YED MagazinestoInspire Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Shop for your business Starting at $39.99 STEM Valentines Day STEM Shop Popular Services JustAddMagic JustAddMagic JustAddMagic  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Go Explore Outdoor Recreation on Amazon STEM

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 567 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2012 10:16:05 AM PST
Go E.A- iz ur birfday, Go E.A- iz ur birfday...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2012 11:22:11 AM PST
Happy happy and let there be cake (and ice cream)!

Posted on Feb 7, 2012 11:40:45 AM PST
E. A Solinas says:
Thank you all! :D

Posted on Feb 7, 2012 11:44:08 AM PST
Jeronimo says:
Happy birthday!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2012 1:32:32 PM PST
Sharpei says:
Happy Birthday to EA!!! Hope you have a great day :)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2012 2:15:11 PM PST
lifewontwait says:
Happy Birthday! Have some Evil Birthday Chocolate!

Posted on Feb 7, 2012 2:20:11 PM PST
Happy Birthday E. A.! Have extra fun for me!

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 1:18:15 AM PST
Naomi Clark says:
Belated happy birthday!

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 1:58:49 AM PST
Heidi Wills says:
I did get Paige, the kitten, her own litter box. They have access to each other, but won't go into the same room. They are both terrible cowards.

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 11:20:43 AM PST
anna says:
Happy late Birthday EA!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2012 9:31:43 PM PST
Deb Devaki says:
Heidi Wills,
When I brought my rescue kittens home I did not have a separate room to put them in. I got a small vinyl cage, large enough for a little litter box and a small sleep / play area. They slept in it at night, safe and secure, and during the day I kept them on body harnesses and leashes. The leashes allowed them to explore without getting lost under furniture or tripping elder relatives and also acted as security since I could pull them back if they got to close to the grumpy first cat.

This worked really well for us: one week in the cage at night followed by one week sleeping on the leash outside the cage but right in front of it so they could escape inside if they wanted. After two weeks they had free roam. Grumpy first cat would still growl, snarl, and swipe at them but she never actively attacked them. She would swipe, they would fall over, and both would then run off in different directions. Nixie, the first cat, refused to play with or even tolerate Sugar, the surviving kitten, on the same couch with her until we started using Comfort Zone. Now they play and wrestle although Nixie will still snarl if Sugar is in the spot she wants.

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 11:03:06 PM PST
Boo says:
Happy Bird-day EA!

Posted on Feb 9, 2012 1:34:29 AM PST
Heidi Wills says:
I think I'm going to have to try Comfort Zone just to get Paige, the kitten, to stop crying/yammering under my bed. The other problem is that she is worse than Midnight when I'm gone for over 24hrs. She came running out of the bedroom to give me a piece of her mind when I walked into the apartment. Even Midnight was startled. She has suddenly started eating and drinking a lot and was out of food and water. The first 24hrs I had her, she didn't eat. She was still grumbling at me while she ate. Then went under the bed and started crying/yammering again while I tried to sleep. She has discovered a new spot in the closet, a storage container full of blankets and clothes. Its high enough she can get in and out and feels hidden among the dresses hanging in the closet. She is quiet in there, and sleeps in it, but won't shut up while under the bed.

Posted on Feb 9, 2012 6:09:15 PM PST
Deb Devaki says:
My 2 rescue kittens, Sugar and poor little Odie, came home a week a part. They were about 2 months old. The first couple days they each ate and drank a lot and had very loose bowls. Then by the second week, Sugar suddenly took off and became a fluffy, chubby, toddler teddy bear (Odie was born ill and died at 4 months).

We never had a problem with crying although their bed and living space was right smack in the middle of the family room and they had people around them all the time. Nixie and especially Sugar are very talkative and don't hesitate to tell us when they want something. Sometimes all Sugar wants is a loving caress and off she goes.

How old is your new Kitty? We started using Comfort Zone when Sugar was about 7 months. If the Kitty is to young you might have to wait. Sorry, I don't have my box so I don't know if there is an age limit. Maybe the product description will tell.

Posted on Feb 10, 2012 1:59:37 AM PST
Heidi Wills says:
She is about two months old.
I stopped at my apartment for two seconds last night and both were hungry. Midnight calmly sat beside her food dish. As I was feeding her, Paige came out yammering again.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2012 5:20:05 AM PST
Could be she's just a chatty kitteh and will always be more vocal than most. Or it might be she will settle in a few weeks.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2012 5:45:12 AM PST
Maryam says:
Paige is still very young. It will take her a little while to settle in and understand your routine-she's already had at least one big change in her life. And she may keep talking.

After ten years, my cat Tybalt still talks all the time. Of course, we're also convinced that he doesn't always know that I'm in the next room in a very small condo, and he wails as though he's lost in the wilderness even after you call to reassure him. Not a bright bulb.

Posted on Feb 10, 2012 6:27:17 AM PST
Naomi Clark says:
Fergus is very talkative. He often just sits in the middle of the room mewling and making all sorts of weird noises. Never wants anything, except occasionally a lap to sit on. Of course, when he's doing it at 2am, it's less charming...

Posted on Feb 10, 2012 7:50:57 AM PST
E. A Solinas says:
My great-aunt/godmother is dying. :( She's 99 and not actually sick or in pain, but still...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2012 8:40:01 AM PST
Aerin says:
At that age, she wants attention - like any baby - and she's not getting enough of it. That's why I never adopted a kitten when I was working and living alone. It is a problem.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2012 8:54:26 AM PST
Sorry to hear this, E.A. I can only presume she's led a full, rich life and you've been the delight of her twilight years.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2012 9:06:40 AM PST
Magdalen77 says:
I'm sorry, E. A.

Posted on Feb 10, 2012 9:15:05 AM PST
Deb Devaki says:
So sorry, E.A. Both my maternal grandparents died within six months of each other both in the months if their 95th birthdays. Long full lives, got to see great-grandkids, no pain or sickness just relatively quick declines and then gone. But no matter how you console yourself that they lived long full lives their passing still leaves a hole. While you are loving your great-aunt and honoring her life, don't forget to take care of yourself, too.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2012 9:35:08 AM PST
Maryam says:
I'm also thinking that, if time and resources permit, I've heard of people who have babysitting videos for their pets. My own cats have each other for company, some toys around that they can play with (that I know are being used at least sometimes, and windows they can look out-blinds left up enough so that they don't try to climb through them to see the birds and squirrels. I have a lot of 15-hour workdays, when I'm only home to change clothes in passing and then to sleep. When no one else is living in my place, the cats are alone for most of the time except when I'm sleeping.

Once they have a chance to get used to each other, they may serve as company for each other.

Posted on Feb 10, 2012 10:02:38 AM PST
Deb Devaki says:
Heidi Wills, I checked several sites to see if Comfort Zone has an age recommendation and could not find anything. The most I found was the statement that it was "for cats and kittens." Sugar was 7 months and Nixie was over a year old when we started using it. But 2 months is still very young. Maybe you should check with your vet first. Although I still heartily recommend Comfort Zone.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  36
Total posts:  567
Initial post:  Dec 31, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

This discussion is about
Kiss the Dead (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter)
Kiss the Dead (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter) by Laurell K. Hamilton (Hardcover - June 5, 2012)
3.6 out of 5 stars (719)