach reasonable price points for my own laptop which is an i5 with 16gb ram and a 650gb hdd. Couldn't ask for more from an affordable SSD. Would also make for a great boot drive. If you have an older computer and want it to run like new than this drive is for you.
If you do not have experience with computers, PLEASE do yourself a favor and have a certified professional like myself install this item for you and as always maintain a backup copy of your data.
on January 24, 2013
After installing Win7 on the drive on my laptop it worked for arround a month and a week, after that once I received an error "No boot sector", on that occasion I just restart the laptop and start working again, one week later after using the computer just gracefully turn off the laptop and the error shows again but this time the drive never came up.
I did contact OCZ support and they gave me a procedure to follow and a tool for "secure erase" the drive, I followed the procedure, re-install the OS but just the first time I turned the laptop off and turned it on again same point before again.
OCZ technical support gave me a RMA, but since the shipping cost is to high because of my location I just realize I just loose my money and time.
on September 7, 2012
I picked this up to swap out the drive in my HTPC. Aside from my wife's Macbook Air, this was my first SSD and I'm impressed. The drive felt very well constructed and sturdy before I put it in, but it is now hanging on the back of the TV in my living room, so I can't comment on its durability beyond that. The space was plenty for what I needed (currently using ~3.5GB). I installed Ubuntu 12.04 and XBMC and the install went very quickly. Thus far the drive has been trouble-free and I hope to see a long life out of it, given how little its being written to and the constant advancements in SSD support inside modern OSes.
on January 20, 2013
This is a good value, especially for older laptops/desktops that have SATA connection and are not running large OS and application laden systems. I am currently using this on my old MSI Netbook running Windows 8 Pro with no problems and very fast boot times. So if you have an XP/Vista/Win7 or Win8 system that you want a bit more speed, a bit more battery life or less noise then this is the one to get.
Value of buying from Amazon, the first unit was dead. But quick seamless replacement all within a few days.
on January 7, 2013
Put this harddisk into a Asus G73-JH and promptly discovered my motherboard/bios didn't particularly fancy this drive. Come to find, it was my laptop's 'AHCI' BIOS option which made things difficult, so this drive is currently running in IDE splendidly, however everything I've read states that this is a less than ideal scenario for performance/efficiency. Given that, I'm still the first one to load into a new map typically and my boot up time definitely qualifies as 'zippy.' Took some work, but I'm currently happy.

That said, OCZ's tech support docs, customer service, and all around helpfulness in resolving this hardware/software matter was at best a disappointment...Google was, as it always seems, the divine grace that got this drive/my laptop working.
on December 20, 2013
I got this HD to improve the performance of my wife's otherwise ancient laptop and it did so beautiflly. For the money a better buy than memory. Have now gotten a few more years out of the laptop since the upgrade.
on July 2, 2013
I had this drive set up in a RAID 0 with another 120GB SSD by the same manufacturer. This drive was purchased brand new while the other was purchased around the same time, refurbished, from NewEgg. 6 months later this drive crashed and my OS was lost forcing me to reimage. I would not recommend this drive. Spend a little extra and go with a Samsung SSD. You will save yourself a lot of time and heart ache in the future.
on November 22, 2013
Stay far away! I purchased this in August 2012 and it failed within 6 months. OCZ replaced it (with the same drive) and that one has failed in less than 6 months. I will once again have to go through the RMA process if OCZ will agree to replace the 2nd defective drive. I have little faith that anything from OCZ will function for more than 6 months.
on April 27, 2014
I have an old Dell laptop from 2007. Swapping in this SSD boosted my performance noticeably. Well worth the investment. And I no longer have to listed to a humming hard drive platter spin.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.