- 5% off purchase of $200; 6% off purchase $400 or more. Here's how (restrictions apply)
OOSILK 100% Mulberry Silk Comforter, Silk Filled Comforter Silk Quilt Silk Duvet,All Seasons,King
|Price:||$349.00 & FREE Shipping|
Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Filling: filled with 100% natural long strand mulberry silk
- Cover fabric: 100% high quality cotton (300 Thread Count)
- Side zipper: small zipper on the side to check silk floss filling authenticity
- Lightweight, breathable, durable, chemical free, antibacterial, anti-mite, make you cool in summer
- Air to freshen every season, spot clean if necessary
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Silk Filled Comforter
- Cover Fabric: 100% premium cotton of 300 TC.
- Inner Filling: 100% pure and natural long strand mulberry silk floss.
- Closure: Small zipper on the side of the comforter for silk floss filling authenticity inspection.
- Corner Ties: 4 ties tacked at the inside corners to the shell to keep the comforter in place.
- Quilted Design: The stitching structure makes the comforter not easily move around or clump up.
- Benefits: lightweight, breathable, soft, smooth, anti-bacteria and mites, wrinkle prevention, anti-aging, moisture absorption, sleep promotion.
1. Spot clean with lukewarm water.
2. Air dry regularly each season in sunlight.
3. Machine wash and hang dry cotton cover.
4. Avoid direct sunlight exposure.
5. Cool Iron. Always iron on the inside.
6. Avoid machine wash silk filling.
Why buy all season silk comforter from OOSILK?
1. 100% high quality Grade A long fibre silk floss filling. No chemicals.
2. Natural temperature regulator, to make you cool in summer and warm in winter.
3. Lightweight, breathable, fluffy, durable, anti-mite, hypoallergenic, cozy and healthy.
4. The filling is tacked on the sides to the shell to prevent the filling from clumping up or moving around.
5. No need for cleaning if you air them regularly each season to keep them fresh.
6. Perfect for home use or give away as considerate gifts.
Benefits of Silk：
1. The great insulation property of silk helps keep the temperature around your skin at an optimal level during sleep, allowing you to feel cool in summer and warm in winter, featuring perfect softness, smoothness, comfort and durability.
2. High quality mulberry silk is extremely breathable and hypoallergenic. It is cool to sleep on and can help prevent bed sweats. Silk fabric has 18 kinds of Amino acids that are believed to effectively stimulate your skin cells' metabolism, therefore slowing the aging process.
3. Silk's natural fiber allows the skin and hair to slide over very gently and freely, reducing wrinkles and maintaining moisture. It is 100% natural and original, perfect for those who have sensitive skin.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||OOSILK||LILYSILK||MADE4U2004||Silk Camel||LILYSILK||LILYSILK|
|Size||King 104"x92"||King 104''x92''||Queen||King Size - 102 in X 90 in||King 104''x92''||Queen 87''x90''|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The comforter has a nice weight to it, but it’s not REALLY heavy – it’s very comfortable and soothing to lie under. This comforter is made of 100% mulberry silk filling and because silk is a natural protein, it’s hypoallergenic and is a natural deterrent for dust mites! AND, there was no weird smell when I opened the package!
As for cleaning, silk comforters are the easy to maintain. With property usage, no washing or dry cleaning is required, mostly due to silks
nature of being mildew and mold resistant. Proper usage implies using a duvet cover at all times to protect the silk comforter, so only cleaning of the duvet cover is necessary. However, if you really need to clean the silk comforter for whatever reason, then either spot cleaning by hand is the preferred cleaning method. Please note that frequent washing may damage the layering system of the silk comforter, so it is not recommended to machine wash the silk comforter unless it is absolutely necessary.
Benefits of using a silk comforter:
Silk, being a natural product is breathable and so enables your body to maintain a more stable temperature. This combined with some innovative duvet manufacturing techniques results in a duvet that really can change the way you sleep.
During the manufacturing process layer upon layer of long fiber mulberry silk floss is placed one on top of the other. This process is repeated until the desired weight is achieved. Layering the silk creates an intricate grid design, which is key to the heat regulating function of the duvet. Because the silk floss has been layered and not stuffed into the duvet covering, the silk is able to let some heat escape through the grid design. This results in a more pleasant sleep because our body temperature is kept at a more constant temperature throughout the night.
Silk has some amazing hypoallergenic properties. Silk is a natural protein and therefore is far less hospitable to dust mites which can trigger allergic reactions such as asthma, eczema and rhinitis. Up to 20,000 dust mites have been known to live in a single mattress. The use of silk bedding and silk filled duvets greatly reduces the amount of dust mites in the bedroom.
The nature of long-strand silk fibers mean a silk duvet is just as warm but much lighter than traditional duvets, and drapes over your body instead of "suffocating" you with the bulk of a conventional duvet.
Are silk duvets as warm as traditional duvets?
