- Hardcover: 300 pages
- Publisher: Pine Hill Press (2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0975947923
- ISBN-13: 978-0975947920
- Product Dimensions: 9.7 x 6.7 x 0.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 4.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (8 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #720,547 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
OPEN IN THIRTY SECONDS: Cracking One of the Most Secure Locks in America Hardcover – 2008
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1) In reality he should mention that their are few people with the ware with all to pull off by-passing high security cylinders much less willing to spend the time to acquire the knowledge,experience and time to pull it off. Highly secured facilites usually have access control systems including cameras at critical door openings. 2) UL437 Listed cylinders meet only requirements that are stated "resistant" to attack never allowing the word "proof".
3) In the real world of crime most of security violations are committed by people who are not sophisticated, making high security cylinders a wise move. 4) Wish this book was only offered to security protection professionals who although need, want and thankfull for the informaion strongly believe this book belongs in the hands of those seeking the successful protection of people and assets.
4) Look forward to the author's considerable insights to developing a patent that is not vunerable to aforementioned flaws.
In thinking about the extraordinary books of Marc Weber Tobias it takes me back many years when I had first purchased his original edition of Locks, Safes and Security around 1971 (?), and was also reading The Master Locksmith Reference Book by Charles Courtney (1931edition), The Lure of the Lock by Hopkins(1928 edition) and the very many wonderful books obtained from the Locksmith Ledger. At that time I was a NYC Licensed Locksmith, Ademco Dealer, later a UL Listed Mercantile Safe and Vault (CVRV), etc . There was then and is much more today, a vast literature of technical Locksmith work, Safe and Vault Work , ASIS, ALOA, and many, many other publications.
But very rarely and fortunately in any discipline or profession you will come upon works that stand out as incomparable. The works of Marc Weber Tobias are that. His dedication and ability in this subject is remarkable. My previous review of his other publication entitled Locks, Safes and Security, Second Edition, can be found on Amazon and at my website.
SO, now we have this extraordinary story and technical study as told in “Open in Thirty Seconds” which recounts the utter and complete failure of Medeco High Security Locks used in applications all over the United States. I distinctly remember the near hysteria decades ago created by advertising and promotion of Medeco back when it could only be purchased from Sal Schillizzi of All Over Locksmiths and D. Silver Hardware in NYC.. In the NYC area where burglary was all too common, this product was in demand.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
There is a TON of information in here. It is a very detailed book of instruction, construction, and manipulation. Read morePublished on May 10, 2012 by Kelly Alwood
Read this if you are a locksmith! Excellent source of Technical information on Medeco and a few other high security LocksPublished on December 15, 2009 by E. Chambers
This book was excellent. It explained in laymans terms on how to crack Medeco locks. If you are in a position where you have to know how to pick open this lock, don't hesitate,... Read morePublished on September 13, 2009 by W. T. Wilkinson