Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by The Lone Bellow PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 43 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 51 reviews
on August 14, 2014
Two problems with the assembly of this otherwise comfortable chair and two problems with its design. First, attaching the armrests is impossible if you follow the instructions since the seat cannot be moved to allow for the alignment of the screw holes in the armrests with the screw holes in the seat of the chair. I had to remove the two front screws attaching the swivel mechanism to the seat of the chair in order to wrestle the screw holes into alignment. Once I completed that maneuver, I then tried to reattach the seat mechanism only to discover that the screws were now too short. So I swapped them with two slightly longer screws that attached the back of the chair to the seat of the chair and that worked. So the second problem is that the geniuses who designed this chair should have supplied screws that were all the same length, 1.5", not 1.25"! C'mon, a lousy quarter of an inch?

The base is very poorly designed, as another reviewer mentioned, since its legs extend too far beyond the castors. I've already bumped into them painfully a few times, but haven't cut myself yet. There is no reason for this design, either functional or esthetic.

The armrests are insufficiently upholstered, very thin padding, very uncomfortable.

Update: The instructions say to tighten screws six months after assembly, but about half of mine were loose after one month of use.
Update: To avoid injury, I have attached rubber pads to the ends of the legs with duct tape--no more bruised heels!
Update: Chair squeaks no matter how much silicone lubricant I spray on the swivel mechanism.
Update: As others have noted, the padding at the front of the seat is uncomfortable because it is too thick. After using this chair for a few years, the padding has compacted and is not so uncomfortable.
Update: The cheap leatherette has now worn away on the seat.

Conclusion: A large chair that is comfortable after wear, but a very poorly designed one.
on January 9, 2016
OK, this $494 dollar chair is a complete rip off and here is why that is true. (Takes DEEP breath) So they give you a weight rating for this chair and pretty much all the other chairs like it but dont be fooled like me into thinking that the higher the weight rating the tougher and longer lasting the chair will be. That is most certainly NOT true and I know this by experience with this chair and 6 others that were very similar to this one. They ALL have the same flaw in them and I'm guessing that they made this flaw intentionally so the chair would break and you would be forced into buying another. Now, I'm not saying this is a fact but rather my own personal opinion. And you ask, how did you come up with this sort of an accusation? Simple! All the chairs crack out and fail in the same exact spot. Its the bracket that the underside of the chair is mounted to with several bolts. This bracket allows the chair to tilt back and controls the height adjustment and the tension nob for tilting back fast or slowly. I have provided you with a link to a good video that shows you how to put this chair together. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYXBf5UQQEY
In this video you can actually see the parts for the chair and it gives a nice shot of the faulty mounting bracket. Start the video and within about 17 sec. into the video when it gives you a nice close view of all the parts to the chair pause the video and you can take a nice look at the parts. Now, its the piece thats painted black and at the top right hand corner of the table next to the screw driver. You can easily see that the bracket is made with thin gauge metal wile the other metal parts are actually way OVER built. The arm rests are made with roughly 1 inch thick metal which would easily hold all your weight alone for the rest of your life. The legs and wheels I feel were made well along with most of the chair. Its very comfortable and has been that way for a wile now when other chairs in its class would be flat and hard and I would be forced to use a pillow on it. So legs and seat design was made very good except for the over built arm rests but that really dose not matter other then just being an necessary waste and most likely adding to the cost. Bottom line here is the faulty mounting bracket that WILL crack out and fail on you making the rest of the decently made chair worthless. So far the bracket for mine has been good but that is only because I'm a welder/fabricator and I welded a 1/4 inch plate on the top of the cheesey thin bracket to make it beefy(strong). One other thing that I would like to say is that those over built arms are actually mounted into the wooden back piece so the arms on my chair are starting to get loose. And the sad thing is that I hardly use them. And yes I have made sure that the bolts are tight and not the cause.
Well, sorry for writing a book on this but I wanted to inform people that might read this what they can actually expect from this product so that you can make a much better decision on buying this chair or not. You know what they say "A chain is as strong as its weakest link" and this $494 dollar chain is a rip off for sure.
on June 2, 2017
Sturdily construct chair, assembly reasonably straightforward (there are support bars on the arms that are not mentioned until after the arms are installed, had to take arms off and put bars in, but was not difficult). Took about an hour to put together by myself, all screws fit. Chair is comfortable to me, fits fine under desk. Appears to have a real warranty, unlike some that simply license their name to Chinese manufacturers that seem to have mostly unenforceable, if any warranty. Hopefully chair holds up over time.
on August 2, 2017
I always hate it when people write "reviews" that aren't actually about the product, but I feel like I have to in this instance. I ordered this chair because I got one at work and loved it, so I found it on Amazon for a pretty good price and ordered one for myself. I was really looking forward to receiving it. Then it arrived and the Gas Lift was not in the box with the rest of the chair. So the chair is completely useless. Hundreds of dollars, and I can't even assemble the damn thing.

