Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "OXO Good Grips Anniversary Edition Uplift Tea Kett...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 37% off the $79.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
OXO Good Grips Anniversary Edition Uplift Tea Kettle, Brushed Stainless Steel
|Price:||$79.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Natural cork handles help to resist heat
- Spout opens automatically when Kettle is lifted
- Loud whistle signals when water is ready
- Large lid opening for convenient filling and cleaning
- High-grade stainless steel and zinc construction guards against rust
- 2-quart capacity
- Not compatible with induction stovetops
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Compare to Similar Items
This item: OXO Good Grips Anniversary Edition Uplift Tea Kettle, Brushed Stainless Steel
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Brushed Stainless Steel||Brushed Stainless||Silver||Brushed Stainless|
|Material||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
|Dimensions||9.5 inches x 8.25 inches x 8.25 inches||8.6 inches x 9.2 inches x 8.7 inches||9.75 inches x 8 inches x 9.75 inches||9.25 inches x 8.75 inches x 8.75 inches|
|Item Package Weight||3.3 pounds||3.15 pounds||2.25 pounds||2.35 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
OXO's Kettles – The Pressure is On
In 1998, OXO introduced its first Tea Kettle. Safety and practicality were the guiding principles during the development process, and our little Kettle came complete with an innovative steam shield.
Through user feedback, we realized we missed a key consumer insight – that a Tea Kettle, while a practical kitchen tool, is often a centerpiece in the kitchen. Users would leave them out on the stovetop when not in use and some even coordinated their entire kitchen decor around their Kettles. While the steam shield was innovative, it was considered by many to be unsightly (some likened it to the "Flying Nun"!).
In 1999, we corrected the aesthetic flaws to our otherwise safe, practical and well-performing Kettle with the Uplift. The kicker is that all of its elegant aesthetics came as a direct result of making the Uplift safe and easy to use.
The OXO Uplift Tea Kettle has an iconic shape that has become an instant American classic. It is the most requested OXO item used in propping television and movie sets. Look for it next time you watch "The Big Bang Theory!"
- Handles on tea kettles are positioned too close to the steam and hot water at the spout, making it uncomfortable while pouring
- Angle of kettle handles combined with weight of filled kettle make it difficult for users to lift and pour without straining wrists
- Fine motor skills required to open kettle trigger to pour hot water; difficult for many older users to maneuver
- Small opening on top makes it difficult to clean interior of kettle
- The quest for the perfect interaction point between the spout and the handle (so the kettle would not open when carried around filled with water, but would open easily when tipped forward) led us to the current connection between the spout and handle, one that resembles a splash of water.
- The same connection point was also designed to keep the spout open if the user chose, so that they could keep the Uplift's whistle quiet while boiling water, which is especially handy when preparing an early morning cup of tea.
- While designing an opening large enough to be easy to clean, we needed to ensure it wasn't so low as to limit the maximum water level, but we still needed to keep it in balance with the spout for aesthetic reasons.
- Through user research, we learned that steam would sometimes escape from the lid and unfortunately heat the handle, so we added a silicone seal to minimize any unintended heat transfer and keep the kettle safe and easy to use.
- Large, comfortable handle is angled away from the spout and is heat resistant and non-slip, even when wet
- Handle angle allows user to hold Kettle comfortably and without wrist strain, whether filled with water or nearly empty, by adjusting grip accordingly
- Whistle spout opens automatically when Kettle is tipped to pour – no awkward buttons or levers to press
- Wide opening on top of Kettle enables easy access for cleaning and can also be used as an opening to fill Kettle
The OXO Story:
In 1990, OXO staged a revolution (of sorts) by offering an easy-to-use, high-performing alternative to uncomfortable and ineffective kitchen gadgets. OXO's innovative take on the traditional Swivel Peeler, complete with its pudgy black handle, raised consumers' expectations of what could be expected from household products.
Today OXO offers over 800 products, each developed with a close (some might say "obsessive") attention to detail. Our goal is to deliver products that maximize comfort AND performance, illustrating our mission to create innovative consumer products that make everyday living easier.
Top Customer Reviews
So, I feel it's my responsibility, since I gave a somewhat negative review, to provide this update: I called up the company to complain that I was still using this tea kettle with no whistle and how do they respond? A brand new one just showed up at my door! Wow! Love the product, impressed with the customer service, I officially take my "Boo" back. :)
The mechanism for opening the pour-spout is a bit unusual; the entire handle lifts up and the spout cover lifts out of the way. This sounds kludgey, but actually works quite well. When I realized this, I thought it would be impossible to pick up the teakettle by the handle without accidentally popping it open. In fact, it's quite easy; I've never had it pop open accidentally.
The cork stays nicely cool even when the kettle boils.
The whistle is inoffensive, if not inspiring.
Given the choice, I would absolutely buy this again.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Such a great tea kettel!!!!! Looks fantastic, stainless stays clean, cork handle I love! Not too melodic as far as whistling, but that doesn't matter to me. Read morePublished 10 hours ago by S. K.
Looks good in the kitchen. Doesn't really whistle, but I actually like that.Published 2 days ago by Mike G
Bottom burned through and started leaking 14 months after purchase. Would definitely not buy again.Published 7 days ago by Michael H.
Bought b/c I felt the cork handle would pick up the golden colors in the backsplash tile, plus it's unique. It does and very beautifully. Read morePublished 13 days ago by S. Musicant
Nice look, pooring water without spilling, but.....whistle very weak. Can't hear it. I am very surprised OXO has not corrected it. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
I am glad I waited 4 1/2 months to post this review. The whistle on this kettle has stopped working. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Ms. Zoey
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
See the Top Rated cookware in our Cookware Reviews.