Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $2.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
OXO Good Grips Silicone Sink Strainer
|Price:||$7.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Easy to clean silicone can invert to empty
- Effectively traps debris
- Stain resistant
- Silicone underside will not scratch sink
- Dishwasher safe
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Pros: fits great, looks good, engineered perfectly, solves your kitchen sink drain issues
Cons: Makes you re-examine your life now that you are this excited about a sink strainer
Seriously, this little strainer is that good.
No more pierced fingers from metal mesh strainers coming out of the edges. No more trying to scrape mashed goop out of those little fine-mesh holes.
This strainer works great and looks great. When it's time to empty it, just walk it to the trash can and "pop" it inside out. Bingo! It's completely empty. A quick rinse and you're all set. You'll never again have to take a brush to a disgusting fine-mesh metal strainer.
I pick it up from the sink and turn it upside down over the garbage can to dump it and then flick the center of the bottom hard, inverting it and sending any sticky bits flying downward off the silicone into the trash, then I push it back down into the sink drain. Takes me way longer to say it than to do it lol.
Here's how it's better than the screen type strainer and the plug strainers I've used before:
1) Much easier to clean. Pull it out and almost everything falls clear. The screen tends to cling to small debris requiring some serious spraying. The silicon and larger holes allows this to come clean immediately.
2) The wider steel rim looks awesome and makes the silicone collar lie totally flat. It also allows all those scraps friction-free transit to the basket. Since there's silicon all the way under the collar, it clings well to the drain.
3) The center pull - allow you to invert the drain basket to empty it, and also allows you to remove it from the drain without having to pry up an edge or get your fingers in the yucky stuff.
What a cool little thing.
What I found most frustrating was that food would stick to the silicone, so I wound up having to touch it and pick it out myself because it simply would not rinse out. The holes on this are much smaller so food gets clogged in them. Since then I've gone back to my old school, steel strainer that came with the sink. The holes are bigger so the food is less prone to stick and it rinses out much easier, and there isn't any slime!
It's too bad because I have several OXO items that I love, this just isn't one of them.
One thing I would have wished for is that it were a little wider. If I'm careful to center it every time I set it down, it looks OK, but invariably it ends up against one end of the existing flange, leaving about 1/16 of an inch exposed at the other end.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Have used this product several times and it's very well made.Published 4 hours ago by Amazon Customer
I wish I had bought this years ago, works great, easy to clean too.Published 5 hours ago by Rod Fugler
This product is a godsend if you wash a lot of dishes in your sink and don't have a garbage disposal. I was constantly cleaning food out of my sink before we got this product. Read morePublished 7 hours ago by Katie N.
Nice that it flips inside out for cleaning. Seals nicely in the sink.Published 1 day ago by Brian Smith
Doesn't drain properly. I bought two. They get stuck with even a few small items.
Big fan of OXO generally. Very disappointed in this product
Sturdy, fits properly, clean design, able to clean it easily, love the silicone and metal design.Published 5 days ago by M.P. Forest