- Gamma, Beta and X-rays radiation detector, geiger counter (SBM-20-1 Geiger-Muller)
- 10 sec. measurement cycle. Quickest Geiger counter out there!
- USB to PC: Data Recording / Charting Software (download)
- Very sensitive geiger counter. Detection range: 0.05~999.0 mcSv/hr
- Easy to operate. Very accurate. Newest geiger counter from Radex
RADEX ONE Personal RAD Safety, High Sensitivity Compact Personal Dosimeter, Geiger Counter, Radiation detector w/ Software (U.S. version)
|Sale:||$124.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$25.00 (17%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
Specifications for this item
|Number of Items||1|
|Included Components||Battery, USB cord, Manual, Belt clip|
|Item Weight||1.3 ounces|
|Measurement Accuracy||0.05~999.0 mcSv/hr|
|Special Features||Portable , Light|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
RADEX ONE compact, personal Radiation Detector for everyday life.
Radiation dosimeter is designed to measure ambient ionized radiation, as well as radioactivity of materials and products, and the accumulated radiation dose received.
Exceptionally calibrated, scientifically-tuned engineering equipment for common use.
The newest model from the RADEX brand - since 1992.
RADEX RD ONE Geiger Counter / Radiation detector / Personal dosimeter + software
Personal and compact
- 3.8 x 1 x 2.7 inches
- 1.2 oz
- 0.05~999.0 uSv/hr
- up to 3000 hrs on AAA
- Belt clip + USB cord
- PC software for analysis
- Easy to operate
- Newest geiger by RADEX
Very fast: immediate result in 10 sec, best in 30 s.
Unique: Accumulated (not just immediate) dose.
PC connection via USB cord (provided)
Extremely sensitive: full-size GM tube inside!
Pre-calibrated and certified.
No additional calibration required for almost a decade (under normal conditions).
Manufacturer direct and factory-fresh.
1 year warranty replacements.
RADEX ONE - geiger counter and radiation dosimeter (radioactivity indicator) is designed to measure ambient ionized radiation types Beta, Gamma and X-ray, radioactivity of materials and products, as well as the accumulated radiation dose received.
- Beta, Gamma and X-ray detection
- Very fast: immediate result in 10 seconds, best result in 30 secs.
- Compact and portable design
- Same sensitivity and accuracy as a full-size geiger counter
- UNIQUE: Accumulated (not just immediate) dose
- PC connection via USB cord (provided).
- Software download from www.quartarad.com / Support
Seller Warranty Description1 year manufacturer's warranty.
Top customer reviews
At first I was puzzled by the design: tiny screen, obscure buttons and not immediately clear how to use it.
The unit, however, comes with an illustrated manual so just by holding one button for 3 seconds, the geiger activated and started taking readings.
Thankfully, no pre-calibration or any kind of set-up was required. The little "n" letter appears on the screen after 10 seconds, meaning that the readings have stabilized and are accurate.
I tested the unit alongside with several other much more expensive units I own (Rad Alert, RD1008 and Mazur models) on uranium ore and the results were accurate on 0.30 (normal) and up to 4.30 uSv/h (readings from the ore).
- surprisingly accurate
- small, slick, portable pocket-size
- large sensor for its size
- one of the least expensive units I have seen
- measure in micro-sieverts - International SI standard units
- comes with a handy strap
- initially takes some getting used to. Especially the buttons
- tiny, unconventional screen
- because it is small, I actually lost it in my backpack twice.
- No PC software support that I could find
Conclusion: inexpensive, yet slick with accuracy on par with the other geigers I have compared it to.
Fine unit indeed.
In any case, not trusting their equipment, I purchased this (at my own expense) if for nothing more than a "second opinion."
After wearing it for several days, I got an alarm. I contacted management, they said there's nothing. They got another gieger (more sensitive) and guess what? Stray radiation source. Duh...My dosimeter detected it but theirs did not. Which do I have confidence in now?
Yes, I recommend this device. I further recommend getting their software as there's been several updates since I got this. The SW is nice, but I'd wish it would export the data to a CSV file (suggestion).
