- Made in US
- Oakley Plutonite Lenses offer 100% UV Protection filtering of all UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light up to 400mm. Oakley’s lightweight Plutonite lens material offers superior comfort, clarity & protection against impact and ultraviolet radiation.
- PRIZM Lens Technology designed to enhance color, contrast and detail so athletes can make the most of any activity. Prizm Ruby Polarized everyday lenses are designed for use in medium to bright light conditions to enhance color vividness and increase contrast. HD Polarized lenses that block 99% of reflected glare.The light transmission is 20%
- Patented High Definition Optics (HDO) provides superior optical clarity and razor-sharp vision at every angle.
- O Matter stress-resistant frame is lightweight & durable for all-day comfort & protection. Oakley’s injection molded thermoplastic O-Matter frame provides improved strength & flexibility over traditional acetate & is built to withstand shifting or deforming over time.
- Unobtanium earsocks and nose pads for increased grip with perspiration help provide a secure, comfortable and custom fit.
- Interchangeable lens system designed to optimize performance in any environment. (Extra lenses sold separately).
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Oakley Men's Flight Jacket Sunglasses
Product Overview - Black with Prizm Ruby Polarized
Aerodynamic engineering makes this speed specialist the ultimate eyewear for cycling, running and beyond. An open-edge brow maximizes the upper field of view, and our new Advancer nose bridge instantly opens airflow to combat fogging and overheating.
• Frame suitable for medium to large faces
• Available with Prizm lenses to enhance color, contrast and detail for an optimized experience
• HDO Optics for crystal clear vision and impact resistance
A Comparison of With and Without Oakley Lens
Designed for runners and cyclists, the Oakley flight jacket is constructed with stress resistant, lightweight o matter making them the ultimate high-performance sports frames. Featuring an open brow design for an enhanced upper field of vision, the Oakley flight jacket shield sunglasses also come with Oakley Advancer nose bridge technology which blocks light and allows you to control airflow and battle against fogging. Each pair of flight jacket shield sunglasses sport Oakley famous Plutonite lenses that block 100% of all uva, uvb, UVC and harmful blue light up to 400mm, unobtanium ear socks and adjustable nose pads to increase grip while you sweat and Oakley innovative three-point fit system for help relieve pressure points for a comfortable, all day fit. The flight jacket has an interchangeable lens system (extra lenses sold separately) and comes with two sets of interchangeable temples compatible with a wide range of helmets.
- Product Dimensions : 8 x 4 x 4 inches; 6.7 Ounces
- Item model number : OO9401
- Department : Mens
- Date First Available : April 16, 2018
- Manufacturer : Oakley
- ASIN : B0814F8C1B
- Customer Reviews:
Compare with similar items
Oakley Men's OO9290 Jawbreaker Shield Sunglasses
Oakley Men's Oo9406 Sutro Sunglasses
Oakley Men's Oo9208 Radar Ev Path Rectangular Sunglasses
|Sold By||Amazon Warehouse||Black Flag Outfitters||GoodSports Outdoor||Amazon.com|
|Lens Color||Prizm Ruby Polarized||Fire Iridium||Prizm Road||Prizm Ruby|
|Lens Width||37 millimeters||31 millimeters||37 millimeters||38 millimeters|
|Lens Color Map||Orange||Red||Red||Orange|
|Polarization Type||Non-Polarized Iridium||Polarized Iridium||Polarized Iridium||Non-Polarized|
|Size||37 mm||31 mm||37 mm||38 mm|
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
These will be returned. Live and learn. I bought these because oakley is out of black frames for custom orders.
Well after keeping the same pair of cheap sunglasses alive and well for over a year of racing, I finally felt like Id proven I was responsible enough for the splurge. For the two weeks of riding and running I had with them, I was blown away by how much they actually did improve my visibility, especially when riding in and out of shadowed sections of the road.
But of course, after two weeks I put them on top of my car while getting my kid ready to go to school, and drove off. I never found them, Im assuming the fell at some point near my house and somebody picked them up.
I havent allowed myself to buy a new pair since, but now that Im back to NOT wearing Oakleys, I definitely know what Im missing.
Looks - Outstanding! I've had several folks comment on them so far.
Fit - Really comfortable. I could wear these all day long and I don't think I'd ever know they were there.
Performance - 9 out of 10. I live in Arkansas where it gets really humid during the summer months so glasses fogging up is a constant issue and, frankly, it's why I paid so much for these glasses. While I think they perform exactly as advertised most of the time I still have had some moments where they fogged up a bit. Once I got moving again they cleared up super fast, though. Wearing these is almost like wearing goggles. You get a HUGE field of view and the lenses are great at tracking the trail ahead of you but you don't have all the bulk of goggles. I did try to put these on while wearing my full face helmet (yes, I know that's a MTB fashion no-no) and they were pretty cumbersome. If you tend to wear a full face helmet then I'd probably stick with goggles for ease of use. Otherwise these could easily be the last pair of glasses you ever buy.
they are a bit large so you tend to look a little buggy but, hey, for the protection and functionality i suffer the bugginess.