OXO On Barista Brain 12 Cup Coffee Maker with Removable Kettle
|Price:||$299.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- NOTE:Kindly review the videos under the image section and user manual under product details and troubleshooting under product descrption for set up and user guidance.
- Microprocessor-controlled brew cycle makes 4-12 cups of SCA-certified perfect coffee. Does not make individual cups.
- Backlit screen and one-dial intuitive LED interface features coffee/tea cup selection, 24-hour programmable brew-start, freshness timer, and more.
- Water is heated and held at the perfect temperature for coffee (197.6-204.8 Degrees F) or your preferred temperature for tea (175-212 Degrees F).
- Rainmaker Shower Head evenly disperses water over coffee grounds for uniform saturation and internal scale regulates water volume for optimal flavor extraction.Kettle is made of durable, BPA-free borosilicate glass for the purest taste
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
What’s a Barista Brain?
A delicious cup of coffee is art and science combined; the art of extracting rich flavors and aromas from coffee beans, and the science of time and temperature colliding in just the right way, at just the right moment.
The OXO On Barista Brain 12-Cup Coffee Maker with Removable Kettle heats water in the removable kettle to the optimal temperature to help your favorite roast reach its full potential, and precisely maintains the temperature throughout the entire brewing process.The smart microprocessor (Barista Brain!) monitors time, temperature and volume from start to finish, ensuring the precision of hand-crafted coffee with the ease of ordering at your favorite local coffee shop.
Water is measured by an integrated scale and pumped to the brew basket in perfectly timed cycles, starting with a short cycle that allows coffee to bloom for full flavor extraction. With a programmable wake-up timer, backlit display, integrated adjustable temperature Kettle for tea, and more, you'll see why we named it after a barista when you take your first perfect sip.
Here’s a Good Tip: Like your coffee extra hot? Be sure to pre-heat the carafe by filling it with hot water (and then emptying it) just before you brew. Cheers!
Compare to similar items
This item OXO On Barista Brain 12 Cup Coffee Maker with Removable Kettle
|Price||$299.95||$199.95||$126.99||$299.99||Add to cart to see price. Why?||$199.95|
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Silver||Silver||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Onyx Black||Stainless Steel|
|Item Dimensions||14.68 x 7.56 x 15.91 in||14.17 x 6.73 x 15.24 in||6.8 x 12.4 x 12.2 in||9.5 x 17.5 x 19 in||8.7 x 11.3 x 15.1 in||8.2 x 15.2 x 17.3 in|
|Item Weight||11.8 lbs||7.7 lbs||6.13 lbs||16.1 lbs||7.6 lbs||11.5 lbs|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||—||Plastic||—|
A delicious cup of coffee is art and science combined: the art of rich flavors and aromas and the science of time and temperature colliding in just the right way, at just the right moment. With an internal scale, intuitive interface and timer, this Coffee Brewing System gives you the precision of hand-crafted coffee with the ease of ordering at your favorite local coffee shop. You choose the number of cups and we'll do the rest, providing a pot of perfection every time. The experts agree: Our Barista Brain Coffee Brewing System is the first in-home 12 cup coffee maker to brew gold-standard coffee from the first cup to the last, as certified by the Specialty Coffee Association of America (SCAA). And tea, too! Just remove the kettle and pour hot water over your favorite leaves. NOTE: PRODUCT IS ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH 110V OUTLETS AND CANNOT BE USED WITH TRANSFORMERS. WARRANTY IS VOID OUTSIDE OF THE USA.
By OXO The 12-Cup Coffee Maker is extremely precise and takes into account a number of factors during the brew process, including the boiling temperature at your specific altitude. If you don’t know the boiling temperature where you live, don’t worry – we have a handy tool that can help! https://www.oxo.com/boiling-point.phtml/
Top customer reviews
Now to the good. This unit is beautiful and the water kettle feature works really well. It looks like something that belongs in a science lab (my husband even teased me for setting up a chemistry set in the kitchen). I love the idea of two appliances in one. We are a family in which some drink coffee, some drink tea or cocoa, and often instant oatmeal is eaten for breakfast. I was tired of having a kettle, coffee pot, and thermal carafe all on the counter so loved the notion that this could replace them all. My kids loved setting the water temperature so their cocoa would be hot yet drinkable. I love the simple controls. I love the fact that it could be programmed to make coffee or warm water (or both!) at a certain time of day. However twice while we had it (about 10 days) we awoke to find it did not brew coffee and had the descale light illuminated. After descaling the machine, it worked for another couple days and then the light came on again. I was using filtered, softened water so either it's a very finicky machine or something was wrong with this particular one. Either way it came down to the question of "Does it make a good cup of coffee?" and for us, the answer was "no".
1. The manual is difficult to see/read. Most of the text is very small and hard to read. Solution: double the size of everything.
2. The LED interface is difficult to read. IF YOU LOOK AT IT WHILE STANDING AND THE MACHINE IS ON A COUNTER TOP, the tops of the characters on the display are below the top edge of the opening in the machine for the display screen, chopping off the tops of the characters as you view them. Thus a 7 looks like a 1, etc. Poorly designed.
3. Water would not heat above 208 even though I set the machine for 212. The OXO site told me to set the machine for 210 due to the elevation of my zip code (OXO says about 900’ where I live). I set for 210 and still got only a max of 208 in actual use. Additionally, the Descale warning (!) light came on after about 2 days. I reset the machine for 208 and the problems went away. My guess is that the machine thinks since it cannot reach the temp you have set, it must need descaling. I did not notice anything about this in the manual. It took me a couple of days to figure this out and I was going to return the machine. Glad I did not. Under SETTING THE BOILING POINT add a note to set it 2 degrees lower (1 or 2 tries may be needed) to see if that makes the Descaling warning go out.
4. In the brew basket, there is a rubber “slide” that appears to help direct the water into the rainmaker shower head and direct any overflow into the filter basket. I have noticed that I can place the removeable filter basket into the main cup and the slide will not always pop out into the proper position to channel any hot water into the basket. I handle this by simply pushing the rubber slide a little and it pops over the plastic filter holder and directs the water properly into the brewing area. I don’t know how much water would flow outside the plastic filter basket if I failed to do this but I doubt very much, but maybe enough to change the taste of your favorite coffee a little. Engineering: lowering the notch in the removeable brew basket a millimeter (or less) would probably correct the problem.
5. The LED interface, dial and OXO button is not exactly intuitive. Consider adding a single-purpose button or 2.
I think this machine is nearly perfect and none of the flaws I mentioned make me want to return it or even try another brand. I like the 12-cup size, wife and I drink a pot a day. I like the removeable water kettle, no more hidden water tank with who-knows-what hiding inside. The pot pours perfectly without dripping and holds coffee hot for hours. Now that I have it working and understand it, I love the coffee.