Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $5.90 shipping
OXO Good Grips Pro Y-Peeler
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $6.22. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Precision ground, extra-hardened stainless steel blade
- Longer blade for better maneuvering
- Blade is easily replaceable with the OXO Peeler Blade Replacement Cartridge, sold separately
- Sharp eyer easily removes blemishes in one scoop
- Non-slip, contoured handle for choking up or gripping farther back
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||4.5 x 10.2 x 0.8 in||2.75 x 5.63 x 0.75 in||3 x 6.25 x 1.5 in||4.2 x 10.4 x 1.2 in||1.25 x 7 x 0.75 in||6.3 x 2.5 x 2.5 in|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||Plastic||Plastic||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel/Plastic||Stainless Steel|
|Size||Pro Y-Peeler||Y Peeler||Set of 3||Pro Swivel Peeler||Swivel Peeler||—|
OXO's Peelers – An a-peel-ing alternative
The Swivel Peeler was the first of over 800 OXO tools introduced since 1990. OXO's founder was inspired to create a better functioning, more comfortable alternative to the traditional metal peeler after watching his wife struggle while peeling apples for a tart.
OXO's line of peelers includes options for all kinds of preferences, including the original Swivel Peeler, a Y-Peeler, a Serrated Peeler and a Julienne Peeler.
OXO's iconic Swivel Peeler has found a home in the permanent collections of museums all over the world, including New York City's Museum of Modern Art. Next time, tell your friends you own a bona-fide museum piece!
- Small, uncomfortable handles hurt users' hands during repetitive tasks and require strength to grip; Handles do not flex for comfort
- Materials used are slippery, especially when wet
- Inefficient blades with poor cutting angles and sharpness cut into edible parts of fruits and vegetables, resulting in significant waste
- During development, designers literally watched people of all ages and abilities (male & female, young & old, lefties & righties and people with special needs) interact with the product to identify precisely where on the handle users applied pressure while peeling.
- The design team explored hundreds of different handles and learned that a bicycle handle, with its large size and "grippy" material, was a very effective jumping-off point for the Swivel Peeler. Bicycle handles have to be sturdy enough to give riders a significant amount of control, a feature that was lacking in the world of kitchen tools.
- While sourcing parts for the original Swivel Peeler, designers worked with a blade manufacturer that was famous for creating Samurai swords. What better way to ensure the user would not have to expend much effort when peeling a carrot, apple or potato?
- Large handle fits comfortably in hand and elliptical shape keeps it from rotating; "Fins" on either side absorb pressure while in use.
- Durable, rubberized material provides a cushioned, non-slip grip and significant control, even when wet.
- Sharp blades are angled to remove only the minimum amount of peel necessary with little force
With the introduction of the Swivel Peeler, OXO set a new standard by creating a wonderfully effective, attractive tool that people of all ages and abilities were proud and eager to use. Consumers everywhere were taken with the "roly-poly, pudgy handles, " changing the look of kitchens the world over.
Ever wonder what makes an OXO product an "OXO Product"?
OXO employees believe there are two rules that should guide product development: First, every new product must deliver a significant improvement over the status quo. Second, the functionality should never be sacrificed to make the product more attractive – above all it should work well.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The only thing that bothers me about it is the blade cover. It falls off all the time and I am afraid I will lose it. I like to keep the blade covered so it stays protected and doesn't dull. My husband colored the cover with a black sharpie. It looks a bit ugly, but at least now when it falls off I can find it on the white counters or in the white sink easier.
The grip on this Y-Peeler feels comfortable and very sturdy in my hand. If this peeler ever broke I would replace it. I could never go back to using those old swivel-y type peelers. This OXO Pro Y-Peeler works better than I ever thought it would.
I have been looking for the same type of peeler at Macy's, surlatable,...Safeway... all retailers but only find plastic ones available. I'm very happy to find this style online and is highly recommend it!