Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

OXO Good Grips Batter Bowl
Style Name: Batter Bowl|Change

on November 15, 2017
I love this bowl. I had one for years and then ruined it when I used it to catch drips for a month and it yellowed. I immediately ordered a new one. It's so much lighter than dealing with glass, the quality of the material is delightfully smooth to the touch, and the pour spout, handle, and rubber bottom make it perfect for mixing or stirring. I liked it so much I bought two other sizes of OXO mixing bowls.
on July 3, 2017
Who knew a batter bowl could be so exciting? My favorite melamine bowl broke - it was part of a set that was my mother's and I was very attached to it. Of the set, it was the size I used the most so I went looking for a replacement and saw this. The reviews were good and it looked to be the right size so I ordered it. It is exactly the right size and even stacks with the other bowls, but it is actually *better* than the bowl that broke. The handle is easier to grip and the pour spout is less drippy. I also think it would be difficult for my husband to break. ;) So in the end I guess he did me a favor by breaking the old one - I don't miss it at all!
on April 1, 2017
I have the OXO mixing bowls and they are great, so I thought this would be a good addition to the set and make pouring batter easier. This bowl has little "legs" on the bottom (the mixing bowls are flat) and one of the legs was shorter than the other two, making the bowl unstable. Don't know if that is typical of the design or a defect. I returned it.
Perfect size. Great shape. Love the handle and non slide bottom. Everything about this bowl just feels good. It's easy to mix stuff in it without anything spilling. It has measuring marks on the inside. This is literally the only mixing bowl I have in my kitchen. I haven't needed anything else. The only complaint I have is I wish it came in different colors.
Top Contributor: Petson October 15, 2015
A well thought out kitchen tool. There are measurement marks on the inside of the bowl that are engraved in the plastic and highlighted in red. It has a non-skid bottom with little 'feet' that keep it level. No need to worry that the bottom looks so round in the photo of the product. The handle is large and comfortable and is coated with the same non-skid coating as the bottom of the bowl. It is deep enough to avoid splatter whether you are using a portable had mixer OR a whisk. The best part is the spout. I use it to pour batter when making pancakes and hoecakes. This is made of heavy duty plastic and washes well either by hand or the dish washer. No problems so far. I feel this was money well spent!
on December 23, 2013
This batter bowl is great for preparing my perfect pancakes. I’ve read reviews that complain that the bowl is not wide enough to accommodate a hand mixer, but the fact is that using a mixer to prepare pancake batter defeats the goal of thick, light IHOP-type pancakes. Over-mixing causes the moisture to combine with the gluten in the flour to form glue that prevents the gas (formed by the baking soda) from letting the pancakes rise as they cook. So stir as little as possible to just incorporate the ingredients. The dimensions of this bowl allow you to easily “fold” the batter into itself. In other words, lumpy is good. This bowl also facilitates using a ladle to transfer the batter to the griddle, or pouring the batter directly onto the griddle. It is an excellent kitchen tool. Highly recommended.
on October 17, 2017
Really like this Batter bowl. The handle fits nicely in your hand. The bottom doesn't slip. It pours well. But my favorite thing is how well the measures are marked inside the bowl so you can see what your volume is. Makes this not only a good batter bowl, but suitable for use handling other liquids when you need a bigger measuring cup.
Top Contributor: Petson February 14, 2016
Love this bowl! Great for pancake batter or any other batter recipe. I was looking for a batter bowl similar to the old Rubbermaid version my mom used when I was growing up. This one is just as good if not better. I love the rubber on the bottom. Decreases fear the bowl will go flying off the counter if you don't hold onto it. This is a must when my 10 year old wants to help cook. Plastic is nonbreakable. Love that it is dishwasher safe. Great useful bowl. Highly recommended.
on February 21, 2018
A really amazing batter bowl! I was looking for something like my parents had when I was growing up. This was the closest I could find to those, but I think it’s way better! The bottom is grippy on the countertop so it doesn’t slide when you’re mixing, and the lines of measurement on the inside are bright and legible. Really love this batter bowl! Would recommend to others and even buy myself a second.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
VINE VOICEon April 25, 2009
This bowl is exactly what I was looking for. It is sturdy, has a non-skid bottom, the handle is wide and padded so it's easy to hold onto, and the size (2 quarts) is just right for mixing a moderate amount of ingredients. I just hate it when a bowl "takes off" across the counter, spilling contents everywhere, when you are trying to whip ingredients or stir vigorously. This one won't. I sure wish their 5 quart model had the same handle.
11 comment| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse