Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "OXO On Cordless Glass Adjustable Temperature Elect...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 19% off the $99.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
OXO On Cordless Glass Adjustable Temperature Electric Kettle, Stainless Steel
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Kettle boils up to 1.75 L of water faster than the microwave and safer than the stovetop, and water is heated and held for 30 minutes at your preferred temperature for tea or coffee (170-212)
- The backlit screen and one-dial interface allow you to easily choose the exact temperature in Degree Fahrenheit or Celsius, and let you know when chosen temperature is reached
- Durable, BPA-free borosilicate glass for thermal shock protection and water level visibility
- Kettle is cord-free for easy transport when removed from 360 Degree swivel base, and has convenient ounce and milliliter markings allowing for precise measuring
- Non-slip, comfortable handle provides a secure grip and remains cool to the touch, and lid opens slowly to control the release of steam and prevent hot water splatter
- Reusable, perforated stainless steel filter strains water while you pour and is removable for easy cleaning
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the Manufacturer
Boil water to your precise preference
Get ultimate temperature control with the OXO On Clarity Adjustable Temperature Kettle. Simply twist the knob to set the exact temperature you want for your tea or coffee. Choose any temperature between 170° and 212°F, and the water is heated and held at that temperature for up to 30 minutes. The BPA-free 1.75L Kettle boasts other thoughtful features including auto shut-off for safety, a removable stainless steel filter, and borosilicate glass to provide thermal shock protection.The generous opening makes filling easy, the handle’s secure grip stays cool to the touch, the soft-open lid slowly releases steam to prevent splatter and the cord wraps around the base for compact storage.
Compare to similar items
This item OXO On Cordless Glass Adjustable Temperature Electric Kettle, Stainless Steel
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||8 x 8 x 12.5 in||9.75 x 8.25 x 12 in||9 x 9 x 12.25 in||9.6 x 10.1 x 7.5 in|
|Material Type||Glass||Stainless Steel||Glass||18/8 Steel|
Different teas require different water temperatures. White and green teas are best brewed at 175 Degree F, while herbal should be steeped at a steaming 208 . Oolong prefers 195 , and black tea 200 . And don't forget about coffee! Pour-over, for example, requires 196 - 204 for perfection. With the Clarity Adjustable Temperature Kettle, you can select the precise temperature for your tea or coffee by simply twisting the knob. The crystal-clear, BPA-free borosilicate glass ensures a pure, clean taste that won't interfere with flavors and aromas. No matter your cup of tea, the Clarity Kettle provides a pure and enjoyable experience.
Top Customer Reviews
I drink tea pretty much all day long while I work. This kettle brought the fun back into the tea-making ritual. Initially I was just attracted by the claim that it's faster than stove/microwave (which, I am quite happy to say, it is) and that it has measurements on the side so I can see how much water is inside. But I quickly came to really like 2 other aspects.
First that it's much quieter than either our stove top kettle or microwave. The only sound is the murmur or rumble of boiling water. I'm not sure why it's quieter than our stove-top kettle. I guess because it's made of sturdier material than the tin-sheet stove kettle.
Secondly (and unexpectedly) was the fact that it's clear. The marketing materials make a big deal about the clarity but I didn't think much of it until I saw it. It's beautiful and mesmerizing to watch the water boiling water in this kettle. It's strangely invigorating and satisfying to pick it up while it's still boiling like that and pour it out bubbles and all into your awaiting tea mug. Kind of like the same thrill of eating veggies from you own garden.
I've noticed I don't bother leaving the kitchen anymore when making my tea...it's quick and fun to watch.
Oh, and the cord wrap thing is pretty nice. Our kitchen counter is rather crowded so an extra cord getting in the way of everything would be a pain. This thing allows you to extend only as much cord as you need. Thank you oxo!
I would also like to point out that this unit is much larger than I expected and wish it were a bit more compact (or at least not as tall), but I understand for most people this would be a "plus". One last thing, which is if you plan on using this kettle for a pour over coffee maker such as the Hario or Chemex, you are going to have problems because the water does not pour out as evenly and precisely as you will need it to.
Overall I would say this is probably one of the best electric kettles on the market in terms of quality.
* Quality construction. Overall very solid/well-made.
* Fast boiling (about 5 min for 60 oz/1.75 L).
* Large capacity
* Holds rolling-boil for about 20 seconds before shutting off (I like this)
* Sufficient room so water doesn't splash out of full kettle when at rolling boil (a problem with some kettles)
* Works as-expected for second/subsequent full-kettle boils (also a problem with some kettles that don't stay on because they're hot)
* Shuts off when lifted from plate (I like this, but others may not)
* BPA free. Very minimal water contact with petroleum-based products (nearly impossible to find electric kettle with no contact)
* Usable water level markings for both oz and L.
* Balance is good for pouring when full. Seems like I have good water flow control.
* Comfortable non-slip handle
* Good-size opening for filling
* Illuminated (blue) on/off lever is easy to see when on and makes audible "click" when it shuts off
* Filter screening itself seems well made and it appears water will mostly flow through it rather than around it (problem with other kettles)
* Somewhat loud (but, neither the loudest nor quietest I've used)
* Slightly taller than is typical for an electric kettle (normal circumference at base). Might be too big for small people/elderly.
* However minimal, there is water contact with petroleum-based products when boiling (seems like all electric kettles have this problem to some degree)
* Water level marks are sometimes hard to see, particularly when there's condensation in the kettle (slightly small, white on clear glass). Contrasting color might have been a better choice.
* On/off lever's attachment to the kettle seems like it might be a little flimsy
* Filter screen frame is all plastic, seems flimsy, and doesn't seat well in holder.
* Balance is not so great for pouring when water level is low (kettle is bottom heavy)
* I agree with other reviewer that you have to nearly tip the kettle upside-down to get all the water out of the kettle due to a lip/ledge inside where the glass and top part of the kettle meet.
* Tough to reach inside kettle to clean it. You will probably need a cleaning wand/brush.
* Price. Most I've every paid for an electric kettle.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
See the Top Rated cookware in our Cookware Reviews.