Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $6.10 shipping
OXO Good Grips Pepper Grinder
|Price:||$24.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Handsome as well as functional, so it goes from kitchen to dining room with ease
- Designed with stainless-steel accents and a clear acrylic body
- Has a soft, nonslip grip for comfortable grinding and comes filled with whole peppercorns
- Non-corrosive ceramic grinder won't absorb flavors or odors and is positioned at top so no mess on counters or tables
- Easily adjusts from fine to coarse grind; rests flat upside down for easy refilling; has a 4-3/4-ounce capacity
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item OXO Good Grips Pepper Grinder
OXO Pepper Grinder, Clear B00F5MJCTS
OXO Good Grips Lewis Pepper Mill B003L0OOQM
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$4.83|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||Acrylic||Plastic||Plastic|
OXO Good Grips Salt & Pepper Grinder Set:
In the kitchen or at the dining table, the OXO Good Grips Salt & Pepper Grinder Set is always in season. The Grinders are easily adjustable from fine to coarse grind and rest flat when upside down for easy refilling. Non-corrosive ceramic grinders won’t absorb flavors or odors, and are positioned at the top of the Grinders so as not to leave a mess on the counter or table. The Grinders have a soft, non-slip grip for comfortable grinding. Stainless steel accents and clear bodies give the Grinders kitchen-to-table appeal – great for preparing and serving meals. Sold filled with sea salt and black peppercorns.
It’s the Little Things:
At OXO, we consistently develop products that address even the tiniest of pet peeves, because we know it’s the little things that make the biggest difference. Our Salt & Pepper Grinder Set grinds from the top, so you can avoid leaving a trail of salt & pepper across your countertop.
Features & Benefits:
Our Grinders are also great for grinding whole spices like cumin, coriander and cloves. When you’re ready to switch ingredients, just grind some coarse salt through the Grinder to clean.
OXO is dedicated to providing innovative consumer products that make everyday living easier.How do we do it?
We study people – lefties and righties, male and female, young and old – interacting with products and identify ways to make them better. Our “question everything” process and relentless attention to detail uncover the best solutions for slicing, peeling, whisking, baking, stirring, washing, scrubbing, dusting, storing and organizing.
Top Customer Reviews
Second, when I tried out a slew of pepper grinders, it came down to two major and three minor qualities.
1. The pepper grinder MUST have adjustable settings, from coarse to fine, and the pepper must come out uniformly. If a pepper grinder can't do this, it does not matter how cheap it is or how cool it looks.
2. The pepper grinder MUST be easy to refill. This is almost as important as #1, and just about as much of a deal-breaker if its poorly designed. Some of the grinders have the most asinine, tiny, and poorly designed holes you could ever imagine.
1. It should be affordable. Anything less than $10 and more than $30 should be looked at closely. Under 10 and it just can't possibly be that good, and over 30 means its most likely overpriced. These aren't hard and fast rules, but something to consider.
2. It should be elegant or stylish. I've always preferred something in the silver/black area that tends to go with a variety of kitchen or home decors and just look nice on the table.
3. It is helpful if it faces upward, to keep grinds off the table. This is pretty common nowadays and isn't as hard to find as used to be the case.
Both mills have adjustments on the collar above the see-through storage portion. There are little "ears" that allow selection of one of five various settings for "fine" through coarse granules to exit the mill.
I wouldn't call any of the dispensed salt or pepper "fine" but that's perfectly okay for me and my family. Please consider other options if you like "pepper dust" as these puppies just won't grind that fine.
As others have noted, the mills set "upright" with the ceramic teeth facing the sky. It seems a little point, but how often have you lifted your old pepper mill to find flecks on the counter or table top? Filling and actual turning of the base portion to dispense either the pepper or salt is effortless.
I couldn't be more pleased with my purchase. (In fact I have a feeling I know what I will get some family members for a certain upcoming holiday)
Unless you simply don't have access anything other than pre-ground salt, I urge you to get the set that contains two mills, not the pepper mill and salt shaker)
Both mills do come loaded ready for use. I read where some have dumped the peppercorns that came with, to refill them with the identical black peppercorns. Whole spices tend to have a lengthy shelf-life. Upon checking, I see they say peppercorns have about 4 yrs. A few have dumped the salt too.Read more ›
The picture from Amazon shows the grinder side facing up, the way it's meant to be on the table. The dots that you see near the lip are what you use to adjust how fine you want the pepper to come out. The rubber bottom is what you twist to do the actual grinding. It is really easy to fill as there is no metal rod going out the back like those wooden pepper grinders. The fill cap is a twist on plastic cap. Highly recommended grinder.
Unfortunately, I was disappointed when I discovered that the grind on the finest setting is much too coarse. Even worse, it produces an uneven grind on every setting.
I almost returned it, but I suppose it can serve as a backup, or maybe I can put some sort of exotic, seldom-used peppercorns in it.
EDIT: I finally gave up trying to get good results with this pepper grinder. Since it was then too late to return to Amazon, I contacted the customer service department at Oxo and returned the item directly to them along with the purchase receipt. They then gave me a full refund for the purchase price. So extra credit to Oxo for honoring their satisfaction guarantee.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Initial impressions are excellent. Functions as described. However, salt grinders often fail due to corrosion of some integral part.Published 7 days ago by planetmike
Good product, works great. I never met an Oxo product I didn't like.Published 9 days ago by hokietrax
I love the pepper grinder, but now that I am ready to refill it, I am not able to open the bottom. I have even tried using pliers to grip the part that should turn... Read morePublished 18 days ago by Nancy M. Caliri
Works perfect. Grinds at the top, works with himilayan salt crystal too.Published 23 days ago by Yeung Ka Hung Steve