Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Package Quantity: 1|Size: 6"x1"x1"|Change

Showing 1-10 of 621 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 668 reviews
on July 3, 2017
My wife and I really like OXO products. We already had a bottle opener, but we needed something to open Film Canisters.

In case you don't know, the opening of Black and White film canisters is done completely in the dark (since B&W Film is sensitive to red light), so something that is usable by feel (and not by sight) is extremely important.

I like that this particular can opener is made of one piece of metal, so no snapping off while we are in the Darkroom, and it has a little comfort grip (which is important if you have water or developer or fixer on your hands from previous sessions... or are just sweaty and nervous because you are still getting the hang of loading film canisters in the dark).

This little can opener is great; it does its job, and while we may not need to buy another one ever, since the build quality is fantastic, we would buy this again.
on April 14, 2015
Feels like a nice solid kitchen tool...then you try to tap a can. I agree with many other 1 and 2 star reviews, there is a simple design flaw. The lower latch does not stay on the bottom lip of the can once you begin to tap. Results in a small opening, slippage from the can, a potential mess/spill. Instead of returning I attempted to modify the angle of the opener by bending the metal in various degrees, no difference. The bottom latch is missing a simple and small catch or an "L" shape hook that allows the opener to stay put throughout the entire opening process. A simple tool but doesn't work as it should, at least not for me and the daily can of infant formula I need to open. The cheap dollar store version has now become our only option. They bend a little but they do the trick. I had much hire hopes for the OXO product. Maybe I just got a defect?
on July 2, 2017
I don't know why it is so difficult to find a good, simple bottle opener-- even on Amazon. This one in particular works WAY better than a can opener that has a bottle opener included as part of the handle, and it feels very solid. Everything I have purchased made by OXO so far has been very reliable, and the ease of gripping seems to be the brand's specialty. I ended up buying three of these in total, and scattered them around the kitchen because I got tired of not being able to find a bottle opener that isn't a pain in the ass to use every time (like the ones that are attached to can openers.)
on April 22, 2015
Impressive design you can leave out on the table, in the sink, or on the bar. Ergonomic feel. This is the nicest bottle and can opener I have ever owned. I searched long and hard for this unit. Why not treat yourself to the best? I did your homework for you! You'll love this unit as much as I do. It's thick, heavy duty construction makes you feel like you're using a real tool. not some toy. This won't rust if you leave it in the sink, either. Single piece construction creates no wobble or swivel issues. Feels very solid in your hand, and functions perfectly well. One nice feature is the pull-up or pull-down reversible bottle cap opener. You can use it like a normal opener by holding it down and pulling the bottle cap upward. Or, you can hold it upwards and pull down by using the opposite side of the opener on the cap. It's a fun little move, if you've never made it before. And, somehow, it makes you look professional. LOL Try it!
on January 16, 2015
This is the worst can opener I've ever owned. The can-piercing end is almost totally incapable of grabbing onto the edge of a can firmly enough to let you push down and pierce the lid. I can only think that most people who reviewed this item used it mainly for bottle caps. It's sturdy, as you'd expect from OXO, but that's the only good thing I can say about what should've been an easy tool to build.
When I first purchased this, I really liked it and wrote a 5 star review. Less than 2 months later, I am really disappointed. So this is an edited review. The little prong on the underside of the pointed end has become warped in such a way that it no longer grasps the edge of the can. Therefore, it does not allow me to puncture the can. This is what I purchased it for. I did not really need the other end, but this had such good reviews, I thought it would be worth purchasing. Not so much....I would not recommend it.
VINE VOICEon January 18, 2015
I do wish these bottle oepner had a magnet so I could stick them on my fridge, but alas, they must be found in my kitchen drawer, not an easy task when a bottle opener or punch for a can of evaporated milk is necessary. Otherwise they appear to be very well made, fit the hand very well and do the job that can openers are intended to do.
on August 21, 2017
This beautiful tool is fun to own and to use. At least it is fun to use it to remove bottle caps. It is now very good at opening beer cans by punching triangular holes. I have yet to attempt to sharpen the edges of the punch, but mostly use the tool to remove bottle caps and am completely pleased with that function.
on July 2, 2017
High quality stainless steel, feels good in your hand and punctures easily. Haven't had to use the opposite end, but suspect
it will flip off a bottle cap with no difficulty. Hard to find things to say about a bottle & can opener other than I like it a lot
better than my small, old unknown metal one.
on April 7, 2017
The tab that hooks onto the rim of the can is straight so it cannot grip the can. Therefore you can't puncture the can. I tried a variety of cans...none worked. I tossed it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.