Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: OGIO Politan Pack (Black)
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM

74%
26%

on May 12, 2007
I found the back very well constructed and thought out. I am able to carry my 15in dell laptop with me without any problems. It will hold a 17 in laptop also. It has plent of extra pockets to carry acessories or other small items. It has sufficient room for notebooks and a couple of books also. I my only issue is I wish the it has pinch more room to carry more books or folders. Don't get me wrong it carries more than most other similar notebook backpacks but I currently have aneed to carry around 2 very thick books and a few smaller books. I just have to carry one in hand on those time sI need both just because i personally feel if I stuffed in the backpack it would apply too much pressure on the notebook and potientially cause harm to it. Other than that it is an EXCELLENT backpack and does not give the outwards appearance of a carrying a laptop so does not draw attention.

A+ for laptop backpack

A+ for extra storage room and well thought out design

A- for (personal preference) not giving just pinch more room for books

WOuld buy again if I had to. Last note is that it sits well on your back and does not shift weight while back when riding a bicycle or walking.

Thanks
on September 7, 2007
This backpack pretty much rocks. It looks good even when crammed with my college textbooks and my laptop. My only complaint would be that the laptop compartment doesn't feel quite padded enough for my 15" Macbook pro. A simple laptop sleeve would ensure ample protection though.
on September 1, 2007
I ordered this bag instead of the Metroid because it wasn't as deep. I'm short and although I can certainly carry the weight of a fully loaded Metroid bag, it makes be hunch over to balance. I think the Politan is built wonderfully and it fits my 14in laptop with expanded 12-cell battery with room to spare; I usually put my geology book in with it. I do think it is a little smaller than I had intended, but it works well for me. It is also distinctive enough that when the professors ask us to place our bags at the front of a (full) three hundred person auditorium, I can spot it easily and no one can steal it.
on April 19, 2012
The seller shipped the Ogio Politan book bag (black) I ordered reasonably quick and it works just as advertised. I would buy from this seller again. The bag itself is great, I only wish that it was slightly bigger but its a good bag with a lot of pockets and sections, including a separate section for your comp. I like it.
on January 29, 2008
At $37 & some change with FREE shipping this is the best deal I have ever gotten on any OGIO product. In typical OGIO fashion this backpack is bulletproof & functional. You simply cannot find a better constructed product from snowboard bags to travel cases everything they make is practically indestructible & backed with a 30 year warranty. Yea I know I sound like a commercial for them, but I'm really just a regular guy that stumbled on their products a year or so ago & have never looked at anything else since. I got tired of having my backpacks start ripping seams out after half a season of plane travel & with the OGIO stuff I've had no issues at all. This is a med-size travel pack good for hauling books around campus or overstuffing with clothes for a weekend get-away. It is very well designed ergonomically, extremely comfortable to wear and has just enough pockets & storage areas to organize your stuff without being confusing or cumbersome.
on August 9, 2011
this bag is well built and thick in all the right places. i carry anywhere from three to five books, supplies and personal equipment in this bag at all times. i've gotten through one semester back in college with it so far and have been more than pleased with it's performance. it's spacious and it's been great for overnight travel as well. it provides a hole in the top of the bag so you can insert your ipod/mp3 player in a pouch and run a headset through it. it has a nice padded compartment for your laptops protection as well. the bag also has cargo netting on both sides which i've found convenient for carrying water bottles and things of that sort. the most important part to me was the straps. the straps are thick and well manufactured to endure great weights over long periods of time. i see this bag lasting me through my remaining college years and into the future for camping trips or fishing trips. it will be a fairly convenient traveling case for electronic devices/reading materials/toiletries etc... LOVE IT
on April 14, 2010
Needed a new bag for a new job. Had to hold a laptop and have plenty of other compartments to properly be my 'man purse'. :-) The Politan fits the bill. Good quality. Good design. Good functionality. I've had Ogio in the past and this one lives up to my previous experience. It is able to hold everything I need for my daily job.
My only complaint would be to of added a little more cushion on the should straps. When it is fully loaded and I carry it for long periods of time, I long for a little more cushion in the straps along the shoulder area.
I would buy this bag again in a heart beat if something were to happen to the one I have.
Later
on June 25, 2008
Finally a backpack that my 16 yr old son did not destroy within a month. In fact, he has had this backpack for most of the school year and will be using it again next year. I can't get over the weight that this thing can hold without ripping or falling apart. It comes home stuffed with books every night. This backpack has saved me money since I have not had to make 3 trips to Walmart for new ones like I did last year. I also own an Ogio golf bag which is top quality as well.
on June 19, 2011
It's not as big as I thought, it supports only a medium volume of load, but it's very beautiful and it has a perfect organization panel and many accessory pockets. It's very good for woman, cause it doesn't fit so big on me.
on December 7, 2010
The bag pack is really very spacious.Lotsa space to pack your stuff.The only improvement could be done on the padding.That is a bit thin if you are looking for fat cushions.Overall an excellent value for money