Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: C&E OEM USB OTG Connection Kit and Card Reader for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7500 P7510 Black (SANOXY_GTAB-OTG)
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports STEM

Item Package Quantity: 1|Size: For P7500 P7510|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on November 11, 2012
I purchased this item instead of: Samsung USB & SD Connection Kit for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 / 10.v / 8.9. My hope was to save $20.00 and be able to more fully utilize my Galaxy Note 10.1. Unfortunately, the product does not work. I have tried each port and none of them transmit or receive data. As a matter of fact there is no indication that the OEM USB OTG Connection Kit & Card Reader even connects with my tablet! Was I surprised by this? No. I cannot even be upset with the foreign company that distributes it. I am the American idiot looking to shave a few dollars; silly enough to put faith in a two dollar adapter! I get what I pay for. LOL I buy a $500.00 tablet and then get a cheap $2.00 adapter..? Yea, I am not real proud of this purchase. However, IF my experience helps anyone out there to make a wiser consumer choice... I will consider my purchase a successful transaction.
1515 comments| 246 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 10, 2012
Product is very flimsy when plugged into the galaxy tab. It worked well for the first day I had it, then I set it in my lap and the plug bent slightly and it stopped working after that. Seems very poorly made. Would not recommend.
44 comments| 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 9, 2012
I have really enjoyed my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. The only thing that was disappointing about my Tab was the fact that it did not have the native ability to connect a USB device or camera card. Samsumg offers a "kit" that is a little pricey and it is several individual adapters.

Solution: this all-in-one adapter. Fewer "things" to have to keep track of since the obvious purpose of any tablet is size and OTG portability. That means not hauling a pocket of adapters or picking one adapter and finding out you needed the other adapter. This adapter plugs right into the charging port of the tablet.

Complaint: the tiny switch to select between card reader and USB port. It's very tiny and slightly recessed on the side of the adapter making it a bit difficult to switch without something pointed or just the right fingernail. Not a show-stopper though.

Additional thoughts: this has nothing to do directly with this adapter, but I wish someone would make a short (8-9") dongle with the cable coming out the side of its 30-pin proprietary connector. The design of the Galaxy Tab (and iPad, sorry for cussing) is that the connection port on the tablet is at the bottom, which makes it difficult to use in a standing/leaning position (ex: while in a folding/standing case). Of course, someone would complain if the charging port was on the left or right side or on the top. The dongle would allow this or any adapter, even wall or auto charging cables, to be plugged in AND use the tablet propped on its bottom edge. Maybe someone will pick up on this.

GET THIS ADAPTER, IT WORKS GREAT!!!
88 comments| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2012
it works but if you move it at all while plugged in it disconnects device. I bought an otg cable and no issues at all holds tight.

I am returning this product.
For me it looks cool but the bad fitting connector makes it not worth any money.
on January 24, 2012
Just a word of warning. I purchased the Reader for my Samsung Tab upon receipt of the item the box it was in was not sealed, in fact it was crushed and ripped in the front, upon taking the item out of the packaging, I found that it was not sealed, and upon further inspection found scratches and FINGERPRINTS all over the card reader. This item was obviously opened and used at one point. Buying what is promoted as a "New" item and getting something with destroyed packaging, scratches and fingerprints all over it... Hmmmmm, BE CAUTIOUS HERE!!
55 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 11, 2012
As I expected. Usable and allow other auxiliary gadgets. Easy to use. But you need to use in portrait position, to avoid disconnect it
on July 11, 2012
I am a photographer and I have a samsung galaxy tab. with this I can immediately show people their pictures on a screen bigger than 2.5 inches(my camera). it does the desired function. however there is sometimes a problem in reading the cards. I will say sometimes just to get over the hurdle of trying to figure out what it could be(i'm also a techie) I will just turn off the tab and start from scratch. doesn't happen often but it is still an inconvenience.
on January 11, 2013
This product is Not compatible with Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. I paid a little more than a dollar so asking for a refund would be a waste of time.
on September 4, 2012
OEM USB OTG Connection Kit & Card Reader for SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 10.1 P7500 P7510 BLACK

It works 100% with my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, files, images, videos, through USB or card everything works perfectly.
on November 9, 2012
Only tried the full SD card, and it worked well. Able to view the picture.

This takes sometimes to deliver because it sent out from Hong Kong.

Price is cheap, quality is good. As long as you don't need it right a way, go for it.