Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $4.76 shipping
+ $4.99 shipping
OXO Good Grips Pro Swivel Peeler
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $6.25. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Swivel peeler offers superior control when peeling delicate fruits and hearty vegetables
- Constructed of sturdy, die-cast zinc; extra-hardened stainless-steel blade stays sharp
- Non-slip, contoured handle with extra cushioning for ergonomic grip
- Sharp eyer easily removes blemishes in one scoop
- Dishwasher safe; replaceable blade available
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item OXO Good Grips Pro Swivel Peeler
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Spring Chef||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||4.2 x 10.4 x 1.2 in||1.25 x 7 x 0.75 in||3 x 6.25 x 1.5 in||4.5 x 10.2 x 0.8 in||1.5 x 7.5 x 0.8 in||7.09 x 0.98 x 0.98 in|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel/Plastic||Plastic||Stainless Steel||Vegetable Peeler||Stainless Steel|
|Size||Pro Swivel Peeler||Swivel Peeler||Set of 3||Pro Y-Peeler||—||Serrated Peeler|
OXO's Peelers – An a-peel-ing alternative
The Swivel Peeler was the first of over 800 OXO tools introduced since 1990. OXO's founder was inspired to create a better functioning, more comfortable alternative to the traditional metal peeler after watching his wife struggle while peeling apples for a tart.
OXO's line of peelers includes options for all kinds of preferences, including the original Swivel Peeler, a Y-Peeler, a Serrated Peeler and a Julienne Peeler.
OXO's iconic Swivel Peeler has found a home in the permanent collections of museums all over the world, including New York City's Museum of Modern Art. Next time, tell your friends you own a bona-fide museum piece!
- Small, uncomfortable handles hurt users' hands during repetitive tasks and require strength to grip; Handles do not flex for comfort
- Materials used are slippery, especially when wet
- Inefficient blades with poor cutting angles and sharpness cut into edible parts of fruits and vegetables, resulting in significant waste
- During development, designers literally watched people of all ages and abilities (male & female, young & old, lefties & righties and people with special needs) interact with the product to identify precisely where on the handle users applied pressure while peeling.
- The design team explored hundreds of different handles and learned that a bicycle handle, with its large size and "grippy" material, was a very effective jumping-off point for the Swivel Peeler. Bicycle handles have to be sturdy enough to give riders a significant amount of control, a feature that was lacking in the world of kitchen tools.
- While sourcing parts for the original Swivel Peeler, designers worked with a blade manufacturer that was famous for creating Samurai swords. What better way to ensure the user would not have to expend much effort when peeling a carrot, apple or potato?
- Large handle fits comfortably in hand and elliptical shape keeps it from rotating; "Fins" on either side absorb pressure while in use.
- Durable, rubberized material provides a cushioned, non-slip grip and significant control, even when wet.
- Sharp blades are angled to remove only the minimum amount of peel necessary with little force
With the introduction of the Swivel Peeler, OXO set a new standard by creating a wonderfully effective, attractive tool that people of all ages and abilities were proud and eager to use. Consumers everywhere were taken with the "roly-poly, pudgy handles, " changing the look of kitchens the world over.
Ever wonder what makes an OXO product an "OXO Product"?
OXO employees believe there are two rules that should guide product development: First, every new product must deliver a significant improvement over the status quo. Second, the functionality should never be sacrificed to make the product more attractive – above all it should work well.
Top customer reviews
I bought it because she complained about our previous peeler when she was staying with us, though I didn't really expect her to actually like it, just quit saying how awful ours was. Now, I can say we both unreservedly recommend it. Before, I figured a peeler was a peeler...but I was wrong. Between the "hand-feel" of this one, and the ability to flip the blade (because most of us are right handed, so one side gets used much more than the other) or simply replace it without trashing the whole thing, this is the peeler you didn't know you were searching for.
The design is so clever. The blade is very, very sharp, so be careful. Plus, should the blade ever get dull, it is replaceable! Nice thinking OXO.
The rubber grip on the swivel peeler is very easy to hold, and it has never been easier to peel carrots and tomatoes. Even taking out potato eyes is simple with this fine device.
Don't waste your time trying others, as this is reasonably priced and will last you a lifetime. Love it!
i saw my dad eyeballing it this thanksgiving while he was over for supper and i scored him one for christmas. best peeler EVAR.