Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports toystl17_gno

Size: None|Color: Multicolor|Change

Showing 1-10 of 285 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 334 reviews
on May 30, 2015
Poor quality junk … Purchased this a while back from Amazon, but use it so rarely that the retail sticker is still on the handle, shiny as it was on Day One. So, imagine our surprise when the head just broke clean off while using it on chicken. See photo. Very disappointed as we have purchased many Oxo products and have been impressed with all of them … until now.
review image
on March 15, 2014
I saw all the warnings about this item not being dishwasher safe. I saw the sticker on the flat side of the mallet. Good to go, as I hand wash my dishes. After having used the thing and cleaned it right after I was done, one evening when I was tired I simply I tossed it in with the few dishes and utensils soaking in hot water. Big mistake. After that, this thing was ruined. It should have been obvious. Why would something not be dishwasher safe? The high temperatures, of course. I knew not to put it in the dishwasher, but I did not want chicken juice getting crusted on the thing and so I put it in with everything else to hand wash.

Simple mistake. Cost me $15. Save yourself the trouble and try to find something that is stainless steel.
on January 2, 2016
When using the ribbed side, the polishing compound (or whatever they used) comes off on the meat. So basically the meat has black spots after using the ribbed side of the meat tenderizer. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but I would venture to guess it's probably not edible. Avoid. I don't understand all the positive reviews, maybe they are just using the flat side? And yes, I did try to wash it. Several times by hand, and the black stuff still comes off.
on July 10, 2016
The ink or whatever that colors the black handle comes off so badly that when I pick it up, my hand turns black. I pounded a chicken breast and the black guck got on the chicken and I had to throw it away. I wish I discovered this before the return window closed. This is going on the trash and was a waste of money.
on March 17, 2016
You would think I would have learned by now about OXO products. One trip through the dishwasher and the finish is gone. Now it leaves a metallic residue on everything it touches. Not the first time this has happened to me with OXO products but I have now learned and it will definitely be the last. If not for that, it would have been OK.
VINE VOICEon July 3, 2015
I have started to cook more seriously and I realized a key to cooking well is having the right tools. You don't need anything fancy, but the right tools make things so much easier.

I like very thin chicken (paillard) and I used to punch it down with my fists. Not very healthy for my hands and I didn't have very much finesse. Once I bought this, I was amazed at how much more quickly and concisely I could pound the cutlets exactly as I want them.

I have never used the pointy side of this, but the flat mallet side is perfect for my uses.
on March 16, 2017
Do not put in the dishwasher. The silver coating on the metal comes off and will appear on your hands as black (think of black soot) the next time you use it so you can imagine that being in your next steak. Yum. Website does not mention to hand wash.
on March 15, 2017
great quality
on March 21, 2016
Excellent quality, very sturdy and does the job. Used on on Abalone shortly after I received the item. The Abalone was given to me by a friend who lives very near the Pacific Ocean in California. It did the job to a tee. GWP
on April 30, 2017
Works great to pound my meat and tenderize also.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.