Microsoft OEM Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, 1-Pack, DVD
- The Start menu is back and better than ever so you can expand and customize it
- Fast and responsive Technologies like InstantGo let you boot up and resume quickly;Video Game Platform:PC
- Windows 10 comes with apps that work across your devices - Photos, Maps, Music Video and more
- Windows 10 OEM is a full version of the operating system not an upgrade The OEM operating system is not supported by Microsoft To acquire Windows software with support provided by Microsoft please see our full package "Retail" product Microsoft recommends all files and programs be backed-up prior to installation
- Windows 10 OEM is intended for pre-installation on a new PC and cannot be transferred to another computer once installed Product ships in a white envelope
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Do things confidently.
Windows 10 was developed using feedback from millions of people, so you can feel confident that Windows 10 works the way you want it to. Additionally, Windows 10 helps you stay current for a worry-free experience with the greatest features and our latest protection against viruses, phishing and malware.
A web that works the way you do.
The all-new browser is great for getting things done online. Write or type directly on webpages and easily share the mark-ups; you'll also like reading online articles free of distractions. The address bar gives you personalized recommendations to get you quickly to your online destination.
Take your gaming further.
Great Xbox titles, the best of Xbox Live, and your Xbox community, achievements, and game collection via the Xbox app. You can even use your Xbox controller and stream Xbox One games on your home Windows 10 PC, laptop, or tablet. (1)
Do things across your devices.
Take your movies, music, and photos with you across all your devices with OneDrive. Plus, with OneDrive, you get 15GB of free storage space.
Do things magically.
Cortana (2) is your truly personal digital assistant who learns more about you over time. Cortana works across all your devices, from phone to tablet to PC, to help you do more and forget less.
(1) Features only available in supported games in Xbox Live supported countries. See xbox.com/live/countries. Limited number of games available in 2015 support cross-device play; additional games to follow. Stream to one device at a time; streaming with multiplayer from Xbox One requires network connection and Xbox Live Gold membership (sold separately); Gold also required for multiplayer play on Xbox One. DirectX 12 only available with supported games and graphics chips.
(2) Cortana available in select global markets at launch. Cortana experience may vary by region and device.
Windows Home 10 64 bit English 1 pack DSP DVD. Windows 10 is so familiar and easy to use, you'll feel like an expert. The Start Menu is back in an expanded form, plus we'll bring over your pinned apps and favorites so they're ready and waiting for you. It starts up and resumes fast, has more built-in security to help keep you safe, and is designed to work with software and hardware you already have. Windows 10 comes with Microsoft Edge, an all-new browser that's built to give you a better web experience. Write2 or type notes directly on webpages and share them with others, read online articles free of distraction, and save your favorite reads for later access. And with Cortana3 enabled, you get instant access to key actions-like making reservations or reading reviews-without leaving the page you're on. Easily snap up to four apps in place and see all open tasks in a single view. You can even create virtual desktops when you need more space or want to group things by project. Windows 10 enables your apps to look and work great in all modes, on all devices. On 2-in-1 devices, your screen can be optimized to work with touch or keyboard and mouse. Requirements Required processor 1GHz processor or faster, Required memory 1GB RAM for 32-bit; 2GB for 64-bit, Required hard disk space Up to 20GB available hard disk space, Required video card 800 x 600 screen resolution or higher. DirectX 9 graphics processor with WDDM driver, Required connectivity Internet access (fees may apply), Other system requirements Microsoft account required for some features. Watching DVDs requires separate playback software, Additional system requirements You must accept the enclosed License Terms, also at microsoft.com/useterms Activation required Single license 32 & 64-bits on USB 3.0 media included.
Where is my Product Key or Serial Number?
A Windows product key is a 25-character code used to activate Windows. Depending on how you got your copy of Windows 10, you'll need either a 25-character product key or a digital license to activate it. A digital license (called a digital entitlement in Windows 10, Version 1511) is a method of activation in Windows 10 that doesn't require you to enter a product key. Without one of these, you won't be able to activate your device.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 0.79 x 5.79 x 5.79 inches; 1.6 Ounces
- Item model number : KW9-00140
- Date First Available : July 8, 2015
- Manufacturer : Microsoft Software
- ASIN : B00ZSI7Y3U
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Everything was fine until I had to activate windows. The key printed on the envelope was not being accepted. I called customer service and was passed back and forth until I spoke to senior Microsoft tech support. The person I talked to, a guy who said his name was Brian Ryan, said that he was 150% certain I had purchased a pirated product. I asked him how Microsoft could permit pirated products to be sold on such a well known website. He had no explanation but said he constantly gets calls from amazon customers who received pirated micrisoft products.
I offered to email him proof I purchased the software but he said they did not have the ability to access email. How ridiculous is it that a major software company doesn't even give it's employees email accounts. I also told him I was a long term Microsoft customer with an xbox live subscription going back 7 years. He said it didn't matter and there was nothing he was willing to do. The product was pirated and that is the bottom line.
