Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "OXO Good Grips Salad Spinner” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 17% off the $29.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
OXO Good Grips Salad Spinner
|Price:||$29.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Easy, one-handed operation with patented pump mechanism and brake button
- Soft, non-slip knob locks down for storage, and a non-slip ring and wide base keep bowl steady on countertop
- Elegant, clear bowl is perfect for serving, and basket can be used separately as a colander
- Clear, flat lid allows for convenient stacking when not in use, disassembles for easy cleaning, and parts are top-rack dishwasher safe and BPA Free
- Capacity 6.22 qt bowl, 4.95 qt basket, Dimensions 10.5'' x 10.5'' x 6''
- Recommended by America's Test Kitchen
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Compare to Similar Items
This item: OXO Good Grips Salad Spinner
OXO SoftWorks Little Salad and Herb Spinner B00008ZPI4
Culina Space Saver Salad Spinner, 3-Quart B00L1RZT1G
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Innovative World|
|Dimensions||10.25 inches x 6.75 inches x 10.25 inches||5 inches x 8 inches x 8 inches||5.91 inches x 10.04 inches x 9.84 inches||8.4 inches x 8.5 inches x 6.7 inches|
|Item Package Weight||3.74 pounds||1.05 pounds||1.46 pounds||1.55 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
OXO's Salad Spinner – A different "Spin" on lettuce
OXO's Salad Spinner was inspired by a children's top, illustrating how even the most basic products can influence design innovation. Before its introduction in 1998, crank or pull-tab salad spinners were considered high-end products. Some people even used the spin cycle of their washing machine to dry lettuce. The easy-to-use OXO Salad Spinner turned the tool into an everyday kitchen essential.
Fun Fact: Recently, OXO's Salad Spinner was turned into a portable centrifuge to diagnose anemia in rural parts of the world.
- Difficult to Start: Pull-string and crank-style spinners require fine motor skills and strength to begin the spinning motion.
- Soggy Lettuce: Some salad spinners do not achieve high levels of RPM, leaving users with damp lettuce that has to be "towel-dried" before serving.
- Cumbersome to Operate: Spinners commonly spin out of control on countertops unless one hand is holding it down tightly while the other is pulling or cranking.
- Troublesome to Clean: It is not uncommon for lettuce to get caught in the lid of a salad spinner.
- Push of a button: During user research, the development team learned that people inherently enjoy the action of pressing down on a button. Not only is it fun and easy to do, but it gives them a sense of satisfaction that something is working.
- Use the force: Early in the development process, the designer actually calculated the surface tension of water droplets on lettuce. This helped determine the precise level of centrifugal force required dislodge the water and dry the lettuce without damaging it.
- Weeble-Wobble: The centrifugal force required to dry lettuce without bruising it was so high that the Spinner had a tendency to walk or wobble all over the countertop. Because of this, users had to use two hands – one to pump and the other to hold the Spinner steady.
- A Separate Piece: Our first attempt at a take-apart lid included pull tabs that held the lid securely together, but required too much force to separate the pieces.
- Get Pumped: The pump-style design makes it very easy for people of all ages and abilities to use without the need for significant hand strength or fine motor skills.
- Dry Idea: Continuous turning in the same direction allows the Salad Spinner basket to achieve higher RPM than most other spinners, resulting in the driest, crispest lettuce possible.
- Won't Slip: A combination of a non-slip ring bonded to the bottom of the bowl and the downward force from the pump keep the Salad Spinner steady on the table, allowing users to operate it with just one hand.
- Easy-to-clean: The clear lid immediately signals whether there is leftover lettuce caught inside and it comes apart with a simple pull to wash thoroughly.
The OXO Story:
In 1990, OXO staged a revolution (of sorts) by offering an easy-to-use, high-performing alternative to uncomfortable and ineffective kitchen gadgets. OXO's innovative take on the traditional Swivel Peeler, complete with its pudgy black handle, raised consumers' expectations of what could be expected from household products.
Today OXO offers over 800 products, each developed with a close (some might say "obsessive") attention to detail. Our goal is to deliver products that maximize comfort AND performance, illustrating our mission to create innovative consumer products that make everyday living easier.
Ever wonder what makes an OXO product an "OXO Product"?
OXO employees believe there are two rules that should guide product development: First, every new product must deliver a significant improvement over the status quo. Second, the functionality should never be sacrificed to make the product more attractive – above all it should work well.
