Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "OXO On Cordless Glass Electric Kettle, Stainless S..." and save 28% off the $89.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
OXO On Cordless Glass Electric Kettle, Stainless Steel
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Durable borosilicate glass provides thermal shock protection and a pure, clean taste
- Illuminated LED power switch lights up when Kettle is on and automatically turns off when water has reached a rolling boil Lid opens slowly to control the release of steam and prevent hot water splatter
- Kettle is cord-free when removed from the 360 Degree swivel base and has an insulated bottom for easy transport Non-slip, comfortable handle provides a secure grip and remains cool to the touch Cord wraps neatly around the base for compact, tidy storage
- Perforated stainless steel filter strains water while you pour and is removable for easy cleaning
- Kettle boils up to 175 L of water faster than the microwave and safer than the stovetop Features convenient ounce and milliliter markings allow for precise measuring
- Voltage is 120V/60Hz. Dimensions: 9" x 6.2" x 11.2"
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Boil water quickly, safely and beautifully
They say a watched pot never boils, but with stainless steel construction and crystal-clear borosilicate glass, it will be hard to look away.
The BPA-free 1.75L Cordless Glass Electric Kettle provides peace of mind through thoughtful details like an auto shut-off safety feature and borosilicate glass to provide thermal shock protection. A generous opening makes filling easy, and the handle’s secure grip stays cool to the touch. With a soft-open lid that slowly releases steam to prevent splatter and compact storage, it’s clear why Good Housekeeping and Cook’s Illustrated chose this electric Kettle as their top pick. Whether you’re making a delicious cup of hot chocolate or serving afternoon tea, the OXO On Clarity Kettle ensures a pure and enjoyable experience.
Compare with similar items
BREVO Double Wall Variable Temperature Electric Glass Kettle 1.7L 1500 Watt Fast Boiling Auto Shutoff Boil-Dry Protection for Coffee & Tea Brewing (with Improved Lid)
OXO On Cordless Glass Adjustable Temperature Electric Kettle, Stainless Steel
Breville USA BKE595XL The Crystal Clear Electric Kettle
Capresso 259.04 H2O Plus Water Kettle, Matte Silver, 48-Ounce
Molla Púro Cordless Glass Electric Water Kettle, Ultra Premium SCHOTT Glass
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Awesome Deal US||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Molla Home|
|Item Dimensions||6.26 x 9.02 x 11.22 in||6.3 x 8.86 x 9 in||8 x 8 x 12.5 in||9.63 x 8 x 13 in||8.25 x 6.5 x 10 in||9 x 9 x 12.25 in|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||Inner Glass+Outer Plastic||Glass||Glass||Chrome and glass||Glass|
They say a watched pot never boils, but with stainless steel construction and crystal-clear borosilicate glass, it will be hard to look away. The Clarity Kettle provides peace of mind through thoughtful details like an auto shut-off safety feature and BPA-free borosilicate glass to provide thermal shock protection. The Kettle features a generous opening for easy filling, a comfortable handle for a secure grip that stays cool to the touch, as well as a soft-open lid that releases steam and prevents splatter. Cordless convenience and elegant design allow the Kettle to move seamlessly between kitchen and table. Whether you're creating a delicious cup of hot chocolate or serving afternoon tea, the OXO Clarity Kettle provides a pure and enjoyable experience. NOTE: PRODUCT IS ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH 110V OUTLETS AND CANNOT BE USED WITH TRANSFORMERS. WARRANTY IS VOID OUTSIDE OF THE USA.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I drink tea pretty much all day long while I work. This kettle brought the fun back into the tea-making ritual. Initially I was just attracted by the claim that it's faster than stove/microwave (which, I am quite happy to say, it is) and that it has measurements on the side so I can see how much water is inside. But I quickly came to really like 2 other aspects.
First that it's much quieter than either our stove top kettle or microwave. The only sound is the murmur or rumble of boiling water. I'm not sure why it's quieter than our stove-top kettle. I guess because it's made of sturdier material than the tin-sheet stove kettle.
Secondly (and unexpectedly) was the fact that it's clear. The marketing materials make a big deal about the clarity but I didn't think much of it until I saw it. It's beautiful and mesmerizing to watch the water boiling water in this kettle. It's strangely invigorating and satisfying to pick it up while it's still boiling like that and pour it out bubbles and all into your awaiting tea mug. Kind of like the same thrill of eating veggies from you own garden.
I've noticed I don't bother leaving the kitchen anymore when making my tea...it's quick and fun to watch.
Oh, and the cord wrap thing is pretty nice. Our kitchen counter is rather crowded so an extra cord getting in the way of everything would be a pain. This thing allows you to extend only as much cord as you need. Thank you oxo!
I would also like to point out that this unit is much larger than I expected and wish it were a bit more compact (or at least not as tall), but I understand for most people this would be a "plus". One last thing, which is if you plan on using this kettle for a pour over coffee maker such as the Hario or Chemex, you are going to have problems because the water does not pour out as evenly and precisely as you will need it to.
Overall I would say this is probably one of the best electric kettles on the market in terms of quality.
Purchased Oct 2015. Used 7-days a week several times a day by two adults. Our last kettle died, so I purchased this one as a replacement based mostly on OXO's reputation (I'm a fan of OXO products). Very good so far. I've owned a fair number of these electric kettles over the years.
* Quality construction. Overall very solid/well-made.
* Fast boiling (about 5 min for 60 oz/1.75 L).
* Large capacity
* Holds rolling-boil for about 20 seconds before shutting off (I like this)
* Sufficient room so water doesn't splash out of full kettle when at rolling boil (a problem with some kettles)
* Works as-expected for second/subsequent full-kettle boils (also a problem with some kettles that don't stay on because they're hot)
* Shuts off when lifted from plate (I like this, but others may not)
* BPA free. Very minimal water contact with petroleum-based products (nearly impossible to find electric kettle with no contact)
* Usable water level markings for both oz and L.
* Balance is good for pouring when full. Seems like I have good water flow control.
* Comfortable non-slip handle
* Good-size opening for filling
* Illuminated (blue) on/off lever is easy to see when on and makes audible "click" when it shuts off
* Filter screening itself seems well made and it appears water will mostly flow through it rather than around it (problem with other kettles)
* Somewhat loud (but, neither the loudest nor quietest I've used)
* Slightly taller than is typical for an electric kettle (normal circumference at base). Might be too big for small people/elderly.
* However minimal, there is water contact with petroleum-based products when boiling (seems like all electric kettles have this problem to some degree)
* Water level marks are sometimes hard to see, particularly when there's condensation in the kettle (slightly small, white on clear glass). Contrasting color might have been a better choice.
* On/off lever's attachment to the kettle seems like it might be a little flimsy
* Filter screen frame is all plastic, seems flimsy, and doesn't seat well in holder.
* Balance is not so great for pouring when water level is low (kettle is bottom heavy)
* I agree with other reviewer that you have to nearly tip the kettle upside-down to get all the water out of the kettle due to a lip/ledge inside where the glass and top part of the kettle meet.
* Tough to reach inside kettle to clean it. You will probably need a cleaning wand/brush.
* Price. Most I've every paid for an electric kettle.