When I tried to file a complaint with Amazon, they said to contact the manufacturer about missing parts. So I called OFM, but got transferred to an answering machine, if you can imagine that. So I tried sending them an email explaining the situation. So far, I haven't heard back from anyone.

I'll GLADLY change this rating to five stars IF I receive my missing part. I KNOW I'll like this chair, because I already do. In the mean time, I'm beyond frustrated and will be continuing to hound people until I get this situation resolved.
on April 9, 2017
Just okay. Not that comfortable at all. I am buying seat cushions for more padding. You would think for this price the seat would be
more comfortable. I am also buy new wheels because they ones that came with it have a sharp edge and they scrap your heel if you
use your feet to move around. By the time I am done, I will have remodeled the entire share. I give it a couple stars for roominess but nothing else.
on July 11, 2017
I saw that many reviewers of this chair are on the tall side of "big-and-tall". At first, being 5'4" tall myself, I worried that the chair would be too high for me; however, the chair adjusted to a comfortable height.

Chair assembly was straightforward -- it went smoothly with two people working together, and there were no missing or malformed parts/fasteners. Apart from the chair base's vendetta against my ankles, I'm pleased so far!
on June 27, 2013
I just received this chair, today. With a little help from the wife (holding the back and seat together), it took about 30 minutes to assemble. The instructions are obvious and should be easy to follow for anyone attempting to assemble this chair. During the assembly process, i noticed how heavy all the parts were. They really do feel like they're solidly manufactured, and designed with heavy people in mind.

As for comfort, i can't write too much just yet, since i only received it about an hour ago. However, i will say that the size of this chair is fantastic. The space between the arm rests, the width of the back, the lumbar support - everything is truly BIG. Both the seat and the back feel like they're a lot more cushioned than most chairs i have ever sat in, and i have owned and sat in many (cheap, as well as really expensive) office chairs. Being a tall, big guy - this chair is definitely made for me.

I'll give it a while, and come back to this "first impressions" review, to post a status update on this chair. In most cases, office chairs start wobbling after a few weeks, so let's hope that doesn't happen with this one.

So far, so good.
on May 1, 2017
I've had this chair for quite awhile, now, and still really like it. I'm 6'4" 270 lbs. and I'm very hard on all chairs. I've tried regular size chairs and they just didn't hold up. This chair is sturdy and very comfortable. I recommend.
on March 7, 2016
I bought this chair in 2013 when I weighed 450lbs. I was not excited about the price, but i was going through $100 chairs like every 6 months so I had to try something new and rated for my extra heavy weight.

Well fast forward to 3 years and I will tell you it was the best money I have ever spent on office furniture. Not only is the chair ultra comfortable and well made, it is still like new 3 years later. For the entire 3 years I have used it everyday, sometimes up to 16 hours a day. I couldn't be happier!
on July 22, 2017
First off let me start by saying that this chair is built like a tank. It feels sturdy and solid, Only mechanical complaint I have is that it doesn't tilt back very far. at 6' 1" and 400 pounds this chair does the job. May want to wear ankle guards when not wearing shoes due to sharp edges of the aluminum cast base. When the box arrived it looked as though it had been dragged behind the UPS truck all the way to my house... Was suprised to see all parts in order and luckily no damage done to the chair itself as I've read from some others had. Overall great chair will update after using for a while.