From the Manufacturer
Less Effort Required
Easy, one-handed operation.
Patented brake mechanism stops the spinner immediately for easy unloading.
Serve in a Snap
Elegant bowls are perfect for serving.
Easy to Clean
Clear lid lets you see inside and comes apart for easy cleaning.
Soft, comfortable, non-slip knob locks down for convenient storage.
Basket can be used separately as a colander.
Safe for the Whole Family
Top rack dishwasher safe and BPA free.
Top Customer Reviews
You put the rinsed greens in the strainer, or rinse them after they're in, and then put the strainer in the bowl. One easy push and it spins on its own and it does not move around at all on the counter. I have found that it takes a couple spins to dry them the way I like, but while the greens are spinning, you can be chopping up other salad ingredients.
Even better, you can lock the handle in the "down" position and use this spinner to store the unused greens in the fridge; no separate "lettuce saver" is needed. I've had leaf lettuce in mine for several days, and it is still crisp and fresh. Since buying this remarkable spinner, I've had salad every night. And enjoyed every minute of it, preparation included!
If you love salads but hate the prep, get this. You will wonder how you ever got along without it.
The push mechanism (instead of a spinning handle) is convenient for storage, as it makes the overall footprint of the spinner smaller. It is also a better solution for those with grip issues (arthritis, for example), as the spinning mechanism is very easy to push down. You will get a good rotation speed, certainly enough to force most water off your produce, but it isn't as fast as the handle designs.
While the spinner looks very good for an inexpensive kitchen gadget, there are a couple design "flaws" I would have liked to see fixed. First, the base is solid hard plastic. This results in very little traction between the spinner and your counter. Since most times your lettuce will not be perfectly balanced in the spinner, the smooth base doesn't dampen the spinner's wobble when in use. The rest of the spinner is completely smooth as well, so with wet hands there are not good places to grip and stabilize the spinner during use.
These are minor complaints, and I would still recommend the spinner to anyone, especially those with grip-strength issues.Read more ›
This larger version takes up more storage space, not only in the cupboard but also in the dish drainer. That's a consideration when you realize that you need to wash the bowl and colander between uses, and that the inner mechanism on the underside of the cover also needs a chance to dry! I prefer to clean up in the kitchen as I do meal prep, and to let utensils air dry. The larger version made it enough more difficult because of its space requirements that I broke down and bought the smaller one recently.
Bottom line: Look at both--and think--before you buy.
Enter the stainless version, when I saw this I knew I had to have it. It seems strange to call a salad spinner beautiful but wow, it just is. Simply gorgeous bowl on this, as in leave it on the counter or table pretty. It is shorter but wider then the original, which I think leads to better spinning and allows your ingredients (we put all our other salad veggies in the spinner after drying our lettuce to mix them all together) to mix better. I love that it's stainless so that if I toss it in the freezer or fridge before adding my salad it helps keep it cooler longer and chills faster, I love crisp greens! The spinning mechanism seems easier to use (though it might be because my original is so old) and I love that not only does it have full bottom coverage of nonslip material but they added a seal around the lid!!! Now my salads (we store them in the bowl) stay fresh even longer in the fridge and it helps keep out (or in) unwanted odors.
I think my original is going to be retired to a chip bowl, absolutely love the new stainless!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works great! It does a good job on lettuce, and is especially great for mushrooms. I don't care what the cookbooks and/or TV personality says, I wash, not wipe off, my mushrooms... Read morePublished 4 hours ago by Arty Vee
Bought the large one in 2010. Its still working. The best on the market as far as I'm concerned.
Not only does it spin well. Read more
My wife and I have been trying to eat healthier, and that includes incorporating more salad into our diet. The biggest problem to overcome is washing and drying your salad. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Jacob V.
Yes this thing does the job well in regards to getting the water off of your lettuce. The design of this is very nice and I like how you can lock the push button in place which... Read morePublished 1 day ago by LuvDeals
It came apart after the first use. I put it back together and comes apart. I am sending backPublished 2 days ago by John Mikota
Love this spinner. I had been buying pre-packaged salads and recently read that those can be dangerous because of contamination. Read morePublished 2 days ago by PRT
Nice size and fits in the cabinet. Perfect for 2-3 salad portions.Published 2 days ago by Jeanette J. Nowak