Industrial Deals Prime Book Box Men's Summer Sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. New Moto G6 64 GB | $299.99. Save with Prime Exclusive Phones. Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo All-new Show Mode Charging Dock Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on December 9, 2016
I have tried many different types of contact lens solutions, and living in Las Vegas where it's dry, with fine dust particles constantly blowing into my eyes, keeping eyes lubricated is a daily task nevermind my contact lens. Being new to wearing glasses and then choosing to use contact lenses, actually one lens, later in life, I'm ultra picky. I wear an Acuvue Vita monthly lens, which may mean something to most when choosing your solution. I've tried every brand, and every different type in each brand of contact lens solutions to base my findings.

I gave each solution at least a 2 week trial period, unless it burned my eye. I tested each solution by taking out my lens each night, following directions exactly. In addition, after 1 week of usage, I would soak my lens for 2 nights, alternating 2 lenses in the test (I only wear one lens at a time), to see if it was beneficial would make my lens more comfortable if it soaked longer, as some products did better is they soaked for over 24 hours. I found that there was only a minimal increase in comfort as it appeared that my lens had felt more "cushy" and moist when it soaked for 24 hours.

The OPTI-FREE RepleniSH was the easiest to use. I didn't have to rub my lens to clean & disinfect, therefore it had no chance of tearing. The solution doesn't require it. I'm writing this after using this solution after 6 months now and I have never had to rub my contact lens to clean it.

The OPTI-FREE RepleniSH gave me the most moisture in my lens. That's just my opinion. Everyone's eyes are different, and everyone's eye shape is different, and I know my friends like another solution on the east coast. (I just think they haven't tried this one). This solution also doesn't burn my eye. I tend to have dry eyes, and I put a drop on my lens prior to placing in my eye without any irratation. I found it can be used as drops when I don't have them, as I keep a 2 oz bottle in my car if I want to remove my lens and switch to glasses after a long day and don't want to drive in the dark with my mono lens. Again, it's all about comfort.

The OPTI-FREE RepleniSH has lubricating eye drops for contact lenses that I usually carry in my purse and car. I use them in both eyes and its a great extra accessory item to have. As mentioned above, I found that the product doesn't burn and I've used it in a pinch to lubricate my eye and also in my lens for comfort prior to placing it in my eye.

Again, like any product, its personal - some will like it, others will love it, and some will pass on it. My suggestion, try a small bottle that won't break your bank. Hopefully you won't be disappointed.

I am just a regular consumer who loves this product and has not been contacted by the company, I have no affiliation with the company, or anyone in the industry. When I like something, I like to share. Happy shopping!
8 people found this helpful
on May 23, 2016
Have been using Opti-Free products for over 20 years now and is the only brand i have no allergic reaction to. That being said this product does contain Aldox as a preservative which some people may have allergic reactions to. Thimerosal is used as a preservative by other companies and can also cause allergic reactions such as 'burning' or 'stinging' of the eyes. Thimerosal is a mercury-containing organic compound (an organomercurial) and was at one time used in flu shots as a preservative but do to allergic reactions has been weened out of most vaccinations. Check the label provided by the manufacturer to see which preservative is being used as this can greatly reduce the chances of allergic reactions.
5 people found this helpful
on May 9, 2015
There is not a lot to say, it's contact solution. It won't make your eyes fall out of your head, and it comes with a free contact case. I usually buy this brand unless another one is super on sale.
12 people found this helpful
on March 16, 2018
If you like OPTI-FREE Puremoist line as much as I do, don't try this one. I have used puremoist for years and I have no problem with it. However, I decided to try a new line and bought this one last month, OMG it dried my eyes so bad. I can't even believe they are just different lines of the same brand.
Thanks to Amzon refund policy, I returned and Amazon refunded me.
on April 23, 2016
Feel like I got a good price on this product. I used another one of their products with my soft contacts but decided to try this one instead. I have been pleased with it and it keeps my eyes moist. My only con is the attached cap has to be pulled way back so it doesn't get in the way of the stream of liquid. I think they could improve on that. Also, you have to be careful how you point the bottle before you do any squeezing or it shoots beyond the lens container. It I based the review on how the product is packaged it would get a 3 or 4.
on March 5, 2016
I can't believe how well this solution works for dry eyes. I had to stop wearing my contacts because I couldn't get through one day with them due to dry eyes. It was so bad I had to see the doctor. Even the prescription drops he gave me didn't work as well as this solution. I'm on my second bottle and have not had one problem since I started using it. I've come to rely more on Amazon's reviews from real people than the manufacturer's claims and I'm so grateful to all the reviewers who pointed out how helpful this is for dry eyes. Add me to the list!
on February 22, 2017
I've been using this for years. It works great for me. I was recently unable to find it locally. They'd replaced it with a new version, pure moist. I dislike the pure moist. It didn't clean my lenses as well and they weren't as comfortable. I found it on here and my contacts are comfortable again. Due to some new exposures I've been cleaning them at night with a Pure Clean peroxide solution and then rinsing with this.
on February 5, 2018
For years, I was getting styes about once a month and my eyes were always red and watering. Finally, my eye doctor figured out that the eye solution I was using had a preservative in it that I was allergic to. As soon as I switched to Alcon Opti-Free, the styes stopped along with the redness and watering. What a relief!
on July 19, 2015
You can't really go wrong with Opti-free. This brand was always recommended by my optometrists. I personally never thought it would matter that much, until I bought and a generic brand no-rub solution and I didn't know it then, but my eyes started getting really dry and I felt my astigmatism was getting worse. I have never had a problem with Opti-free and their contact cases (that come with the package) have been the best ones I've used in my ~10 years of having contacts. The material doesn't brown and stain like other generic brands, so it's easy to use and clean. I will definitely pay a little more for the quality from this brand.
on April 25, 2016
I use Opti-free all the time but Im starting to notice that its slowly moving from a no-rub to a rub solution but the price is staying the same. I'm going to give it another try because I haven't had a problem but Ill try a certified no rub and compare the 2. I think it works fine but I want to make sure that Im not getting ripped off. I still give it 4 stars because my eyes are not irritated and I feel like my contacts are clean but the fact that its a rub solution now bothers me.