Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on December 1, 2012
I did a lot of research because I did not have a lot of money to throw into a scanner. I have 3 different cars (2004 Town & Country, 2005 300, 2002 Astro). Works great on all of them. I learned while researching these tools that you should check the supported cars list BEFORE you buy a scanner so I did and was happy with that. Don't listen to people complaining that did not check for their year make and model prior to purchasing. The OTC-3111 ($159.99), the Actron 9580 ($248.44), 9580A($209.99) and 9580AL ($229.99) and the Innova 3150 ($149.00) or 3160 ($179.00) are the scanners in the sub $300 price range (Prices given were the Amazon.com prices when I purchased in November 2012)that claim they can read ABS system codes. The reviews for the Innova ABS customers were all terrible and the customer service was rated ever worse. That bummed me out since I really like the Innova system and was all set to buy one when the reviews at AMAZON made me stop and research a bit more. There is bad review or two for this unit but I had a great experience and it reads my codes well. There are a lot of braking system codes out there and you may need to look up more info for some of the codes but at least you know what they are and what the computer is seeing as causing a problem. This is because there is less of an industry standard when it comes to brake codes as compared to OBD-II codes. I can't blame any of the manufacturers of these units for that. Unit came equipped with a nice case, quick start guide, CD with associated software and the FULL User's Manual, a nice long 6 foot cord to connect to the port in your cars and also a cord for connecting your device to your computer. There was some bitching about updating the device in the reviews posted so I went to the OTC site and they do not have an update for this unit. Mine was manufactured in late 2011 so I would not expect it to be any more current than this but I am sure they will do some updates in a year or two to read more current model cars. I would buy this unit again. It is not a professional code reader - it is a fairly inexpensive code reader that I think provides the most bang for your bucks. That is the way I shop so I am happy. I would have been equally happy with any of the Actron 9850, 9850A or 9850AL units because they are the same device as this OTC 3111 but they cost $40-$80 more. Good luck out there hope this has helped you a little.
11 comment| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 21, 2017
I really like it so far. I really like that it can diagnose ABS issues. Helped my diagnose which ABS wheel sensor was going out in my truck.
on June 8, 2013
I previously had an Actron scanner that I was very pleased with, but it was not CAN compliant and would not read my later model vehicle. I had hoped for a software upgrade, but Actron said that was not an option. I did some research and determined that the OTC version that I purchased was made by the same company that makes the Actron scanner and was a better price. I am still learing to use it, but so far it has met my expectations.
on September 19, 2013
This little bugger has saved me at least $200 the first week I owned it. The best part is it gives you the top three fixes for the code you have. It is easy to use and does a great job!
on April 16, 2015
worked great needed for abs brakes
on September 2, 2013
received OTC scan tool,very good quality,(as usual with OTC). nice case to protect the instrument,I'm really happy with the tool. good price and shipping.
on May 31, 2013
works great for a basic tool first truck went straight to the problem 2008 trans temp sensor in the pan
on September 21, 2015
Easy to use and I really like the component locator, has already Paid for itself and Accurately ID'd my first issue.
on April 4, 2013
Works great with Land Rovers and I am sure other foreign cars. You don't need to go in to the dealership and get charged for this service. Tells you whats wrong and even includes an ABS scan which is a great addition.
on August 27, 2015