As for the supplier, item was shipped in a timely manner and is everything advertised.
In summary, if you think you need a dosimeter, you probably do, and I recommend this one.
[August 2016] What's below is about previous-generation RADEX ONE sold before October 2016.
Some failures in instrument body during use.
The list of broken parts after 4 months of light use. Original battery is still fresh.
1. Push buttons. The buttons plastic cracked and detached. Can't fix.
Instrument functions but looks bad.
2. Mother board detached because of faulty plastic welding at factory.
Buttons shifted inside along with the mother board and wouldn't press. I fixed this one using a soldering iron & disassembly.
BTW - the unit is glued instead of using screws - feels cheap & like design from the 80s.
3. Front window is held with a sticky tape kind of glue. A real mistake by RADEX. Window fell off (surprise!) and was lost. The device looks bad, LCD panel is no longer protected.
4. Battery compartment cover falls off regularly in pocket, battery falls out.
The real positive note: the guts (the board, the electronics, the circuitry) look and work excellent.
RADEX ONE = excellent electronics + failing body.
if you are reading this, I am not interested in repairs or replacements. The body has to be radically redesigned.
- Front window cannot be held by a sticky tape glue. You can easily redesign the front of RADEX ONE to hold a piece of shatter-proof acrylic mechanically, between the body halves. No glue and a completely solid design.
- Body glued together - why no screws or self-locking clips? The last ones are industry standard, can be taken apart and reassembled, and the cost will be the same as now.
- Buttons - you already redesigned them in RADEX ONE 2, so this point should be taken care of.
As of today, Amazon seems to sell RADEX ONE with new buttons.
- Mother board attachment must sustain button presses EASILY without flexing and detaching.
- Battery compartment NEEDS a foam insert to prevent the battery from shifting. Otherwise, batteries shift and knock the cover out every time device spends a few hours
in a pocket.
All you need to do is glue a piece of a foam to the battery cover. Grey foam you are using to package RADEX ONE will work 100%. I have done that and it completely solved the issue.
[The original 5-star review from April 2016]
Different people have different answers, but in my book
RADEX ONE is a solid candidate for being the winner. Here's why.
- a pro-grade instrument with the famous SBM-20 tube. The real deal.
- the size: the smallest SBM-20 instrument ever created*
- no large & color display = saves battery
- runs nonstop for 4 months on one AAA
- AAA is common and easy to replace
- sub $100
- vibration option, which is a must have once I got used to it
In practice I need vibration more than having sound or blinking LED.
- software works perfectly in Windows 10
- software is free
- software is very well thought through: minimal clutter but powerful
- device will detect the smallest sources, such as "no-salt" salt
[potassium chloride] => 50cpm vs 20cpm background
- included USB cable may periodically lose connection to PC.
I use my cell phone microUSB cable to take care of that.
- no backlight; momentary button-activated LED backlight could be nice
- blinking event indicator is hard to see, it's too small
I also have the Inspector Alert. It's $$$, more sensitive, but heavy and bulky. RADEX ONE is my clear choice for a pocket meter.
Besides, with the software RADEX ONE can accumulate data for
a long enough time to detect literally anything that emits at least a few beta or gamma particles a minute.
*The size: it doesn't get any smaller than RADEX ONE:
In case you have seen these tiny iPhone "geiger counters", which attach to the audio port. Those aren't real geiger counters. They are 1000-times less sensitive than real ones and use PIN diodes.
RADEX ONE is not one of them and uses a true geiger tube.
Geiger counter sensitivity is proportional to the size of the geiger tube.
This is because radiation particles are less likely to randomly hit smaller tubes. So, it makes little sense to minimize geiger counter size by using smaller tubes. Fortunately, RADEX ONE achieves the small size by using compact circuit engineering, while keeping a respectably large tube.
Most recent customer reviews
After the 7th or 8th day, I started getting unbelievable readings from the dosimeter that...Read more
And hard to read the meter as well