Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $7.25 shipping
+ Free Shipping
OXO Good Grips Box Grater,Silver,1EA
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Sharp, stainless steel blades for easy grating
- Coarse, medium and fine grating surfaces, and slicing surface
- Slim construction conveniently fits into drawers
- Attachable container for catching, measuring and storing freshly grated foods
- Soft, comfortable, non-slip grip
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
Spring Chef Stainless Steel Box Grater (Large)
Professional Box Grater, Stainless Steel with 4 Sides, Best for Parmesan Cheese, Vegetables, Ginger, XL Size, Black
OXO Etched Box Grater with Removable Zester, One size, Steel
KitchenAid Gourmet 4-Sided Stainless Steel Box Grater with Detachable Storage Container, Small, Black
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Spring Chef||Spring Chef||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
Oxo Box Grater
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Any-how, that is why I bought a mandoline, but that story is for another time. I have always like OXO. I have these big fat hands with sausage fingers and OXO actually provides a solid bit of kit here by giving me something to grip. Also, their quality always is on point. This one has a handy catch bucket with measuring cup markings. Although, I think OXO is just showing off with this contraption since I have yet to use the said catch bucket attachment. However, I have used the unit as I always have over the years. A must have for making sofrito for my paella.
First of all, this box grater has a slim profile, so it is easier to store. The most often used blades, coarse and medium are the wider surfaces at the front and back. The less often used fine and slicing surfaces are narrower and at the sides.
This is a sturdy object. The four cutting surfaces are made of durable stainless steel and the cutting surfaces are extremely sharp. The handle is plastic with a rubberized, non-slip grip. The bottom is rubberized and the grater rests solidly on a counter or cutting board.
There is a box container with printed side measurements and a detachable lid that fits into the bottom of the grater. This allows you to grate up to about a cup of food directly into the container. I thought this was a gimmick but I find it quite useful because the food is contained and measured at the same time.
The grater and container are top rack dishwasher safe.
Manufactured in China
The grater came with a plastic bin to catch items as you grate. This was by no means as sturdy or as useful as the grater and I suspect it might have gone to the land of lost socks--never to be seen again. Even without the container, though, the grater is worth more than the 5 stars I am permitted to give it.
As much as I like it there are a couple cons:
1. You have to grate over a plate or a cutting board, whatever you grate isn't very well contained and a good portion comes out around whatever you are grating. I don't remember this happening as much with our last grater, it's pretty messy and it's a little annoying.
2. The measuring cup is probably my favorite part about this product, but I dropped it a couple weeks after we bought it and it chipped immediately. We have hard floors but it's just a standard vinyl flooring, it's not particularly hard. I feel like it should have been a bit more sturdy. It's still usable though so it's not terrible.
It's not perfect but the measuring cup makes this a winner. If I could go back I might get the more expensive version personally, but I would still recommend this one.
Top reviews from other countries
Decided to go for this one as I have oxo brand potato masher and honestly can’t fault it. It’s so comfortable. This is well made and sturdy too. I don’t know that I’ll get much use from the plastic box. But nice to have that option.
It’s very sharp. Tell your kids to be careful when they wash up.
No, I don't work for OXO. Never touch the stuff. I'm vegetarian, living mostly off grated carrot, grated apple, grated cheese and grated nutmeg...