Oil month Automotive HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on August 5, 2010
I bought this to replace my Olympus FE-310, which was also a great camera. It served me through the sand, dust and rain of Iraq for almost 2 years, and then another year of outdoor expedition after that. It finally bit the bullet kayaking, when I capsized, BUT it didn't fry the memory card, so the pictures weren't lost. This camera is the newer model, virtually identical, same maker, same design, same layout, just 4 megapixels finer, and great optical zoom. It takes AAs, which I like, because I can bring extra and not worry about my one rechargeable camera battery dying mid-day. The auto-focus, unlike another reviewer said, works fine, if you know how to use a camera. And, for taking time between photos, almost always relates to how much battery power you have left. Because this takes AAs, if you use crappy alkaline AAs, performance time isn't great. Duracell and energizer work great in it, and their lithium batteries work awesome. But again, that is battery choice, not the cameras fault if you put cheap batteries in it. All in all, this takes very clear pictures, has a decent 5x optical zoom, compact, large display screen, easy function, and very durable.
on June 17, 2017
Got it. Purchased lithium batteries for it, pushed the on off button .....and nothing. It just doesn't work. Big waste of money especially since it is a not returnable item. You get what you pay for.
on January 5, 2015
Very Good!
on August 9, 2014
Camera eating the battery
on May 21, 2013
Can not beat it for the price. Plus it runs on AAA batteries.
Amazon requires more words in this review.
on March 15, 2015
has a poblem since i got it, tried several cards now in it but will not transfer any images onto the card
on February 24, 2014
seems good quality only annoying thing is that the xD cards are expensive beware and know what they are i suggest the micro adapter much cheaper solution otherwise not bad for $23(mine was pink but the price out does the color)
on March 23, 2011
I bought this camera few months ago and I'm disappointed because of the very low quality of pictures (I take better picture with my cell phone which is not a very good one...). Plus, it takes a lot of energy and after a couple of pictures you already have to changes the batteries.
Now I use it for my project car when I have my hands full of grease!
Was cheap but would not recommend it though.
on October 21, 2010
Im sure the Camera is great. But not when you purchase it from Discount Jungle. It came broken and then they couldnt get me a new one in time for my vacation. Save your money!!!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 19, 2010
There have been some poor reviews on this camera, and reviewers who have judged it harshly. My experience with this has been good. I have some photo examples to share and will update as time allows. Please cut and paste the links below to see these examples:

***EDITED***
Evidently, photo links are not allowed in these reviews. I have provided a few photo samples in the Product Information section, though they are small. What I had wanted, was to show some large, real-life examples.
************

I did not buy this as a primary shooting tool, but rather a back-up ... something I keep in the glove box for quick shoot emergencies.

It's 12MP capability is more than what is "normal" for it's price point. What really sets it apart though, is the 5X zoom, something uncommon in cameras of this ilk. It's also unusual to find an inexpensive point-and-shoot with wide angle, a VERY nice bonus.

The proprietory xD Card is something of a bother to some, and although the xD card writes FAST, it (generally) costs more than an SDHC card and it not quite as universally available. Olympus addresses this by thoughtfully including a Micro SD adapter in the box - into which you can insert a (universally available) micro SD card, and use it as though it were an xD card!

Many people harp about lack of long-time battery life (in this and other cameras). Part of that is the simple fact of owning a Digital Camera. Face it folks, Digital Cameras eat up a lot of battery power.

Those who have found insufficient battery life on this, can help that by optimizing the BATTERY TYPE in the camera itself. Go into the Setup Menu and Select Battery Type, either NiCad or Nimh Rechargeable. I wonder how many owners who have suffered (and complained about) short battery life actually knew about this.

No, this camera is not the greatest in the world, but it does not pretend to be. For what it is, the results are (in my view) stellar. My Five-Star rating here is based on the Value ... how much you get, for how much you pay. The optics are sharp, the focal range long (and wide) and the cost is thin.

There have also been some good, thoughtful reviews here, by people who have actually used it and found good results. I can't add much to what they've stated but will say the proof is in the pudding, and I believe the sample results I've provided here attest to that.
review imagereview imagereview image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question