Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 26, 2013
I ordered this case with a lot of concerns. I wanted something light to make one handed reading comfortable. I wanted it to be thing so that it wouldn't bulk up my device in my hand/pocket. I also wanted something that would protect the screen if my paperwhite was stored in a pocket or a bag.

I probably changed the cases in my cart twenty times before taking a deep breath and submitting my order for this case. I kept wondering if a sleeve would be better to keep the device light for one handed reading and worried that the case would bulk it up and make it no better to hold than my android tablet (uncomfortable to grip and too heavy for reading).

All of that aside, this case exceeds all of my greatest hopes for a case. It fit PERFECTLY on my paperwhite and once I snapped it in it wasn't going anywhere. The case is incredibly light and honestly I can't tell much difference between the weight of the kindle with and without the case. This case also happens to be extremely thin. To grip it is an easy grip and thus far (2 days in) has no scratches or finger print issues whatsoever. I believe this case is the best deal out there, I shopped around a lot and this one was a tremendous bargain. Forty bucks for the official kindle case made by amazon is crazy! This case has the magnet for auto shutoff when closed just like the amazon one for a fraction the price.

I have had no issues with this scratching my kindle as another reviewer noted and the delivery by Dealbarn was quick and nicely packaged. They were friendly and sent a thank you email offering to assist with any issues and I have none thus far.

Pros:
-Very light, harldy noticeable
-doesn't look cheap at all, but a very good deal
-nice and thin
-simple and elegant design
-auto off when closed works great

Cons:
-nothing so far

In closeing this case is worth every dollar and you will be suprised by the qualtiy you get for such a good deal.

Edit: a year in and I have been thrilled with this case. I bought it for a Christmas present and have recommended it to many friend who have been pleased with it as well. And it saved my precious paperwhite's life! I have dropped it on concrete twice and the case protected it from breaking, I know this case is NOT designed for this sort of impact, but it protected it nonetheless.
506 helpful votes
507 helpful votes
33 comments|Report abuse
on January 12, 2017
Fits my paperwhite nicely and isn't bulky. Provides a good amount of protection.
I put my ID information on the back of the Paperwhite before inserting it into the case cover, and also on the back of the case cover. This way if it's lost, there's two forms of ID. I'm very pleased with the case.

Update November 2017. It's been 10 months since I got the cover and it's still in excellent shape. I use it and my Kindle daily and I'm still very pleased with my purchase.
The Kindle in the case fits into my jeans pocket so it's easy to carry. (If you do this just make sure you remove it before sitting down!)
on October 28, 2017
I looked around locally for a case/cover for my Paperwhite and could not find anything suitable. Plus, what I did see as covers for devices were priced to high. Fortunately, I turned to Amazon and found this case, and it could not have worked out better. This is a terrific little case with a hard back, the auto-on feature when you open it, and the ability to stay put when the cover is folded back. I think that there should be no problem with longevity, so long as it is treated well. This case is just what I was looking for, and I can absolutely recommend it.
on July 16, 2017
This may be a bit early to voice an opinion. Upon opening the box and inserting my Kindle in the case, I was disappointed. I had expected something closer to my case for my old Kindle Paperwhite Ver 1. (I liked that case.) The new case was smaller and there were no elastic bands in the corners to hold the Kindle inside the case. But after a few days of using it, I appreciate the smaller size and, despite the lack of elastic bands, the Kindle seems to be being held securely. I just hope that this stays true for the next several years. So far, I am very pleased.
on January 18, 2017
I have been using this cover for a week now and it seems to be very well made. It perfectly fits my Paperwhite and the cover does "activate" the screen when it opens so all I have to do is swipe to unlock (some other cases that claim to do this don't or it is not reliable). I would prefer if the front cover had the ability to securely latch to the back while reading my Kindle but it doesn't (I don't knock the product for this as it never stated it did, I just think it would be a nice feature for future models). I wasn't looking to spend $$$ on a fancy case, I simply needed one to protect the screen and look nice. For the price I am 100% happy with this purchase.
on November 13, 2017
It opens fairly easily, however, I would like it to have some kind of imprint or directional operative so I know which is the front at a quick glance. I have to look at the side or top or bottom edge to determine opening direction. I also wanted it to be able to stand on a separate stand, which is why I did not get a different thicker one that had grooves in the cover to make it stand. However, I was still very limited in finding a stand that would hold the Kindle with the cover on. That said, it is working out very well.
on August 30, 2017
This case is absolutely beautiful! I've only had it for a few days, but love it already. I've had a Kindle for years, but have always had black cases. I decided to step out of my box and get a bright red cover. The color is exactly as shown and the case has a little firmer finish than my last two cases, but it's very easy to hold. It's extremely light and the fit is perfect. I read by my pool everyday, so I I love the way it feels. I'm not afraid it's going to slip out of my hands. Gets a 5 from me!
on July 9, 2016
UPDATE: I was immediately contacted by customer service after posting my original review, and they are sending a replacement! I guess I would just say to check for this issue before throwing away the box, but OMOTON will make it right. And like I mentioned, I am very happy with the other cover from them.

Let me start out by saying this is my second omoton paperwhite case. I got a blue one for my husband last year, and I loved it more than the case I had on my kindle paperwhite. So I bought the omoton case in this tree pattern for myself when my old cover broke.

The problem (that seems possibly specific to this tree design) is that when the cover is wrapped around the back while reading, it puts the kindle back to sleep. It's unusable for me. I tried to start a return, but I had already gotten rid of the packaging.

I'm now debating spending money on another omoton design since I like my husband's blue case, or picking another brand altogether.
11 comment|Report abuse
on February 11, 2016
This is the best tablet case that I have used. It's thin and doesn't add much bulk to the Kindle Paperwhite but still protects the device well. The lid has a magnetic closer that turns off the Kindle when you close it and turns on the Kindle when you open it - this really is a must-have feature once you experience the convenience of it. It is easy to snap the Kindle into the case cover and easy to remove the Kindle from the case on the rare occasion that you would ever need to remove it. I've owned this Omoton case for over a year now and it's held up well. I like this Omoton case cover for the Kindle Paperwhite so much that I bought another two - one for my son and one for my mother. Well done Omoton.
3 helpful votes
on August 25, 2017
My first foray into e-readers has been an eye-opener. The only thing I'm absolutely sure of is this: every electronic gizmo needs protection from scratches, dents and dings. My OMOTON Paperwhite cover - at a third of the cost of the "official" Paperwhite cover - is exactly what I need. It fits perfectly, covers all the drop points and with a magnetic latch, puts the reader to sleep and wakes it up without my having to remember to push any buttons. Outstanding cover!