OPTP Pro-Roller Soft Density Foam Roller - Durable Roller Massage, Stretching, Fitness, Yoga Pilates
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Shorter length soft density foam roller
- Durable heat-sealed, closed-cell EVA foam construction
- Provides gentle self-massage to promote muscle recovery and healing
- Portable size convenient for travel or taking to the gym
- Measures 18" L x 6" diameter
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
PRO-ROLLER Soft Low Density Foam Roller - Durable Roller for Massage, Physical Therapy, Stretching, Fitness, Pilates, and Yoga
- Massage sore muscles in comfort: The OPTP PRO-ROLLER features a gentler, low density compression for releasing tension in sore muscles, tight fascia, or sensitive trigger points
- Lessen pain and improve function: Roll out IT Band, quads, hamstrings, calves, back and other areas to recover from exercise, improve posture and alignment, and restore muscular function
- Perform a wide range of exercises: The soft density creates a comfortable yet stable environment for a variety of exercise movements and is ideal for stretching, balance, core strength, Pilates, and more
- Benefit from professional quality construction: The PRO-ROLLER’s durable cross-linked, closed-cell, EVA foam is built to withstand heavy, repeated use in the gym, clinic, or at home and outlast its competitors
Choose from multiple sizes: 36" L x 6" diameter is ideal for rolling out larger muscle groups; 18” L x 6” diameter is portable, great for smaller muscles; 36” L x 3” half is perfect for stability and balance exercise
Fitness trainers, physical therapists, chiropractors, and other health professionals have regarded the OPTP PRO-ROLLER Soft as one of the most durable, longest lasting rollers on the market.
- Built to withstand heavy, repeated use in the gym, clinic, or at home
- Superior EVA foam construction designed to outlast its competitors
- Designed with cross-linked, closed-cell, heat-molded technology
- Easy to keep clean with disinfecting wipe or wet cloth and mild detergent
The PRO-ROLLER Soft is perfect for those looking for effective massage but with a less intense pressure. It features a gentler, low density compression for a more comfortable experience.
- Massage sore muscles to lessen pain and improve function
- Release tension in tight, constricted fascia or sensitive trigger points
- Roll out IT Band, quads, hamstrings, calves, back and other areas for recovery after exercise
- Safely rehab or perform physical therapy after an injury
This foam roller goes beyond self-massage techniques. Available in multiple sizes, its versatility allows you to perform many different exercise variations.
- Build core strength and stability with Pilates and yoga movements
- Increase flexibility and range of motion with stretching exercises
- Improve posture, alignment, and balance with the two-sided 36” x 3” half roller
- Target smaller muscle groups with the travel size 18” x 6” roller
Color: 18" Blue Round | Package Type: Standard Packaging
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Showing 1-7 of 1,060 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It has just the right amount of softness and strength.
You see, I'm not a small woman (which is a euphemism for being seriously overweight). Anyway, this roller is tuff enough so that it doesn't flatten out like those, soft white rollers do (often referred to as open cell foam rollers). That means it's firm enough to support me while doing the sitting, lying and standing exercises listed in the workbook and just soft enough to make the massage exercises at the end of the book tolerable. If you have really tight muscles, a really hard roller will hurt like hell when you try to do the massage exercises, trust me! I tried a firmer roller but the pain was so unbearable that I just couldn't massage with it which defeated the purpose.
Anyway, an extra firm roller works really well for all the other exercises in the book and if your muscles aren't tied in knots or you just think that suffering is good for your soul. But for big wusses like me, I'll stick with the OPTP Soft Pro-Roller. It's not too hard, not too soft, but just right! Now, I just need to find 2 half rollers like this one and I'll be in foam roller heaven.
Recently my practice has begun using MELT... and before using it on clients I obviously tested the methods on myself with other types of foam rollers available to me (even large-diameter hollow pool noodles), which still worked... however the difference in efficacy between the regular foam rollers and this OPTP one, is exactly what Sue Hitzmann realized when designing her MELT roller -- the OPTP roller's effect is far more obvious than with a harder conventional foam.
Only downsides I can think of... is I don't know if this OPTP version is latex-free... and this is 5.5" in diameter (size of original MELT roller was 6"), vs. the new, softer MELT roller's 5" diam (MELT now recommends the smaller, softer roller, esp for smaller clients who may object to trying to MELT their necks on a larger roller. I use a super-soft-yoga-mat-foam-wrapped pool noodle for neck work with these clients).
So if you're a MELT practitioner or self-work your body (other than the neck), and want to have the same benefits as the MELT roller without the cost to buy... I highly recommend this alternative. If you have $25 more to spend... get Sue's currently-recommended MELT one. I'm getting results just fine with this 5.5" one. ;)
EDIT: changed OPTP roller diameter from 6" to 5.5" after measuring with a known good rule.
I had tried other brands, and half rollers ...none of which were beneficial, and a few that actually made things worse.
This Roller is firm enough to aide in stretches, and postural exercises, yet soft enough that there was not pain on pressure points.
Very easy to work with, and I just love the way I feel after I have used it. When I use it just before bedtime, I even notice that I sleep better.
GREAT PRODUCT, and BEST PRICE!