Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: OUT! Pet Stain & Odor Remover, 32 oz
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

Price:$3.78+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on December 24, 2009
This is an amazing product. I do not own a pet, but have a 9yr old who recently developed a bed wetting habit and who often falls asleep on the sofa...which of course does not have removable cushions or covers that can be washed. I had tried everything..including small shampooers..but nothing was really able to get that tell-tell odor of urine out of the cushions, and even used bleach based cleaners on the mattress, which also left a faint urine smell behind. However, this took care of everything...almost immediately! It has a very pleasant, light aroma, and a little goes a long way. I have treated both the sofa and her bed completely, and have used only about 1/5 of the bottle. Within a few hours the urine smell was gone..and now I can have company over again without the worry :)
33 comments| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 5, 2010
As one of my cats tends to be troublesome and doesn't always seem to find the litter box when she needs it... I spent a TON of time hunting for the best cleaner for cat urine stains. After reading countless reviews I purchased a few different cleaners, and this one is very good! Both odor and stain practically vanish when you spray it one the area, a tiny bit of scrubbing and it is completely gone - for good!

If you have trouble with cat urine stains, this product is great!

EDIT: Upon further use and review, I have found the smell of this product itself to be too strong for my liking. While it does its job well, I prefer some other products that do not have as much of a perfume scent. My long term favorite and most recommended stain and odor remover has to be Nature's Miracle.
33 comments| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 6, 2016
This is not like your standard "carpet stain remover". This is an enzyme so there is science behind why it is a superior product. Carpet stain cleaners don't remove the real problem AND they leave detergent residue behind that attracts more dirt and odor. Detergents lighten the stain on the surface but don't do anything for what has soaked down into the lower area. Eventually the stain will surface again and the perfume that was covering the odor will wear off quickly.

This product has a light fragrance and a mild cleanser. It contains enzymes that break the chemical bond with the bacteria in the urine, vomit, blood, or feces. Bodily fluid stains actually create a chemical bond with our carpet that cannot be broken with detergent and perfume. Once the bond is broken with an enzymatic cleaner, the enzymes then "eat up" the bacteria (continue to break it down and down until it is gone) so that the source of the stain and odor is truly removed and not just covered.

We have a pug mix that drags her butt on the floor because her anal sacs do not empty as they should when she poops--sorry to be blunt but I think people are looking for real info when reading these reviews. The worst part about this is that she leaves no stains but a REALLY horrendous odor! If you've ever smelled it you know what I'm talking about--like rotted fish. We keep a bottle of this stuff sitting around all the time. We go behind her and spray the rug whenever she has been dragging. It doesn't cover the odor, it destroys it! This is the only thing I have ever found that works! Sometimes at night before bed I'll just spray large areas of a room and leave it, because I know she does this when we're not home to see where. No odor in my carpet and no residue left behind to attract dirt.

I have extremely sensitive skin to the extent that I cannot use most soaps, shampoos, toothpastes, and household cleaners. This product has proven to be completely harmless to us and to our pet. I exercise on the floors where I use this. That's how I discovered the odor and went furiously in search of something to get rid of it!!!

I use a rag like you normally would if I'm cleaning up a stain, and I use this on food and beverage stains as well pet-related things. You want to soak up as much urine as possible--the logical things you would do when you have a carpet issue. For her type of stainless odor I just spray the area down pretty well, leave it on the carpeting and let it work it's magic. I've been using this for over a year and I'm very satisfied. Highly recommended for households with pets, children, sick people. You can find it in retail stores but Amazon tends to have a better price and a reliable stock. I've found WalMart sometimes has it and sometimes doesn't, but I really don't like giving them my money so Amazon is my go-to for this item.

Please let me know if you found this information helpful. Please ask if you have questions. Thanks!
on May 5, 2016
Update 6/15/2016-- I just wanted to update for anyone wondering about how well this product actually works. IT WORKS!! I really am happy with how well this works. I do notice that in spots that used to be "problems" i.e. they keep peeing in the same spot, I have not had any issues with my dogs trying to pee there anymore. This is as close to scientific proof as I am going to get to this product being effective. My friends said I was being paranoid, but I used to feel like I smelled pee when I walked in my front door---even after shampooing!! But, since using this product I no longer have that problem. I will continue to buy this product if I need it again (I still have a bottle from before, so it is so effective you do not need a bunch. I originally bought two because I was unsure how much I needed, but one did the trick. I have a four bedroom house and used it in the carpet cleaner in the living room and bedrooms).

