Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $6.78 shipping
OXO Good Grips Lewis Pepper Mill
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Non-slip, oversized knob is easy to grip and turn
- Long arm makes grinding easy
- Ceramic mechanism adjustable for coarse or fine grind
- Clear door shows when to refill and opens wide for filling
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Freshly ground pepper on that? The answer is yes, with the OXO Good Grips Pepper Mill that covers all bases: A long turning arm with comfortable, nonslip handle makes it a snap to get the grinder started and the adjustable ceramic grinding mechanism offers maximum durability. A clear door opens wide for easy refilling (no peppercorns rolling around the counter) and a matching base keeps a trail of pepper from escaping.
Please refer the product video under the images section before use.
Top customer reviews
It is literally the best pepper mill I have ever used. Finally got to see it in person at my parents' house and was blown away by the simplicity of the design of this thing. Here's a list of why it is great:
- Really sturdy. Made out of plastic, but seems very durable.
- The size is PERFECT for holding in your hand (this was one of my biggest fears because the picture makes it look quite big in my opinion).
- The loading door is great and the mill holds a very generous amount of pepper.
- Very easy to turn, easy to change coarseness (the lever-arm style pepper-mill is really what I was looking for because it is just much easier to turn than a knob-style). Also, the black knob on the lever can rotate independently from the lever, which is key to making it very easy to turn.
- The cover cap that comes with it is great so that you don't get pepper all over your kitchen counter.
Overall, really a great product. I couldn't be more impressed with it.
UPDATE: December 04, 2012
It has been over a year since this product was received and is in use at LEAST once every day (and by once I mean over the course of one meal).
The pepper mill is still going strong. There really isn't much I can add to the above original review of the product except that there have been no issues whatsoever and it has been working just as well since Day 1. Everyone who uses it loves it, it is VERY easy to use and get a lot of pepper from very little grinding effort due to the design of the lever-style crank mechanism, and it is very easy to clean (which rarely needs to be done since it's a pepper mill).
I have gotten other products from Oxo since this pepper mill and continue to be very impressed by them. Do yourself a favor: Do not be fooled by the other pepper mills that are often more EXPENSIVE - this one has been just about perfect.
My only MINIATURE issue with this grinder is that when placing your hand around it, you have to make sure that your fingers do not END on the clear plastic part of the grinder (The mechanism of it will make the top end of the clear refill part of the grinder pop out and if it's filled to the max you'll have peppercorns falling out). However this small problem in my opinion does not merit the removal of a star or take away much from my love of this product. I will certainly update this review if the grinder does not stay as functional for a reasonable amount of time.
In the meantime, My plan for the near future is to buy at least two more of these grinders, one for my coarse sea salt (no more disposable sea salt grinder for me!) and one for a three-color mix of peppercorns.
1) Inexpensive. Many of the highly-rated mills go for $40 and up. This is a bargain at $12.
2) Tray-style holder keeps ground pepper from making a mess on the counter or table.
3) I find the lovably dorky looks appealing.
4) Its handle grinding is much more ergonomic than the twisting action on many mills.
5) Grinds a lot of pepper with little effort.
6) Pepper loading chute is wonderfully easy to use and a big improvement on the disassembly mills often require.
1) Plastic construction and overall feel don't generate a lot of confidence in its durability, though other reviewers seem to have found that it holds up well.
2) Coarseness adjustment is inconveniently located at the bottom where the pepper comes out, so you get pepper on your fingers when you make the adjustment. The range of coarseness is what I would call fine to medium; if you like coarsely cracked pepper, you are out of luck with this mill.
3) The round shape is problematical for gripping. The handle action requires a solid grip on the body with the other hand, and the round shape is not conducive to this. Worse, it's very possible to pop open the pepper chute when you grab hold tightly. I haven't had any spills yet, but I feel I have to exercise a little care to prevent this.
Despite its issues, I really like this mill and for the price I doubt that it can be beaten.
Postscript 15 months on: The mill has held up just fine, and I quickly adjusted to gripping the body to hold the pepper chute closed when grinding.
Nothing is better for freshly grinding pepper for a recipe. You can grind large quantities of pepper easily and never suffer fatigue in the process. I am buying several as gifts for young cooks I know.
Most recent customer reviews
I measured it.Read more