Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 16, 2008
Great disc but was disappointed with the PAL copy. Andy McCluskey (lead singer) posted on the website that the german company that produced the disc made a big mistake. You can get an NTSC copy by letting Eagle Rock Entertainment know of the problem. The chief of us distribution is Randy Mahon [...].
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on June 16, 2010
Architecture & Morality was and still is one of my favorite albums ever produced. It is art simple and pure. Along with Kraftwerk, OMD introduced me to the "industrial" side of electronic music my last couple of years in high school. It was their fusion of nuromantic themes and pop lyrics set against an industrial backdrop that became infectious to my ears. This live performance captured on DVD is a perfect return to everything that is OMD! If you are the ultimate OMD fan, you will love the extra interviews on the DVD of everyone in the OMD camp explaining how this long awaited show came about...how a band with so many hit singles would remain in the shadow of all popular 80's bands...and how Architecture & Morality is considered the most important album of their career. In the later years, OMD's style would move from the edge of industrial, to "perfect pop songs" for mainstream radio and John Hughs movie soundtracks. My adoration for Orchestral Manoeuvres was just a memory...until I viewed this DVD! This performance is a return to the complete manoeuvres in the dark that I remember.
4 helpful votes
on January 11, 2009
Whatever technical problems other reviewers were experiencing seem to have been resolved. I purchased this in January 2009 and it works fine (it's clearly NTSC, not PAL now).

The DVD itself is excellent. The sound quality, especially the DTS, is outstanding and the camerawork and editing are top notch. While this concert was recorded fairly recently, it wasn't some lame reunion show. The first half of the DVD is the Architecture and Morality album performed in its entirety. While not a huge commercial success, A & M is a brilliant album and this performance of it is top notch.

The second half of the show is various other OMD hits spanning various stages of their career, again performed very well. Andy McCluskey is somewhat of an awkward front man but still has a great voice and the rest of the band do an amazing job bringing these OMD classics to life (though clearly there is some pre-recorded/sampled instrumentation).

I highly recommend this DVD to anyone who has interest in OMD.
9 helpful votes
10 helpful votes
on September 3, 2011
I've been an OMD fan since their first album (not CD!). I bought this and the re-issued Architecture and Morality CD that has the bonus DVD recorded in 1981. Both are great and you should buy them both. The most striking comparison is the crowd. The 1981 crowd is all young people. The crowd in this video is probably the same people only 26 years older. Still, two great videos! Oh, by the way, the DVD with the re-issued Architecture and Morality CD is clearly marked that it's in PAL format. I figured if anything it would play on my computer. I popped it into my blu-ray player and it played just fine!
on September 12, 2010
How good it was to see and hear OMD again. Even with the so called unorthodox way their albums were recorded and the way the band came together they were a great live performing band even at outdoor concerts such as the EX's Bandshell. This only gives testimony that this is a group of talented musicians. An excellent concert. It makes you wonder though if they will still be able to create newer iteresting material.
1 helpful vote
on July 17, 2014
Loved it !!! Awesome sound great selection of songs and if you closed your eyes you would think it was the greatest hits cd.
Get it, you won't be disappointed
1 helpful vote
0Comment|Report abuse
I was lucky enough to preview a couple of songs from this upcoming DVD, and all I can say is "WOW"! I can't wait for the DVD to see the rest of them. OMD has never sounded better. I never thought I'd see the day Paul and Andy would be back on stage together again. Hopefully a 2008 U.S. tour will follow. It was sad seeing OMD back in the early 90's without Paul. If you're an OMD fan, get this DVD as soon as it comes out.

Edit 6/9/08: I contacted Eagle Rock Entertainment, and they are aware of the problem with mislabeled DVDs. The current DVDs are in fact PAL, and they they say they are correcting the problem. If you current DVD player can't play PAL disks, I would wait until the problem is fixed before ordering.
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
on June 6, 2008
I'm a big OMD fan. I was excited when this was finally released in the U.S. Come to find out however it did not play in my Sony DVD player. It plays on my computer however. After closer inspection with my software on my computer I discovered that the contents on the DVD are in PAL format (which does not play on U.S. players) not NTSC format like the box and DVD says. Beware. It's a great DVD just not compatible with U.S. players.

***Review Update*** After a few e-mails back and forth to Eagle Rock they sent me a brand new copy of the OMD live DVD and it now plays perfect in my DVD player. For my troubles they also sent me another DVD of my choice from their catolog free of charge.
17 helpful votes
18 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on April 20, 2009
I love OMD, and this DVD did not disapoint. It's great to hear them perform all the songs from "Architecture and Morality" after all those years, but the party really starts, once they start the second half of the set, including most of their big hit singles. The band sounds great, and the picture quality, and video editing of the performance are excellent.
on June 11, 2008
Wow! These guys are absolutely stunning live! I did not expect this concert to be of this quality. Who knew that these guys could play so well so many years after not playing together? The band last played together in 1988. This concert was filmed May 19, 2007 at Hammersmith Apollo, London. Almost 20 years after last performing together the band has never sounded better! Nearly every performance is flawless. The production and stage presentation is spectacular!

The sound quality is so amazing! It is INCREDIBLE! I cannot believe the sound that has been lifted from the performance! The stereo mix is very well balanced, capturing the elements in a 2-channel format. However, the *real* treat is the DTS Surround Sound mix. Woah!!! The drums are crisp, punchy, and clean. The vocals of Andy and Paul soar. The instruments come through loud and clear with clean separation. Andy's lead vocals do come through the center channel! The bass roars through the speakers and vibrates the surroundings. The music has never sounded so wide and full. I cannot recommend this enough for the surround sound mix! The music is powerful and alive!

Perhaps the reason that this music sounds so incredible is due to the age of the original recordings. The original single and album recordings were previously only available in stereo format, not giving one the possibility of hearing the music in multiple channels. The music produced in this concert uses modern technology, giving more warmth to the recordings. The songs shine in a new light with their updated, modern productions and multi-channel audio option.

As bonus features, the DVD includes alternate edits of "Maid Of Orleans" and "The New Stone Age". Additionally, recent interviews with the band and Hambi Haralambous, the screen backdrop designer, are included. Both interviews are informative and well worth watching.

Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark [OMD].
Live.
Architecture & Morality & More.
Recorded Live: Saturday, 19th May 2007 - Hammersmith Apollo, London.
Running Time: 136 minutes approx.
DVD 9 - Dual Layer.
16 : 9 Screen Format.
Audio: Dolby Digital Stereo, Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS Surround Sound.
Region 0. NTSC/PAL formats.
© 2008 Eagle Vision/Eagle Rock Entertainment.
UPC: 8 01213 02429.

My copy is an import. Although this release is available in the U.S. I do not believe that Eagle Vision pressed the DVD in the U.S. but instead imported from Europe.

Very highly recommended! 5/5.
4 helpful votes