Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "OXO On Barista Brain 9 Cup Coffee Maker" and save 36% off the $199.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
OXO On Barista Brain 9 Cup Coffee Maker
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Microprocessor-controlled brew cycle replicates the pour-over method to produce 2-9 cups of SCAA-certified perfect coffee
- Water is heated and held at the perfect temperature for coffee (197.6-204.8 Degrees F)
- Rainmaker shower head evenly disperses water over coffee grounds for uniform saturation and full flavor extraction
- Intuitive LED interface features a backlit screen that displays the Coffee Maker status and freshness indicator
- A single dial allows you to program the number of cups and the 24-hour start timer
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Why OXO On?
A delicious cup of coffee is art and science combined; the art of extracting rich flavors and aromas from coffee beans, and the science of time and temperature colliding in just the right way, at just the right moment. The OXO On Barista Brain 9-Cup Coffee Maker replicates the pour-over method found at the best coffee shops at the touch of a button. With single-serve capability, a programmable wake-up timer, backlit display and more, you'll see why we named it after a barista when you take your first perfect sip.
Here’s a Good Tip: Like your coffee super hot? Be sure to pre-heat the carafe by filling it with hot water (and then emptying it) just before you brew. Cheers!
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Silver||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel/Black||Stainless Steel||Silver|
|Item Dimensions||15 x 8.3 x 17.2 in||6.8 x 12.4 x 12.2 in||9 x 7.75 x 14 in||7.41 x 9.26 x 13.78 in||8.2 x 15.2 x 17.3 in||14.68 x 7.56 x 15.91 in|
|Item Weight||7.7 lbs||6.13 lbs||8.75 lbs||5.29 lbs||11.5 lbs||11.8 lbs|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Plastic||Plastic||—||Stainless Steel|
A delicious cup of coffee is art and science combined; the art of extracting rich flavors and aromas from coffee beans and the science of time and temperature colliding in just the right way, at just the right moment. The OXO Barista Brain Coffee Maker heats water to the optimal temperature to help your favorite roast reach its full potential and precisely maintains the temperature throughout the entire brewing process. Water is pumped to the brew basket in perfectly timed cycles, starting with a short cycle that allows coffee to bloom for full flavor extraction. The intelligent microprocessor monitors time, temperature and volume from start to finish, ensuring the precision of hand-crafted coffee with the ease of ordering at your favorite local coffee shop. You choose the number of cups and we'll do the rest, creating a pot of perfection every time. The experts agree: Our Barista Brain Coffee Maker consistently brews gold-standard coffee from the first cup to the last, as certified by the Specialty Coffee Association of America (SCAA). NOTE: PRODUCT IS ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH 110V OUTLETS AND CANNOT BE USED WITH TRANSFORMERS. WARRANTY IS VOIDED OUTSIDE OF THE US. WARRANTY IS VOID OUTSIDE OF THE USA. The OXO Better Guarantee: If you experience an issue with your OXO product, get in touch with us for a repair or replacement. We’re grateful for the opportunity to learn from your experience, and we’ll make it better.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have been using the OXO Barista Brain 9 cup coffee maker for about 10 days now, and overall I am very happy with this purchase. I have owned Cuisinart, Zojirushi, Mr. Coffee, Hamilton Beach, DeLonghi, and Capresso coffee makers over the past 15 years. I use a high quality burr grinder for my beans, and only use beans that were roasted within the past two weeks. Here are my comments and observations after 10 days.
1. Controls are very easy to use, but I have not used the programmable timer feature. Setting the clock and brewing 2-4 or 5-9 cups is very simple and straightforward.
2. Overall construction seems to be fairly sturdy. The plastic parts seem to be a little bit stronger and stiffer than what is found on some cheaper coffee makers.
3. I like the appearance a lot. It has clean modern look, and a no nonsense style that works well in our kitchen.
4. The brewing temperature matches the OXO claims, and is noticeable hotter than the previous coffee maker I was using. It does seem to bring out more flavor than other recent brewers I have used.
