Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: OP/TECH USA 1301012 Uni Adaptor Loops (Regular) - System Connectors
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEM

Size: Regular|Change

on July 5, 2009
Rating: Five Stars
I have had an Op Tech camera strap for some time. It's a good strap, well padded with enough elasticity to make it easier to carry a good sized DSLR around for several hours at a time. But when I graduated to a Nikon D300, (from a D80) the extra weight started to hurt my neck. With the addition of the two straps, System Connector #9, and the op tech camera harness which redistributes the weight to my shoulders and back, I can carry the camera for long periods of time, with little or no fatigue. Plus, it prevents the camera from swinging around and potentially hitting things. It also allows me to have both hands free when not using the camera. All in all, an elegant and inexpensive solution. And the parts can be used in different combinations to suit the user, so it truly is a "system" rather than just a collection of parts.
on December 12, 2014
This is a great system - we use this system to attach binoculars to our backpacks. We have three pack sizes by Deuter, and these fit all with ease - before you buy make sure yours can accommodate these straps - see attached photos.
We purchase enough adapters to allow us to quick connect each of our two binoculars to either pack interchangeably.
Most importantly - we took off the load of the binoculars from our neck, and it is evenly distributed through the comfort of the backpack harness. It also saved us the need to buy a special binocular harness that wouldn't have added any benefit, and would have not allowed us the use of a backpack and the binoculars simultaneously.
They are well made in the USA for a very reasonable price
review image review image
on March 22, 2011
I have been on a search for the "right" camera strap for over a year now. It seems that most straps want to place the camera a just below chest height. That's fine if the purpose is to have the camera ready for quick shots. But when I am on vacation I carry my camera (a Canon DLSR) around with me all the time and that position is just too uncomfortable for me. I want it to be more comfortable than accessible. Getting the OP/TEC strap and these extensions allows the camera to be slung around my hip and on the side. It is mostly out of the way but there when I need it.
on June 25, 2011
I do not like to sling my heavy cameras (Nikon D300, D90) around my neck and carry them that way all the time. Many times I want to carry them in my hand and not deal with all the material in the longer neck strap. These connectors allow me to have it both ways, according to the shooting situation. Then, the material does not interfere with shooting. If I want to reconnect them to the neck strap, it is simple and efficient. If you want to tripod the camera, who needs a long heavy neck strap to be in the way?
on October 18, 2009
I bought these to connect to the rings on my Kata DR-467 backpack so that I could clip my Op/Tech Pro Camera Strapped D90 to the shoulder straps instead of carrying it around my neck.

To do that you disconnect the strap from the loop connector and attach the loop connector to the D-rings on the pack taking care to make sure you match the connector (male/female) with the connection on your camera.

When not wearing the pack I use the OP/Tech Pro camera strap and with these I just un-clip the neck piece and clip the camera to the shoulder strap D-rings.
on August 14, 2011
Not exactly what I had hoped for. It seemed to be an extension I could use to make the camera hang a little further away from the sling (another part of this system) but even at it's shortest setting this was way to long for that. This is better suited as an extension to the sling itself or any other of the accessories. I can't fault this part of the system for not being what I wanted, it's all quality stuff. OP/Tech really has done a great job with this stuff though.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 10, 2015
I have the OP/TECH USA Utility Strap - Sling (Black) for my cameras. It comes with two short uni-loops which work out perfectly for carrying my Samsung NX30 or my Canon 40D; one loop for each. But when I purchased my Canon 5D Mark III, I wanted something more secure. There is no doubt that one of the uni-loops would have held the camera on the sling, but as the saying goes, if one is good, two is better. Hence this purchase. Two long adjustable uni-loops, one for each side of the camera. With the loops fully extended I can hold the camera in any position.

The connectors that snap into each other are referred to as quick connects, but with the needed pressure to disconnect them, they are far from quick. I say this in a good way. I know my cameras will be on the sling until I decide to remove them.
on June 11, 2014
While I like my OP/TECH Sling, the included connector straps are simply too short. When I hold the camera to my face, the straps conflict with the viewfinder. Shooting in portrait mode is simply impossible. These extensions solve both problems. The only downside is the camera hangs lower and is subject to more swinging as I walk. The swing can be reduced by adjusting the straps to their minimum length--about 8". Overall, I'm very happy with the OP/Tech sling system--quality built in the USA!
on October 19, 2014
Give good flexibility when using my binoculars are camera. Good quality, quick disconnect ends. Nice. Handy to have in the camera accessory drawer. They are a little narrower than I would have wanted for my big binoculars but narrow does have its advantages. Adjustment on the length hold firm. I like it.

BOTT LINE: Earns 5-Star for good design, quality, & fair price.
on May 3, 2016
Another me, too, I love this company. Their gear is durable, interchangeable, and versatile. I made the mistake of buying another brand of "detachable" strap with shoulder/neck loop and was disappointed because once you disconnected the shoulder portion, you were left with two un-mateable connectors.

Optech gear can be arranged so that when you disconnect the shoulder strap, you have a male and a female connector in a short loop. This is great for connecting into your pack to keep things handy, or just removing the strap from the camera that would otherwise blow around in the wind when using the camera on the tripod. Indeed, this particular component - the Uni Adaptor Loops - can form a short loop by itself.

For extra security, I clip my "short strap" (e.g. the uni adaptor loops) to my backpack while carrying my camera which is attached to it's tripod. Never had any mishaps with OpTech gear.

You can add their Secure-Its for more security (which you don't need), but the Secure Its can serve another purpose, too... it's velcro... so you can slap light things to the safety strap that have the matching velcro. And you can use it as velcro strap.

I do note, however, that one of my pieces was very hard to thread the Secure It strap thru. That aside, great stuff.