I told him I was going to write a review to inform people amazon sells pirated windows software. He indicated that was a good idea. So there you go, I guess this poor review has Microsoft's seal of approval. Whatever you do don't buy this from amazon.
It was. The key was stolen / already activated. Totally invalid and useless.
At least JW Geek responded promptly to my refund request and granted it without any hassle.
I ordered this item to use the product key on my custom built PC. When I entered the key to activate Windows, I got an error stating "product key already entered," and would not allow me to activate Windows 10. This strongly suggests this is not a genuine copy of Windows and is therefore STOLEN or SOLD TO MULTIPLE PARTIES. I understand this may seem hyperbolic, but I just want to warn other people out there building your own PC--this will not activate Windows on your newly built PC booted from a USB, and this product is essentially defective. Very disappointing.
Just installed this today on a pc I built for my son. After typing in the COA to activate Windows, it said my copy was not valid. Went to Microsoft tech support page and discovered my copy is possibly counterfeit. I will be filing a complaint with Amazon. Buyer beware.
Next I proceeded to buy the Windows 10 Home version from the Microsoft website. Microsoft provided me with an ISO image of Win 10 to download as I am running Linux and my system can not use the MS USB creation install too. Microsoft also e-mailed me a COA license. This MS COA license provided through e-mail, worked the first time without a hitch.
The benefit I think of buying a Windows OS direct from MS is that they likely validate the license key first before they send it to you. This way you can be sure the license has not been acquired by someone else already.
I am an enthusiastic Amazon customer, check my other reviews and feedback. When buying Windows 10 though, the best way, and the only way that worked for me, is through the Microsoft website.
Top reviews from other countries
So you’re building your first PC and you are nervous about buying a cheap Windows 10 license somewhere online and downloading it to a disc or USB stick. So you go check on Amazon and Windows 10 Home costs you $125!?!? But what’s this? Windows 10 Home System Builder? For only $65? Seems like a great option. But I know what you are all thinking, if it’s cheaper how is it the same as the regular Windows 10? Surely it’s not the same?
Well to start off, yes, it is the same as the $125 Windows 10 license you buy. The difference being that Windows 10 System Builder is precisely what it’s called; it’s for first time builds that have no operating system installed to it. Which is very common in today’s market where many people are building their own gaming or work rigs. So where as the Windows 10 license can be installed to a system that just need’s an upgrade to Windows 10, with System Builder that cannot be done. It is for fresh builds only, and is the same version of Windows that computer manufacturers use to install to prebuilt laptops, desktops etc. Also the System Builder license will be locked to your motherboard meaning it cannot be transferred from one system to another. Unless you contact Microsoft and they make an exception for you. It also is not eligible for free upgrades to the latest versions of Windows, you still get Windows 10 updates though.
So for people building their own PC this option is the better choice. You just will need to have a CD reader handy as this is sold by disc only. Install is very easy, and if you are having trouble head to YouTube, there are many easy and helpful tutorial videos available on there.
I decided to base this review on the System Builder install instead of the overall Windows 10 Home experience, which for the most part I really like anyways. But for a cheaper option for getting Windows 10 Home I highly recommend this product.
I had no issues installing and activating the product. For the record, I am a real person with no connection to the company who lives and works in the north west of the uk. I would buy this product again.
Es importante que sepas que al adquirir este producto estas comprando una LICENCIA de Windows 10 del tipo OEM. Esto significa que es un producto 100% original, que tendrás todo el beneficio de el servicio y respaldo de Windows en una PC pero este tipo de licencias se utilizan para 1 solo equipo. Al registrar la clave de una licencia OEM en un equipo nuevo, ya no podrás re-utilizar la misma clave en otro equipo. (Si cambia la placa madre en el mismo equipo, tendrás que usar una clave distinta).
Las ventajas de utilizar una licencia OEM son:
1. Precio notablemente más bajo.
2. Certificacion de Windows Original. (Respaldo, actualizaciones, soporte y garantía incluida).
3. No hay gastos de envío (Usualmenente te envían por correo electónico la clave de Windows y la "Estampita con la clave" llega después)
4. Activacion del equipo inmediata (Puedes instalar Windows y activarlo en cuanto recibas la clave OEM).
Las únicas desventajas que encuentro son:
1. Una vez que se asocia la clave con el equipo, ya no podrás utilizarla en otro. Si vendes el equipo, se va con todo y su Windows asociado.
2. La clave se asocia a la placa madre. Si eres un estusiasta que reemplaza constantemente las partes de la PC, tendrás que comprar otra licencia si llegas a reemplazar la placa madre (Unicamente placa madre, puedes reemplazar cualquier otra parte).
3. No tienes una cajita de carton con los bonitos manuales y la documentación (Que en lo personal a mi me agrada mas tener guardada unicamente mi clave per a a muchas personas les gusta guardar ese tipo de cosas).