Yes. One Silk is a completely different type of material to traditional duvet fillings and as a result is not measured by the traditional tog system. Down duvets cover the body with sheer bulk - the more bulk the higher the tog value. Silk duvets are thinner than down by nature allowing the duvet to drape over the body. Down duvets form a physical barrier between your body and your surroundings, meaning the heat you give off reflects directly back at you. This process continues throughout the night resulting in overheating. Much like a pressure cooker, down duvets can't let heat dissipate. Silk duvets are designed to allow air to flow more freely and thus regulate your body's heat. The result is your body stays cool in summer and warm in winter.
The seller contacted me directly in exchange for a review.
However, despite the heat, when I sleep I need some covering with a little weight, and just a light top sheet just does not work for me. At night, and when I sleep, my body generates a lot of heat and my husband says I’m like a hot, heat-producing furnace. Even a light blanket is too warm because it seems to retain my body heat and I would toss and turn and kick the blanket off the bed, and then retrieve it a few minutes later. I am a restless sleeper during the hot summer months, because I’m just too hot to sleep, and even with the fan and air conditioner working, my body still retains and emits an extraordinary amount of warmth.
Hot August Evenings:
This silk comforter is thin and lightweight, although it’s more substantial than just a top sheet. In addition, this seems to keep my body a little cooler during our summer heat. As long as the comforter remains loose and not tucked under the mattress, it seems to let the air circulate, which eliminates the extra heat coming from my own body. Therefore, this meets my requirements for a summer covering without the stifling and heavy bulkiness that I will kick off the bed while sleeping.
Cooler September Evenings:
From the beginning of August, through the end of September, our night temperatures have dropped about 15 degrees. These cooler temperatures allow us to turn off the air conditioner and open the windows for some fresh air. Over the last few mornings, I have noticed that although I’m cozy and warm under the silk comforter, when I get up, there is a chill in the air from the open windows. Therefore, this silk comforter works to keep me cooler on the hot August evenings, but it also keeps me warmer during the start of autumn when the temperatures have dropped about 15 degrees.
In conclusion, silk has the ability to keep me cool during the hot summer evenings and warmer when the temperature drops. According to my research, silk allows body heat to disperse, whereas the conventional polyester, and the down and feather duvets work similar to a pressure cooker. When sleeping, body heat reflects back from the duvet, which is a natural process to keep warm, but it also results in overheating, when the current temperature in a room is at a higher and warmer range. Therefore, a silk duvet helps my body to regulate my own natural heat.
The Benefits of a Silk Duvet Bed Cover
Silk is a natural material and it does not contain the toxic chemicals found in man-made materials. These positive advantages may improve many health concerns, and offer some relief from allergies that cause suffering at night, in the mornings, and then throughout the day.
Silk bedding is hypoallergenic and it repels dust mites. Dust mites exasperate an Asthma condition, promote sneezing fits to the dust mite ‘droppings’, which are toxic enzymes released from their ‘droppings’, and then produce an allergic reaction when inhaled.
Another major advantage are the soothing qualities of silk for joint and skin conditions, such as Shingles, Osteoarthritis, Dry Skin, and Eczema. Silk duvets drape lightly over, whereas conventional duvets and blankets have a heavier barrier, which cause the pain and irritation on sensitive areas. Additionally, due to the natural amino acids within silk, it has a special ability to encourage our skin to reabsorb our own moisture. This helps to revive and rejuvenate skin cells overnight, which provides some relief for dry skin and/or eczema conditions.
The OOSILK Mulberry silk comforter has a few notable features. The silk floss filling lays very flat and level, it never bunches up or slopes over to the ends. Unlike other comforters, the OOSILK duvet has stitched sections along the sides, bottom, top, and throughout the middle to keep the filling in place. Therefore, it’s impossible for the silk floss filling to spread out and form clumps, and this provides ultimate and uniform comfort. The filling in my other comforters tend to thicken in some areas and thin out in other spots. I also have some others that I refuse to use as their filling drops down around my feet, which leaves my top half cold, and the lower half of my body and feet uncomfortably hot.
At the top corner and by the OOSILK label is a small hidden zippered pocket that leads to the filling, and I can see that this duvet contains genuine, thick strands of soft silk filling floss. The cover is a cotton fabric with loops attached on the four corners to tie securely within a separate duvet cover.
There is a misconception that a silk duvet is hard to maintain, but contrary to that belief, a silk duvet is the easiest, because a silk duvet requires a duvet cover. Silk by nature is both mildew and mold resistant, and the recommended maintenance is to air-out the silk duvet in the fresh air to restore the natural properties, which keeps the duvet in the best condition. Therefore, only the separate duvet covering requires any regular cleaning. The silk duvet itself remains protected inside another fabric casing. Otherwise, a gentle ‘spot-wash’ should be all right. Only and if necessary, would I take the silk duvet to a TRUSTED dry cleaner, as they are the specialists for cleaning all fabric materials.
Disclosure: I received this silk duvet free for an evaluation. These are my opinions after my two-month usage, through both hot and cooler weather.