OWC USB-C Dock, 10 port, designed for MacBook-Silver w/ HDMI
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Five USB Ports: (2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Standard-A , 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Standard-A high power, 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C), (1) HDMI 1.4b, (1) SD Card Slot, (1) Gigabit Ethernet, (1) 3.5 mm Audio Input/Output
- 5 USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports allow you to reconnect and charge devices, the Gigabit Ethernet, HDMI and combo audio ports combined with an SD card reader allows for even more connectivity (HDMI 1.4b, for connecting added display to HDMI 1.4b compatible screen). The OWC USB-C dock provides up to 60W to charge your computer through the USB Type-C
- Includes OWC USB-C 10-port Dock, 0.5 Meter (18") USB Type-C cable, External power supply and power cable OWC User Guide, OWC 2 Year Limited Warranty
- MacBook Pro (13-inch Touch Late 2016) (October, 2016) Model ID: MacBookPro13,2: 2.9GHz, 3.1GHz, 3.3GHz; MacBook Pro (13-inch Retina display Late 2016) (October, 2016) Model ID: MacBookPro13,1: 2.0GHz, 2.4GHz; MacBook (12-inch Retina Display 2016) (April, 2016) Model ID: MacBook9,1: 1.1GHz, 1.2GHz, 1.3GHz; MacBook (12-inch Retina Display 2015) (April, 2015) Model ID: MacBook8,1: 1.1GHz, 1.2GHz, 1.3GHz; PC Laptops: Compatible with Windows/Chrome OS/Linux based PCs with USB Type-C ports.
- NOT COMPATIBLE with MacBook Pro (15-inch Touch Late 2016) (October, 2016) Model ID: MacBookPro13,3: 2.6GHz, 2.7GHz, 2.9GHz
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
OWC USB-C Dock, 10 port, designed for MacBook-Silver w/ HDMI
Reconnect your devices to your USB-C equipped computer with the OWC USB-C Dock. The full-featured connectivity companion you've been waiting for. Add ten ports with just one USB-C cable. Reconnect to your workflow, to your business, to your desktop and to your life.
Ports For Every Piece of the Puzzle
Featuring 10 ports, USB-C Dock brings the connectivity you need back into your day-to-day. Complete with five USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports - including two high-power charging ports and one USB-C port - you can reconnect and charge your current and future devices. The USB-C Dock also features Gigabit Ethernet, HDMI and combo audio ports along with an SD card reader for even more connectivity.
Designed Better From Inspiration to Implementation
OWC USB-C Dock was designed to deliver the ultimate connectivity companion in both function and form. And with a choice of colors, USB-C Dock matches your style. An aluminum chassis completes the design story, so your dock is robust enough to handle your life, wherever it takes you.
Reliability and Support You Can Count On
Like all OWC products, USB-C Dock is designed and built from the ground up to the highest standards of quality, reliability and performance. It's rigorously tested and backed by OWC's award winning 24/7 customer support team.
Model ID: MacBookPro14,3 Model ID: MacBookPro14,2 Model ID: MacBookPro14,1 Model ID: MacBookPro13,3 Model ID: MacBookPro13,2
Model ID: MacBookPro13,1 Model ID: MacBook10,1 Model ID: MacBook9,1 Model ID: MacBook8,1 C
Compatible with Windows/Chrome OS/Linux based PCs with USB Type-C ports.
Available Port Types
- 1 SD Card Slot
- 1 3.5mm Combo Audio Port (microphone or headphones supported)
- 4 USB 3.1 Gen1 Standard-A Ports (2 high-powered charging ports)
- 1 USB 3.1 Gen1 Type-C Port
- 1 USB 3.1 Gen1 Type-C Computer Link
- 1 Gigabit Ethernet Port
- 1 HDMI 1.4b Port
- Up to 4K/30Hz resolution via mini DisplayPort connection
A built-in USB-C connection is required to use the HDMI port on the dock. The HDMI port will not function if the USB-C connection on the computer is provided by a PCIe card.
Pure Power Completes the Picture
Connectivity is only part of the solution. Of course, the OWC USB-C dock provides ample power alongside connectivity, delivering 80W of power to your connected devices, including up to 60W to charge your computer. You'll never have to worry about juggling between connectivity and a dead battery again. Computers that charge through the USB Type-C Computer Link port and require a power supply larger than 60W may charge more slowly or not at
- OWC USB-C Dock
- 0.5 m (18 inches) USB Type-C Cable
- External power supply and power cable
- USB-C Dock mDP User Guide
- USB 3.0 - OS X 10.10 or later
- OS X 10.10 or later1
- Windows 10 or later (PC or Boot Camp)
Ethernet driver required for Mac hosts.
- Driver not required for Windows 10 or later (PC or Boot Camp)
- Mac or PC featuring a built-in USB Type-C interface2
- SD Card reader is compatible with SD, SDHC, SDXC up to 2TB
- SD Card reader is compatible with UHS-1 (Ultra High Speed) up to 70MB/s
The Apple SuperDrive is not currently supported through the USB-C Dock.
2017 MacBook and MacBook Pro models are compatible but have a known issue relating to the dock's power connection. If a connection is made to the dock and the ports on the dock are not recognizing connected devices afterward, unplug the dock's power cable and then reconnect it. NOTICE: A built-in USB-C connection is required to use the Mini DisplayPort; it will not function if the USB-C connection is provided by a PCIe card.
MacBook Pro (Late 2016) 15-inch with Touch Bar is currently not compatible with the OWC USB-C dock.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. The USB port on the dock will not work with an Apple USB SuperDrive. My older Apple dongle works perfectly with the SuperDrive. This means that the dock cannot be used with DVDs and CDs. For me, that is fatal flaw.
2. The dock reduces the refresh rate for my display. I'm using a Dell display for my MacBook, and the refresh rate with the Apple dongle is 60 hertz, and with the dock it is reduced to 50 hertz.
3. Speaker output is very noisy when the dock is unplugged. I would like to leave my speakers plugged into the dock when I unplug it, but I can't because the dock produces a loud hum. So instead of simply unplugging the dock from the computer, I have to also unplug the speakers.
4. The ethernet port requires an additional driver. The instructions state that the ethernet port will operate without a driver if the MacBook is not asleep, but that is not correct. This is not a major problem, as it's easy to install the driver.
I bought four of these to outfit my setup. Then I got busy and the return period lapsed (shame on me). So, I tried one. It worked fairly well on setup. I thought, great! Then the problems began. To actually get it working when MacBook is sleeping, I have to unplug the dock, then plug it back in. Then open the MacBook until the display switches on. Then I have to unplug the dock again, then plug it back in (sometimes I have to do this twice). Finally I can close my MacBook, and then things seem to work. Freaking stupid and defeats the purpose of my desired setup.
Another ridiculous thing- at some point every night, it just disengages from power and uses up the battery. Usually I am at 50% in the morning. Stupid.
I then thought I had a bad one, so I tried one of the others I bought. Same drill though. These are just terrible devices.
Also, the USB-C cord they supplied is stupid short. The whole idea is to tuck the dock away, and have a nice sleek area that you can just plug a cord in. With this dock it needs to be within a foot of the computer.
In the end, the best option is to just use Apple’s dongle. It works all the time. It’s also a lot cheaper than this.
I hate myself for buying this.
Most recent customer reviews
BE VERY CLEAR, THIS ONLY WORKS ON 30hz MONITORS!!Read more
After loosing hours chatting, I tried to upgrade firmware. There were no updates if I used OS!!!Read more