Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 85% on textbooks Shop women's shoes nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Showing 1-10 of 320 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 353 reviews
on September 15, 2017
Let's get the bad out of the way:
The seal was kind of funky when I first got it. I got two. A blue cup with a white lid for me and a purple cup with a gold lid for my girlfriend. My alma maters colors are blue and gold. Her alma maters colors are purple and white so we switched lids. One of them was way too tight and she almost dumped the water all over the floor. One of them was a little loose and would leak under the mouth opening when you tipped the cup up to sip.

Onto the good:
That was over a year ago. After a few weeks of daily use, both of the seals normalized to a solid middle ground. It's tight enough not to leak. It's loose enough to pop off safely and easily. Same could be said for her cup.

If you keep the cup in an area out of the sun at room temperature and fill it with crushed ice and ice water, the water will be cold for about 16 hours. I know that because if I fill it up with ice water at the end of the work day around 5 and leave the cup at my desk. The water will still be cold at noon for lunch the next day. Cube ice will probably hold it even longer.

The cup is impressively sealed. My girlfriends nephews were playing with it and knocked it over while it was full of water. The lid was shut and only a small droplet of water popped out of the airhole from the initial impact. After it landed it rolled around on the carpet for a little while before we were able to get her nephew and nothing else spilled out.

It's very robust and that includes the lid and the paint. I was a little hesitant about getting a painted one because I was afraid it would get scratched up but this paint is very thick and very hard. It seems like it is cooked on. I've been using this thing daily for over a year. It's used in my office and car everyday. It's gone with me on countless fishing trips. It's rode in the cupholder of kayak on over a dozen paddle trips. The lid still looks relatively new. A small sliver of paint, about a 1/16th inch wide, around the bottom of the base has worn away exposing the silver metal. Along with a nick on the side caused by who knows what. The paint still has it's bright blue color.

It fits in every cupholder that I've ever tried to put it in. It also fits very securely in the water bottle holders on the sides of my two Jansport backpacks.

10/10 cup all around. I can't say enough good things about it.
6 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
The ORCA chaser is a well made cup, nice tight fitting lid with a flip top. The size feels natural in your hand, not too big in overall dimensions. Keeps items cold for the entire day. The person I bought the cup for likes the flawless pink color. Nice upgrade over the older yeti she has carried for the last year or so.

Update: dropped the original Orca chaser in the parking lot, some scratches that cleaned up pretty well. Lid stayed on and liquid did not spill. Decided to buy another chaser and leave the scratched chaser in the work van. Over considering the fall and the impact on the pavement the paint held up really well. Great product. Still only four stars because this product although durable and worthy of the task is still made in China and not the USA
4 people found this helpful
on February 7, 2017
I use this tumbler every day. In the morning I brew tea at 7am & drink it around 10am. The tea is still so hot I have to remove the lid and let it cool; 3 hours after putting it in the Orca. In the evening I fill it with ice & water for on my nightstand. I find it will keep ice for about 12 hours before melting. I also purchased some reusable acrylic straws which work fabulously for using it with cold drinks. I love mine so much I bought several more as Christmas presents.
5 people found this helpful
on February 18, 2016
My first Orca product was a 40qt cooler (awesome). I've seen the yeti tumblers but wanted to stick with an 'American made' company, which the tumbler turns out not to be. Made the same place the yeti is. Oh well no big deal. I really like this cup a lot, it's larger than the yeti and keeps beverages plenty hot or cold. The only thing I don't like is that the opening on the lid (excellent gasket) doesn't have a small cap to close it completely. Once again no big deal. Unless you loose it or one of your friends steals it, it'll be around for many years.
7 people found this helpful
on September 17, 2017
Keeps hot hot . I make coffee, and dump into here. Sometimes get caught up in something at work, and leave my cup. Come back to it 2 hrs later (this is 4 hours after pouring into cup) and it is still above lukewarm and drinkable. No way it keeps coffee hot for 12 hours, but for a reasonable amount of time, better than other chinese junk. Orca coolers are great and USA made, this isn't, so if you find a better deal on chinese loving Yeti, buy that instead. Prob made in same factory.
on June 9, 2018
Love,Love,Love my ORCA! I got the pink one. It keeps my drinks cold all day and all night. My first ORCA was given to me by a friend. It is one of the more “high end” models. I was looking around on Amazon one day and there it was a “PINK ORCA”! I had to have. Now I have two so when one is dirty I have a clean one ready. Yes they are pricey but I think they are better than a YETTY. ORCA looks better than a YETTY. Finally, I would recommend the ORCA to anyone looking for a cup that can hold the cold or hot all day and all night.
One person found this helpful
on June 10, 2017
First - these Orca cups are pretty swell. No complaints about the cup itself. Does a fantastic job of retaining heat and cold.

Second - i would like to note. I bought a seafoam/clear from Amazon [not third party seller]. It did not come with the whale tale flip top lid. That is what is in the picture. The little lip on the front is the lip for the flip top lid. This is standard from the Orca website. Additionally, the Coral/Clear that i bought at the same time; did come with the flip top lid.
on August 7, 2016
Got the order yesterday. My mom. Loves her new orca cup. Stays cold all night. No problems with this cup at all! Hand wash with soap and warm water only!
6 people found this helpful
on October 8, 2017
My husband got a logoed Orca from his company at an annual meeting and I didn’t think much of it, but then I noticed how it kept ice frozen for two days. It is incredible - better than a Yeti. We had to order more. Great cup!
on January 27, 2018
This is an excellent cup for hot or cold beverages. This is the second one I've purchased because I loved the first one so much. It will keep ice frozen and intact for over 24 hours! I work 12 hour shifts and it's perfect for keeping my drinks cold all night long or for keeping my coffee hot! It is well worth the price. The only negative is the fact that they are not dishwasher safe, but these cups are durable and maintain temperature better than any other I have tried. Beautiful colors, too! HIGHLY recommend.
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.