OXO On Barista Brain 12 Cup Coffee Maker with Removable Kettle
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- NOTE:Kindly review the videos under the image section and user manual under product details and troubleshooting under product descrption for set up and user guidance.
- Microprocessor-controlled brew cycle makes 4-12 cups of SCA-certified perfect coffee. Does not make individual cups.
- Backlit screen and one-dial intuitive LED interface features coffee/tea cup selection, 24-hour programmable brew-start, freshness timer, and more.
- Water is heated and held at the perfect temperature for coffee (197.6-204.8 Degrees F) or your preferred temperature for tea (175-212 Degrees F).
- Rainmaker Shower Head evenly disperses water over coffee grounds for uniform saturation and internal scale regulates water volume for optimal flavor extraction.Kettle is made of durable, BPA-free borosilicate glass for the purest taste
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
What’s a Barista Brain?
A delicious cup of coffee is art and science combined; the art of extracting rich flavors and aromas from coffee beans, and the science of time and temperature colliding in just the right way, at just the right moment.
The OXO On Barista Brain 12-Cup Coffee Maker with Removable Kettle heats water in the removable kettle to the optimal temperature to help your favorite roast reach its full potential, and precisely maintains the temperature throughout the entire brewing process.The smart microprocessor (Barista Brain!) monitors time, temperature and volume from start to finish, ensuring the precision of hand-crafted coffee with the ease of ordering at your favorite local coffee shop.
Water is measured by an integrated scale and pumped to the brew basket in perfectly timed cycles, starting with a short cycle that allows coffee to bloom for full flavor extraction. With a programmable wake-up timer, backlit display, integrated adjustable temperature Kettle for tea, and more, you'll see why we named it after a barista when you take your first perfect sip.
Here’s a Good Tip: Like your coffee extra hot? Be sure to pre-heat the carafe by filling it with hot water (and then emptying it) just before you brew. Cheers!
Compare with similar items
OXO On Barista Brain 9 Cup Coffee Maker
Behmor 5393 Brazen Plus Temperature Control Coffee Maker
OXO On Barista Brain 9 Cup Coffee Maker (with 4 Ounce Silver Canyon Coffee)
Bonavita BV1900TS 8-Cup Carafe Coffee Brewer, Stainless Steel
Technivorm Moccamaster 79112 KBT Polished Silver
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Silver||Silver||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Polished Silver|
|Item Dimensions||14.68 x 7.56 x 15.91 in||15 x 8.3 x 17.2 in||9 x 9 x 15.25 in||8.2 x 15.2 x 17.3 in||6.8 x 12.4 x 12.2 in||12.2 x 7.1 x 15.4 in|
|Item Weight||11.8 lbs||7.7 lbs||10 lbs||11.5 lbs||6.13 lbs||6.5 lbs|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||—||Stainless Steel||Aluminum|
A delicious cup of coffee is art and science combined: the art of rich flavors and aromas and the science of time and temperature colliding in just the right way, at just the right moment. With an internal scale, intuitive interface and timer, this Coffee Brewing System gives you the precision of hand-crafted coffee with the ease of ordering at your favorite local coffee shop. You choose the number of cups and we'll do the rest, providing a pot of perfection every time. The experts agree: Our Barista Brain Coffee Brewing System is the first in-home 12 cup coffee maker to brew gold-standard coffee from the first cup to the last, as certified by the Specialty Coffee Association of America (SCAA). And tea, too! Just remove the kettle and pour hot water over your favorite leaves. NOTE: PRODUCT IS ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH 110V OUTLETS AND CANNOT BE USED WITH TRANSFORMERS. WARRANTY IS VOID OUTSIDE OF THE USA.
By OXO The 12-Cup Coffee Maker is extremely precise and takes into account a number of factors during the brew process, including the boiling temperature at your specific altitude. If you don’t know the boiling temperature where you live, don’t worry – we have a handy tool that can help! https://www.oxo.com/boiling-point.phtml/
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
When this thing worked, it was great. The coffee tasted wonderful and it kept is really warm. It did take a while to boil, but we are at a higher elevation. If OXO can work out the bugs on the descaler and not make the boiling point so sensitive to altitude, I would buy it again. It's just that the problems were starting and I was not in a mood to spend $30 a week on descaling solution. And when I don't have coffee waiting for me in the morning, I'm pretty cranky! I've purchased a Bonavita, which was our second choice when doing research, and I'm waiting for it to arrive. I hope it does well.
Update: I got a response from OXO customer service with this reset procedure:
1. Empty the water reservoir and carafe and put them back
2. Unplug the machine
3. Hold down the button while plugging the machine back in. Keep holding the button until the ring turns red then let go.
4. Some numbers will be displayed. Press the button again.
5. Unplug machine.
6. Plug the machine back in but don't hold the button this time.
7. Use the button to set 12/24hr clock, time, F/C, and boiling temp. Make sure to choose the right boiling temp for your altitude (check the manual).
Since doing that it's worked for the past few days so I have some hope that it's resolved. Why wouldn't they put this procedure in the manual since failures of this sort appear to be very common.
Most recent customer reviews
Our glass kettle is the issue. It leaks just enough water from the handle at the bottom to get under the bottom and set off the stupid sensors and give you...Read more