Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $4.59 shipping
OXO Good Grips Corn Peeler
|Price:||$9.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Blade is made of durable stainless steel
- Serrated vertical blade is ergonomic and easy to use
- Removes close to 5 rows off the cob at one time
- Blade cover protects blade and hands when not in use
- Dishwasher Safe
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The Oxo is OK, but I liked a Zyliss cutter better and now use it most of the time instead.
Every cutter I've tried has required practice to use well, so expect to go thru a half dozen ears before you get the hang of it. The Oxo cutter gets quite a bit of the corn off, generally doesn't cut your fingers, and has a removable protective cap to keep your fingers and the blade from meeting one another in the kitchen tools drawer.
The Zyliss is just a bit better in 3 key ways:
1) Given similar amounts of practice, I found it easier to control the cutting angle with the Zyliss. With the Oxo, even after lots of practice, I still found myself getting the blade stuck in the cob occasionally.
2) The Zyliss takes a bit more of each kernel off. WIth the Oxo I sometimes used to run my teeth over the cut cobs to eat what was left behind rather than wasting it. WIth the Zyliss there's almost nothing to eat.
3) The Zyliss seems sharper. Granted, it's newer, but I never recall the Oxo being quite so razor-sharp as the Zyliss.
Both are about equally easy to clean and store, and both handles are about equally comfortable.
I also tried one of the cylindrical cutters with 2 rods you push down with your hands to drive it down the cob. (like Norpro, but was another brand I can't find on Amazon) It was definitely faster than any other cutter I've tried, but it still got hung up in the cob about once per cob (and was nonetheless faster), and it left a *lot* corn still on each cob.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I freeze about 100 cups of corn a year and I was raised using a knife. I tried this this year after I had heard people talking about it and it worked excellent! Read morePublished 13 days ago by Mom2Boys
i like to make corn to freeze for winter chowder! I just cleaned 8 ears of corn with little issues!Published 17 days ago by erblst
makes quick work of freezing dozens of corn - safer than a knife - we love it!Published 22 days ago by Vickie Weaver
the distance from the Metal to the plastic is too small. It cuts your kernals in half instead of off. Read morePublished 29 days ago by Matthew Jones
I bought this for my wife and she loved it. She purchased one for both of our daughters as well. I highly recommend.Published 1 month ago by J. C. C.
SO easy to use. Cuts smooth and even my kids can do it! I love it so much I've gotten some for family!!!Published 1 month ago by Stephanie Johns