Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
OXO Good Grips Covered Ice Cube Tray
|Price:||$4.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Cover allows release of as many ice cubes as you want
- Cover lets you stack more Trays or other items on top
- Cover keeps ice cubes from absorbing freezer odors
- Innovative rounded ice cube shape releases easily
- Dishwasher safe
This item is available because of the Add-on program
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Only Release the Ice Cubes You Need
Have you ever tried to release just a few ice cubes from an ice cube tray only to have all the cubes tumble out? The OXO Good Grips Ice Cube Tray comes to the rescue. A unique, patented cover design lets you release as many ice cubes as you need.
OXO Good Grips Ice Cube Tray:
- Lidded ice cube tray with ergonomic grips
- Easy cube-release system works every time
- Cover reduces odor for fresher ice cubes
- Stackable design
Dimensions: Measures 1.5 in. x 12.63 in. x 5.5 in.
A Closer Look:The cover also makes it easy to stack multiple ice cube trays and eliminates freezer odor from permeating your cubes. The innovative rounded ice cubes release easily and the translucent cover lets you see when it's time to refill. Makes 14 cubes.
Take Care: Dishwasher safe.
About the Brand: OXO was born in 1990, the first group of 15 OXO Good Grips kitchen tools was introduced to the U.S. market. These ergonomically designed, trans-generational tools set a new standard for the industry and raised the bar of consumer expectation for comfort and performance.
Top Customer Reviews
The single biggest problem with this product is the tray cover. OXO started with a good idea: use a cover to keep the cubes fresh and to make it easy to remove just the cubes you want. Unfortunately, this tray's cover is so poorly designed that it's not nearly worth the trouble.
First, it's very difficult to remove the cover to get your ice cubes out. The cover supposed to slide off easily, but it usually gets stuck, because it doesn't fit properly and because little bits of ice easily obstruct the path.
Getting cubes out is bad enough, but the cover is even worse when you're filling the tray. Again, because it doesn't fit very well, it requires a lot of force to push the cover on. Inevitably, you'll have to force it into place and end up splashing a lot of the water out of the cube compartments. This makes your cubes smaller, and the splashed water freezes into little bits of ice that make the cover harder to get off later.
As for asthetics, the tray isn't as good as other OXO products either. It's missing their signature black-rubber grips and offers little else in return.
So, my recommendation is to wait for version 2 before you leap for this product. But, in the meantime, check out other Good Grips products. Fortunately, this product's poor design is an exception for OXO.
What sets these trays apart from others is the lid, which I've learned to both love and hate. I love the lid for one reason: in a frost-free freezer, it prevents ice cubes from evaporating over time. If you use your ice often, that isn't a problem, so I'd say the benefit of the lid to you is not worth the hassle. (More about that in a moment.) But if you're like me, and use ice infrequently, you'll no longer have the experience of reaching for a tray (usually when guests ask for ice) only to find that your cubes have mostly evaporated. Now I always have ice when I need it, even a couple of months after I've filled the tray. I'd say the lids also make for easier stacking.
And that, for me, makes it worth putting up with the negatives of this product mentioned in other reviews:
1) The lid is a pain to slide on and off--not a big deal after the cubes are frozen, but it can be a real mess-maker when you're filling trays. I now snap the lids on instead of sliding, but I still spill some water no matter how careful I am.
2) The cubes are on the smal/medium size, though some may find that to be a benefit.
Oxo has been taken to task for poor design on this tray, but I'm not sure that's the case. There just may not be a "better" way to put a lid on an ice tray that will protect again evaporation and freezer burn. If you don't see that protection as a benefit to you, then I'd strongly suggest buying a conventional tray. But if you do, then be prepared for the compromises that I and others have mentioned.
Thanks for reading my review--I hope it has given you information that will help in your purchase decision!
This isn't the case, but that doesn't detract from the overall quality of the product. I like the crescent shaped ice cubes, it's easy to fill and hold thanks to its shape, and I suspect that the relatively shallow cubes may even form more rapidly than those in other trays.
That said, I'd hoped this tray would solve the problem of water dripping all over the place when placing the tray in the freezer, it doesn't. Also, it's somewhat wide and doesn't fit in my freezer compartment's door trays - which is somewhat annoying.
Thus, 3 stars... good and bad, worth a consideration if you want to buy an ice cube tray.
- As other reviewers have mentioned, I have a very hard time with the covers. It's almost impossible to get them on without spilling water out the ends, and equally difficult to remove them after freezing. I don't overfill the cubes (about 3/4 water level seems right) nor am I impatient - it is a matter of poor fit.
- If you're not careful, the shape of the tray makes it easy to spill water off the ends. Other ice cube trays have a lip on both sides. If you overfill or wobble on the way to the freezer, you will spill water with the OXO tray.
- The tray material is flexible and durable. It is very easy to get cubes out.
- This is a usable ice cube tray that will probably last a long time. If OXO corrects the lid fit problem and tendency for the tray to spill out the ends, I'd give it at least 4 stars. As it stands now, 2 stars.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
use this everyday,cube just pop out with no freezer taste. I don't know why we didn't buy one beforePublished 1 day ago by edward r mcewen jr
Be aware that this is not the "no-spill" model. Water will leak if not stored flat.Published 7 days ago by Blackjack
I've been using these ice cube trays when freezing my child's baby food.Published 8 days ago by LIttleJ
Great product. The ice cubes pop out easily, and the tall lip plus the lid reduce the water spillage when placing a filled tray in the freezer.Published 8 days ago by Bill
Really nice. I can't remember to replace them but they work beautifully when I do.Published 10 days ago by Trueallie
This ice cube tray is so much easier than the past one we had. I liked the fact that with the shield on top you can put things on top of them without messing up the tray below and... Read morePublished 12 days ago by SB206