Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: OXO Good Grips Citrus Squeezer
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Ryley Walker Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

Package Quantity: 1|Size: A|Change

I've used a large variety of tools over the years to juice citrus, and I was excited when I learned of this tool. Not only is it by Oxo, a leader in kitchen gadget innovations, but Cooks Illustrated also rated it as the top method for juicing limes.

I'm happy to report it does indeed juice limes very well! People without a lot of forearm/wrist strength may have to brace the bottom handle of the squeezer on something, and all the juice doesn't drain out of the squeezer until you remove the spent half-lime (it could use a few more drain holes), but it's effortless for me and I don't get juice all over my hands like when I use a reamer. For a lime squeezer, I give it 5 stars.

For a lemon squeezer, it leaves something to be desired. Working with an average supermarket lemon, it doesn't squeeze out as much juice as a reamer would (leaving some still in the lemon, wasted), and worse, squeezing hard causes lemon juice to squirt out the side for a sticky mess to clean up. Still, it is easy to use, if not very effective, so for a lemon squeezer, it gets 3 stars.

Since this is marketed as a citrus squeezer and not a lime squeezer, I averaged my two ratings to award 4 stars. If you're going to use this tool for limes and only the occasional lemon, the Oxo Citrus Squeezer is an excellent buy.
22 comments| 207 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 13, 2005
I believe this is the same Oxo model I picked up at a local store. It extracts lemon or lime juice fairly well, but I have two complaints:

1. Longer handles would be helpful to provide better leverage;

2. The anodized aluminum surface picks up a difficult to clean visible residue each time it is used to squeeze lemons or limes. The odor stays on the press even after washed with vinegar and baking soda. I believe a stainless steel press might be better in this regard.

This is a very functional item for occasional home use but would be inadequate for heavy duty or professional service.
22 comments| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 10, 2005
This is a lovely juicer for lemons and limes. It juices them thoroughly without wearing out your hands. If you use lemons frequently, this is a great device. However, if you want to juice oranges, You will find it is too small for most of them and you will end up with juice all over the counter. The label on the piece of cardboard the squeezer was attached to specifies that it is for lemons and limes, but the Amazon description just says citrus.
11 comment| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2010
This product looks great and functions perfectly. The only problem is that the silver coat will wear off in a number of months use and leave a oily-black residue on your fruit. It's unbelievable that OXO hasn't taken steps to fix this issue as all their other products are very good. This happened on TWO units.

I purchased the Chef'n FreshForce Lime Juicer to replace it and it has been stellar! MUCH MUCH MUCH better product.
44 comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2007
When compared to other, less expensive squeezers (of the same type as the Progressive Metal Lime Squeezer), this squeezer just doesn't stand up. The simpler models do a better job squeezing the juice, are less prone to annoying (and sometimes painful!) squirts in the eye, and seem tougher than the OXO model.

Caveat: if you buy one of the simple squeezers, try to get one without the latex paint. It'll just come off anyway, probably in pieces.
VINE VOICEon June 4, 2009
Normally, I love things from Oxo Good Grips. Their kitchen tools all seem to work well and effectively and to resolve all those little issues that other brands of tools do not. However, this juicer is the exception. I used it twice and then gave it away. I tried lemons and limes and both times it left lots of juice and pulp in the fruit. So much so that I had to take my reamer and rejuice it. This citrus squeezer is very hard to squeeze closed and even though I work out several times a week and am pretty strong "for a girl", I found it hard to use. I am going back to my reamer or my good old fashioed glass saucer juicer that have worked so well for so long.
on October 11, 2014
Fake product knockoff. There is no OXO logo. Mine was white with a blue handle, different from the silver and black picture shown. The paint is uneven as if it still needed another coat or two.

Jeff Bezos and Amazon should focus on making sure they and their vendors actually sell what they say they are selling especially when a product ships prime from one of their own warehouses. This seems to be happening more and more lately...
review image review image
on March 8, 2007
I bought this in hopes that I could not break it like I had done to two previous lime/lemon squeezers and I have squeezed about 20 whole limes and not once did I believe that it was going to break. Can't complain about the price because that is what I paid for one of the ones that I broke.
on May 31, 2012
This squeezer feels very solid and worked well for me at first. It effectively squeezes the juice out of limes. To get all the juice out it takes two maneuvers: first, squeeze half a lime with the cut side down. Then fold the squeezed lime in half and squeeze again.

"What on earth is in my lime juice??"

I peered into my glass and wondered where all the dark particles might be coming from. Not from the lime!! I didn't mind when the non-stick finish wore off, after a few months of use. But now the aluminum is flaking off, after about two years of daily use. This morning I tossed my trusty squeezer into the trash, with a twinge of sadness. I have ordered a stainless steel squeezer of another brand as a replacement, with the hopes that it will last longer and be more hygenic. It is regrettable that Oxo does not manufacture this product from longer lasting materials. Citrus juice eats through aluminum.
on June 26, 2013
I purchased this exact juicer a couple of months ago at Target. First of all, I'm a bartender, and I love OXO bar products. Their jigger and strainer, for example, are definitely my preferred equipment. This juicer, however, should not be used for squeezing limes, primarily. It is better for larger fruits like lemons and oranges. When you try to squeeze a lime with this particular juicer, the juice squirts out the side, since there is a lot of empty space in the "bowl" of the press. I would recommend a juicer specifically made for limes, like the Norpro lime juicer, which I use at my bar. With the Norpro press, you can squeeze really fast, and virtually all of the juice goes right in the glass. Don't try to use it for a lemon, however, because it will barely fit in the press. I would definitely recommend buying an individual squeezer for each fruit you plan to use, to ensure that you are getting all of the juice out of the fruit efficiently. The OXO press, on the other hand, is billed as an all-in-one, so I'd only recommend it if you use it on rare occasions.