5. The cycle does run exactly as described. A small amount of hot water is dispensed to soak the grounds, then after a short pause it continues on with brewing. 6-7 minutes for a full pot.
6. The shower head does a good job covering all the grounds when using 65g of coffee for a full pot. I do not feel any need to lift the lid and mix the grounds as I have with other coffee makers. However, for the obsessive types that feel the need to check, you can take a peek during brewing without disrupting anything.
7. The water tank will hold about 48 ounces when filled to the Max line, which is also about what a full to the top carafe will hold. The tank also has markings that are easy to read, and a large target area that is easy to pour into. After brewing with a tank filled to Max, I end up with about 43 or 44 ounces of coffee.
8. Carafe is easy to pour with the lid on, but kind of slow. There are no buttons to push or lid to twist in order to pour, just a flapper that opens with gravity when you tilt the carafe. With the lid off you can pour faster, but then the coffee does not stay in the pouring channel in the top of the carafe and can splash a bit more. I would have appreciated a wider pouring channel on the carafe, or maybe a more gradual transition at the edges of the channel.
9. The removable shower head and water delivery tubes are great for cleaning. Sometimes the grounds will “bloom” high enough to cover the shower head, and I also can already see mineral deposits collecting in there. Removal makes it easy to get all of this cleaned, which to me seems like a critical component of making a long lasting coffee maker.
10. When I open the lid over the filter and grounds, water will run back out of the tube to the shower head and sometimes dribble onto the base or the counter. Putting a slight downhill angle on the water deliver tube would have prevented this, and also may have reduced the need for cleaning by leaving behind less water to dry out and leave deposits.
11. This coffee maker runs very quietly up until about the last cup of water, which is expected. Overall it is quieter than most, and does not have a loud annoying beep at the end of the cycle.
12. Watching the bubbles and hot water come up the center tube is kind of cool, and least for the first few days.
13. After 3 or 4 days I decided that the rubber “mixing” tube in the carafe kind of got in the way and so I stopped using it. There is no noticeable difference in the end result. If you are worried about the hottest coffee being stratified in a layer at the top, a quick slosh of the carafe should take care of that.
14. The scoop provided by Oxo holds about 10 grams per scoop, so if you follow their recommendations for quantity of scoops, you will end up with more coffee than they state in the manual. I have continued using my previous scoop, and use about 65 grams for a full 9 cup pot.
I would say that Oxo not only made a coffee maker that brews like it is supposed to, but they did a good job reading all the reviews out there and addressing most of the seemingly simple but often overlooked little annoyances. It should be common sense that you don’t want water or coffee to dribble on your countertops, the coffee should be brewed hot and stay hot, all the grounds must be saturated, and that parts will get grubby and need to be cleaned. You don’t even need to have a Barista brain to figure this much out.
If this coffee maker keeps making good coffee for me for the next 4 or 5 years, it will be the best money I have invested in a coffee maker so far, and worth the $200 price.
I have had and used this coffee machine for a few weeks now and so far very happy with it. Very simply designed and easy to use and clean.
It is fairly quite and the design/height fits well in my kitchen.
The carafe is designed well which prevents spills and also comes with an optional "straw" insert which allows coffee to pour out from bottom first.
The coffee tastes great (I use fresh grind each morning) and the carafe seems to keep it warm for hours, although I have not kept coffee long enough to find out how long it stays warm throughout the day.
I used the natural filters that come with the machine for a few days and then switched over to a separate Medelco #4 Cone Permanent Coffee Filter. The coffee machine seems to stop every now and then, so I'm going to go back to the paper filters and see if it reacts better and look into other permanent coffee filters if so.
Overall, very impressed with this one!
You MUST grind your own coffee beans with a burr grinder if you want the best tasting coffee. Using previously ground coffee does not give you the benefit of having good coffee
Most recent customer reviews
HOWEVER, the clock is highly sensitive to power fluctuations (you can see other reviews describing this problem).Read more