I use this in my carpet cleaner. I thought this was carpet cleaning solution, but it is not. This is actually an enhancement for your carpet shampooer. In order to use in your machine, you will put 4oz of solution in addition to your regular carpet cleaning solution. So far, it appears to work. I have no scientific evidence to support the actual "working" factors of these enzymes, but I feel like it works better than any other product I have used that just masks a scent for a while.
Originally I thought this was only solution, but since it is not, it comes with a sprayer. This has come in handy because I can also use it as a spot treatment.
The product comes packed very tightly and the lid is a screw cap and they include a sprayer with each bottle. This is great because it means your box will not leak. My box arrived dry and with full bottles of solution.
One strange thing.....I ordered 32oz thinking this was a bigger bottle, but they just sent me two of the other size bottles. However, this does not really make any difference. If anything it is a plus because now I can keep one upstairs and one downstairs for quick spot treating.
The scent is hard to describe. It is not really a scent, but it does have a smell. It is not bad though, and I imagine it is meant to just dissipate and I am smelling the enzymes in the solution. After I apply this I do not necessarily smell it.
This product DID NOT stain my carpet or leave any bleach-type spots--which is something other products have done. I have light brown/tan carpets.
I am very satisfied and I will probably order again in the future if the need arises.
on April 6, 2014
I recently rain out of the last bottle I had and purchased this new OUT! The fragrance is different, a bit stronger...I liked the smell of the older version. BUT, this product still works the same and for me, has been the only product that has totally gotten rid of urine odor. This would have been a 5 star rating if not for the new smell.
on April 14, 2014
As long as you use this product as directed, it should do the job. I had to use it twice because I didn't saturate the area properly the first time. It worked after I got proper penetration into the carpet padding.
on June 9, 2013
I must have a half dozen spray bottles of different stain and odor removers under my sink, including Nature's Miracle and Folex. None works as well as OUT! I'm pretty diligent about cleaning up any accidents my geriatric Boston terrier makes in the house, so I can't say for sure this would work as well on an old stain, but for still-wet pee pee spots there's nothing like it. I blot up as much of the urine as possible and then spray. The yellow color fades instantly upon contact. I work it in with the edge of a quarter, leave it covered for ten minutes or so, then come back and scrub it up with a cloth. There's absolutely no urine odor left behind, the carpet doesn't fade, the stain never comes back, and the dog doesn't return to the same spot. The powdery scent isn't my favorite, but it doesn't last long, and I can stand it far better than the odor of doggy urine.
on April 30, 2016
We've been using this for our pups accidents since we got him. In the first months of having him we haven't noticed any purposeful bathroom going in any place multiple times, so I really do think the enzymes work.
I personally think the spray smells pretty good too. It isn't chemically and doesn't smell like you're trying to cover something up either.
We've had success with this product and I'd definitely recommend it.
on February 10, 2016
I had purchased this product a couple of years ago and recently started using it again. I was in love with the smell and would use it as a general dog smell deodorizer. I ran out of the old bottle finally and decided to repurchased based on the smell alone. This bottle appeared to be the same product though the label was a different design. While it still smells just as good -- the potency isn't as strong. So that is a little disappointing, but not enough for me to be completely unhappy with it. Once this bottle runs out, I will reorder again. Being that I use it more like Fabreeze than a spot treatment, I can't speak for it's effectiveness in regards to that. My dog sleeps with me in the bed, so a quick daily spritz over the sheets helps with the old dog stink. In the end, I like the scent so much that even if it doesn't deodorize, but instead just masks smells, I'd still buy it just for the quick bursts of the scent.
on August 3, 2016
I have been using OUT Pet Stain and Odor Remover in my endeavors to potty train my puppy. It cleans up the stains and leaves a fresh scent and it seems like it gets rid of the odor, my puppy has not been drawn back to the previous places she's gone before and when I come home after being gone I don't smell any unpleasant urine odor. She is just about trained now but she still has an occasional slip. This has helped me with the training process by making the stains easier to clean.